Beverages You Are Consuming. Prithee, Tell Us About Them.

Xray the Enforcer

Shower. Beer.

i respect the shit out of that.

as i am a pretentious dick from the northwest i am enjoying a ethiopian yirgacheffe that we have roasted and sent to us from portland.

on the subject of drinking....a chef i respect and enjoy the food of happens to hate quality beer

and the owner of brooklyn brewing had this to say about it.

i respect the shit out of that.

as i am a pretentious dick from the northwest i am enjoying a ethiopian yirgacheffe that we have roasted and sent to us from portland.

on the subject of drinking....a chef i respect and enjoy the food of happens to hate quality beer

and the owner of brooklyn brewing had this to say about it.

Hah, both of those are awesome.

Edit for stupid phone fail

We are still drinking Manhattans

Do tell your recipe. Mr X has given me several good pointers over the years in these threads. Also, glad to hear you're partaking again. If I recall properly, you were abstaining due to complications from your alien head invasion?

Shower. Beer.

Like.

I'm drinking a sub par rioja tonight. Though since I'm past the half way point, I'm struggling with whether it's better to stop now or put the remainder away and start anew tomorrow.

Do tell your recipe. Mr X has given me several good pointers over the years in these threads. Also, glad to hear you're partaking again. If I recall properly, you were abstaining due to complications from your alien head invasion?

The Casa X Manhattan:

2 oz Rittenhouse rye

1 oz Carpano Antica vermouth.

2 dashes Fee Brothers Whisky-barrel aged aromatic bitters

Stir with cracked ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Manhattan recipes are fantastically simple -- the personal touch really comes with finding the right set of ingredients (i.e. specific brands of rye (or bourbon, if you're so inclined), sweet vermouth, and bitters) that work for you and adjusting the proportions as needed to account for varying levels and preferences for sweetness, spiciness, and so forth.

Gladly!

We like a robust, spicy Manhattan, so we use Rittenhouse Rye, Carpano Antica vermouth, and Fee Brothers Barrel-aged Aromatic Bitters.

Proportions are 2:1 -- we make small cocktails, so it's 2 oz rye, 1 oz vermouth, 2 dashes bitters. Stir over ice, strain into a chilled glass. We do not garnish with a cherry, but that's just personal preference.

If you want a slightly more bracing drink, you might want to use a rinse of Campari in the glass in lieu of the bitters.

And yes, thanks to a new immunologist/drug regimen, I can drink again without unusual side effects. I'm much happier, although my liver might have a differing opinion. ;)

a cup of Arbor Gold (white wine) btw has anyone heard of the GoT beer? i had it a few weeks ago freaking fantastic :cheers:

I haven't tried this years. Last years was ok. I want to like Ommegang more but their stuff is really pricey, even locally. Their Rare Vos is really good, the rest of their stuff is meh. One.cool thing about the brewery is they get some good bands at their outdoor music venue, and they let you camp in the field behind it so you don't have to druve home (the brewery is in the middle of nowhere).

Last year the gf brought me there to see the Black Crowes. Was fun but the concert was in November and it dropped from almost 70 around dusk to 20 in about three hours.

Tldr ommegang should drop their price by 15-20% and I'd actually buy it. Or just make better beer.

Archived