Formula 1 - 2015 Ferrari Rising

The BlackBear

Well it seems the topic was locked.

Saw an article that got me thinking about McLaren, it seems Jenson is very seriously considering moving to a new championship.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/button-considering-switch-to-fia-wec/

where F1 drivers go to pasture.

I'm sure his considering is more a reflection on mclaren considering to get rid of him. I think if he took a pay cut they'd keep him. As it is he's too expensive compared to Magnussen and we know alonso won't be cheap.

Alot of F1 drivers have retired in the Indycar series and I had hoped to see a guy like Button race here in the states. Did he say anything about racing LeMans? At any rate Haas could definitely use a guy like him in 2016 to help develop their car and groom Alexander Rossi.

I'm just waiting on bated breath for the US Grand Prix. Hamilton has a good record here in the States and I can only hope that that continues. He won't be able to put Rosberg out of reach with Mercedes' reliability issues and double points in Abu Dhabi but it will be nice to keep his momentum up.

It will be interesting to see if Marussia finally gives Rossi the start at COTA being as they may need points for a top ten finish or if they only race a single car until the end of the season. I wonder how Rossi is handling the situation. It's tough when the chance you've waited a lifetime for might come in this type of situation. But racing in the renewed US Grand Prix is the perfect venue for Marussia to debut the young American. The irony of an American F1 driver getting his debut on an American track on a Russian F1 team is not lost on me.

It will be interesting to see if Marussia finally gives Rossi the start at COTA being as they may need points for a top ten finish or if they only race a single car until the end of the season. I wonder how Rossi is handling the situation. It's tough when the chance you've waited a lifetime for might come in this type of situation. But racing in the renewed US Grand Prix is the perfect venue for Marussia to debut the young American. The irony of an American F1 driver getting his debut on an American track on a Russian F1 team is not lost on me.

I think they will run both cars for the remaining races, given the short gap between Suzuka and Sochi it made sense not to run Bianchi's car but I don't see any reason for them not to in the remaining races and the last three races could potentially be crucial for the future of their team, they really need the money they'll get by being ahead of Sauber and Caterham in the world championship.

I remember after Senna's death Williams only ran a single car for the next Grand Prix but after that they gave Coulthard a debut in their second car.

Speaking of Caterham, they look like they might be on the verge of going out of business, the company that builds the cars has gone into administration. It's a bit of a shame, they were initially the best of the new teams but they've not really made enough progress and Marussia seem to have move passed them.

Alot of F1 drivers have retired in the Indycar series and I had hoped to see a guy like Button race here in the states. Did he say anything about racing LeMans? At any rate Haas could definitely use a guy like him in 2016 to help develop their car and groom Alexander Rossi.

I'm just waiting on bated breath for the US Grand Prix. Hamilton has a good record here in the States and I can only hope that that continues. He won't be able to put Rosberg out of reach with Mercedes' reliability issues and double points in Abu Dhabi but it will be nice to keep his momentum up.

I think Marussia is more then safe to stay in the top 10. Sauber is a longshot at scoring points, and Caterham has so much going on behind the scenes that its possible they may not finish the season.

It would take a high attrition, and maybe an opening lap crash for them to even be able to think scoring points during a race. The races were they finish just outside of the points.

What would be the reaction if the WDC wins due to the double points at the end ?

Questions of "Did he really win the championship? would be on everyone's mind. Let's must hope that either Hamilton leads by 51 or the points difference is such that the double points won't matter.

Questions of "Did he really win the championship? would be on everyone's mind. Let's must hope that either Hamilton leads by 51 or the points difference is such that the double points won't matter.

The only good thing about the double points deciding the championship would be if it lead to a big enough backlash that the idea was dropped for future seasons.

Looks like we will be having a 20 car field (I hope Marussia runs both cars) for the next two races. Caterham has been given permission to skip USA and Brazil, in an effort to find a new buyer. Sounds like the team is being run by administrators and have told team employees to stay away until the team has been bought.

The only good thing about the double points deciding the championship would be if it lead to a big enough backlash that the idea was dropped for future seasons.

I think there will be fan outrage. It's not like when they alter the scoring as it's at least consistent within a season but this is giving a race more importance than any other. I personally don't find it more "exciting" that it increases the chance of it going down to the last race as it is utterly artificial.

If it goes down to the two driers racing until the very last corner then it's possibly ok. Any other scenario where Rosberg or Hamilton lose due to the double points is a joke. We could even wind up with a race where if one of them goes out the other could sit in a lower position knowing the double points still win it for them - this scenario is unlikely though as mercedes will be at the front anyhow.

It sounds weird but rather we go into the final race with the title already under Hamilton's belt (I'd feel the same way about Rosberg if he could still do that). The only danger then is that the idiot (ecclestone) running things would then have double points for the last 2-3 races which was the original intention.

Since when has Bernie really listened to fans or the teams? Guy lives in a dream world.

He only listens if his pocket is affected. As such he couldn't give a shit if we don't like it but he would give a shit if we don't watch it. Because that affects advertising revenue. Basically I won't be watching the final race next year if it's double points and this year's champion wins only because of it. I'd urge everyone else to do the same. We'd get a quicker result if we didn't watch the final race this year but I don't have the willpower for that. I'll meet them half way though and watch the final race even if Hamilton has it sewn up as I think Bernie's argument was that we don't watch once the season is won.

Field has dropped to 18. Marussia will not be going to Austin, and (more then likely) Brazil. FIA won't e forcing the top teams to run 3 cars either as that requires a 60 day notice.

to be honest I'd rather we don't have them around. they've been in the game several years now and they are still a second division team playing in the premier league. I don't care who finishes 10th or 11th in the constructor's championship.

Does this mean they may have to have 3 cars for the 2015 season? It'd be an interesting dynamic indeed as I guess most teams would take on a cheap driver merely because they couldn't afford the cost of another car and the mechanics etc surrounding it plus a high income driver. Eg I doubt mercedes could afford Hamilton, Rosberg and Alonso (although wouldn't that be fascinating to watch). I could also see Red Bull ditching Toro Rosso if they had to run 3 cars in the red bull team.

Does this mean they may have to have 3 cars for the 2015 season? It'd be an interesting dynamic indeed as I guess most teams would take on a cheap driver merely because they couldn't afford the cost of another car and the mechanics etc surrounding it plus a high income driver. Eg I doubt mercedes could afford Hamilton, Rosberg and Alonso (although wouldn't that be fascinating to watch). I could also see Red Bull ditching Toro Rosso if they had to run 3 cars in the red bull team.

I hope we don't have three car teams, especially if a team manages to be as dominant as this year's Mercedes were because that further reduces the chances that someone else could win occasionally and they'd probably have the entire podium going to them most of the time as well. It'd also be likely to reduce the field further by killing off more of the midfield teams, the like of Lotus or Force India might really struggle to score any points if the likes of Merecedes and Red Bull run extra cars.

I hope we don't have three car teams, especially if a team manages to be as dominant as this year's Mercedes were because that further reduces the chances that someone else could win occasionally and they'd probably have the entire podium going to them most of the time as well. It'd also be likely to reduce the field further by killing off more of the midfield teams, the like of Lotus or Force India might really struggle to score any points if the likes of Merecedes and Red Bull run extra cars.

I don't think any of the manufacturers want to run an extra car - even the rich ones. You don't really need that much more advertising and the cost of an extra car/team is a lot.

Hmm.. Audi will be leaving Le Mans to join F1 in 2016. I wonder if they'll buy Caterham.

Could be interesting.

I still maintain some of the smaller teams should just go after 4 seasons with no sign of improvement. It's pointless fodder having cars that are 4 seconds a lap slower than the fastest car. Some can move forward and others move up and down (Sauber springs to mind) but when they constantly languish at the back of the field it's embarassing for everyone.

I do feel for those funding the teams as they probably lose a lot of money but sport is rarely sentimental.

Speaking of which what a non-event the return of Kobayashi has been. Again, shit car but I'd rather he hadn't come back than be a non-entity.

Archived