Beverages You Are Consuming. Prithee, Tell Us About Them.

Xray the Enforcer

Unfortunately, I started sniffling as soon as I started drinking, as though I was mildly allergic to something in it. Does that ever happen to anyone else?

Slightly different reaction, but yes. I do sometimes have a sensitivity reaction to beers. For me, it happens most often in dry-hopped beers, so it's definitely something with hops, possibly residual pollen.

sadly churchkey was out of all the deschutes they had on tap. deschutes only hit the dc market this week. people are naturally all about it.

Could you please send some of that good taste down here? The beer being brewed lately has gone from abominable to humiliating. What is wrong with my people?

Happened to me just this week, eef. Hayfever type reaction a few hours later.

Sad that it was one of my favourite beers, Halcyon. Luckily the production manager at Thornbridge told me they'll stop dry-hopping if it's so problematic. Such a sweetheart. ;)

Wow, that's pretty awesome of them! I can't find out whether the abbey dry-hops their beers (or even just the Barock Dunkel), but it must be something like that. Luckily it wasn't much of a reaction for me, so it sounds like it was much worse for you. Especially if it's caused by a favourite!

I used to think it was a weird reaction to wheat, as it would also happen sometimes when eating (for example) hamburgers on a bun, but pollen makes a lot more sense. I guess this just means that next I'll have to finally crack open that Smooth Ambler gin instead!

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout was delivered to our part of the world today so like a dork I took a longish lunch break to grab some before it was gone. It's a very hot commodity. I managed to scoop up two four-packs, a four-pack of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and a surprise large format bottle of barrel-aged Narwhal. So excite!

We love some Narwhal in House Mercenary as well.

Once the regular format is released I expect we will bake chocolate chip cookies and have a flight tasting of our stout collection.

#chocolateexcellence #stoutnerds #wearekindofawesome

Whoah! You had me at "we will bake chocolate chip cookies".

I would trade all the Bourbon County Stout for the cookies.

NARWHAL! !!!!!!

SWIMMING IN THE OCEAN, CAUSING A COMMOTION, BECAUSE THEY'RE FUCKING AWESOME!

Archived