Beverages You Are Consuming. Prithee, Tell Us About Them.

Xray the Enforcer

Narwhal is definitely worth your time, especially if you're a fan of imperial stouts.

On the topic of Sierra Nevada, I'm quite thrilled because it's that time of year when their Celebration ale, a fresh-hop IPA, is back in stores and bars. Wonderful stuff!

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout was delivered to our part of the world today so like a dork I took a longish lunch break to grab some before it was gone. It's a very hot commodity. I managed to scoop up two four-packs, a four-pack of Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and a surprise large format bottle of barrel-aged Narwhal. So excite!

So today I was ordered back to Total Wine to retrieve 3 more barrel-aged Narwhals and 2 SN Harvest Wet Hop. Mission accomplished. I noticed the Goose Island Bourbon County display was gone and when I asked if it was sold out, the customer service guy told me they had moved what was left behind the counter and limiting purchase to a 4 pack per person. Don't mind if I do....heh.

On the other hand, the amount of money I've spent on these beers the past two days? Oi.

#beerwinning #greedy #delicousimperialstout #needasecondjob

Nvm.

How chocolatey do you wish to go? What price point do you want to hit?

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout (4 pack)

Rogue Double Chocolate Stout

Sierra Nevada Narwhal (4 pack)

And

Ballast Point Victory at Sea Porter

Peruse Beer Advocate for tasting notes, and avoid that Southern Tier Creme Brulee abomination and anything that has peanut butter in the name or description.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/search/?q=imperial+stout&qt=beer

I have finished all the lovelt I bought for the long weekend (A mix of Gulden Draak, Young's Double Chocolate, Rogue XS Imperial Stout, and Storm King Stout) I really wanted to try Bell's Expedition Stout but it keeps getting sold out as soon as my store gets it in stock.

Now I'm sipping something resembling a gin sour because my kitten knocked over my bottle of vermouth so martinis are out of the question.

:cheers: to you all.

We started with Manhattans, then moved to Deschutes Chasin' Freshies wet hop IPA (hopped with Mosaic), and then finished with Track 7 IPA. Not a huge fan of the Deschutes because I don't think Mosaic is a good stand-alone hop varietal but it is, as usual, a very well made beer.

Archived