Northern attack on the Twins?

TallTyrion

I expect Seagard to be freed from Black Walder in short order, mostly by him leaving to take the Twins from his brother, but I suspect Riverrun will be bottled up once Edmure, or his son, is freed. The Freys are definitely in for a a windfall of corpses, well another one.

Internal fighting in the Wake of Walders death will likely be something that greatly weakens the Freys. I can only imagine the accusation that will be flying with all the dead Freys turning up. I'm sure someone will be accused of helping the Brotherhood without Banners

I think LS will kill some Freys including Lord Walder at the RW, and kill some more in raids.

I think the Twins will be attacked from the south by Dany. I think Black Walder will have taken some control and given dominion over the riverlands by Cersei after LF dies akin to Black Harren. I think the Twins will get the same treatment by Dany that Harrenhal got from Aegon I.

There are three Freys in WF, 2 if you consider Walda a Bolton now. And we already know

[spoiler]Aenys Frey is already dead as of Theon I in AWOW[/spoiler]

There's a force with them, not just 2 people. I make that approximately 1500-2000 in strength. They're going to be sent out to attack Stannis in his watchtower. The Maderleys will be sent on a complimentary mission, although this is highly likely to result in them turning against The Freys, after they've begun their attack.

Roose will remain inside the walls of Winterfell. The chances are he's going to have to struggle to keep Ramsey in check.

There's a force with them, not just 2 people. I make that approximately 1500-2000 in strength. They're going to be sent out to attack Stannis in his watchtower. The Maderleys will be sent on a complimentary mission, although this is highly likely to result in them turning against The Freys, after they've begun their attack.

Roose will remain inside the walls of Winterfell. The chances are he's going to have to struggle to keep Ramsey in check.

Well there's a difference between the Freys and Frey men, but yes I agree that the Frey forces are pretty much toast, especially with Ser Stupid leading them.

I think LS will kill some Freys including Lord Walder at the RW, and kill some more in raids.

I think the Twins will be attacked from the south by Dany. I think Black Walder will have taken some control and given dominion over the riverlands by Cersei after LF dies akin to Black Harren. I think the Twins will get the same treatment by Dany that Harrenhal got from Aegon I.

Old Walder is over 90, and infirm. Long before LS can think of a way to storm The Twins, which nearly everyone sees as almost impossible, there will be events within the ranks of The Freys. Can you really see Walder lasting much longer? I've mentioned elsewhere what I can see happening at The Twins.

Dany is too far away and far too busy to get involved in events in Westeros at this precise moment. She knows she can't leave Essos before she's settled all matters there. Does she want to see what happened before occur all over again? I really don't think so. The Freys are little fish in her scheme of things in any case. They're also nowhere near King's Landing and a certain throne. There is no significance in The Freys to attract Dany's attention.

Littlefinger will be busy for a while longer. He's got plenty of work to do. It is more likely for a 'fish' to deal with him, when the time comes.

the northerners wont march south in winter but the Others and the armies of the dead will. Jon will rise as the Night's King and lead them south to avenge his family.

Sansa will have to put the good of all ahead of her desire for revenge and lead the knights of the vale to defend the twins and the southern kingdoms.

Old Walder is over 90, and infirm. Long before LS can think of a way to storm The Twins, which nearly everyone sees as almost impossible, there will be events within the ranks of The Freys. Can you really see Walder lasting much longer? I've mentioned elsewhere what I can see happening at The Twins.

Walder would be killed at Daven's wedding at Riverrun.

Dany is too far away and far too busy to get involved in events in Westeros at this precise moment. She knows she can't leave Essos before she's settled all matters there. Does she want to see what happened before occur all over again? I really don't think so. The Freys are little fish in her scheme of things in any case. They're also nowhere near King's Landing and a certain throne. There is no significance in The Freys to attract Dany's attention.

Littlefinger will be busy for a while longer. He's got plenty of work to do. It is more likely for a 'fish' to deal with him, when the time comes.

Do you think Dany is going to say in Essos forever? And do you really think Tyrion or no one is going to mention to her the RW, despite its relative importance? Do you think Robb wanted how the Young Dragon bypassed the watchtowers to reoccur when he took a goat path past the Golden Tooth? I never said she would intentionally, it is called parallels and foreshadowing. Promising justice for the RW would be a good way to win over the riverlords. Dany would want to take the North, an the Twins is along the way, especially with a rival claimant, Stannis, there.

Dany and Co had no loved ones at the RW, I think that would be very ant-climactic and disappointing to have Dany take the Twins.

I say its Jon with the Others versus a weak coalition of southern forces, the Knights of the Vale led by Sansa being the strongest of the group.

Dany and Co had no loved ones at the RW, I think that would be very ant-climactic and disappointing to have Dany take the Twins.

She would still be repulsed at the idea of the RW. How would it be anticlimactic? Which of the Starks killed Tywin or Northmen kill Balon? There is no rule that the wronged party kills the one who committed the crime.

Nymeria's pack might not be in the Riverlands anymore.

She woke with a gasp, not knowing who she was, or where.

The smell of blood was heavy in her nostrils… or was that her nightmare, lingering? She had dreamed of wolves again, of running through some dark pine forest with a great pack at her hells, hard on the scent of prey.

Half-light filled the room, grey and gloomy. Shivering, she sat up in bed and ran a hand across her scalp. Stubble bristled against her palm. I need to shave before Izembaro sees. Mercy, I’m Mercy, and tonight I’ll be raped and murdered. Her true name was Mercedene, but Mercy was all anyone ever called her…

Except in dreams. She took a breath to quiet the howling in her heart, trying to remember more of what she’d dreamt, but most of it had gone already. There had been blood in it, though, and a full moon overhead, and a tree that watched her as she ran.

I don't think a pack of wolves storming a castle full of armed guards sounds like a good idea anyways unless one wants a way to dispose of the pack.

Oh, and Queen Nymeria's myth was she gathered her people along the Rhoyne and left never to return. Nymeria already gathered her pack along the Trident so the way I see it she was never meant to stay in the Riverlands.

I also don't think the Twins needs to be attacked. There are other ways. LS is getting rid of Freys a few at a time. I don't see her as the downfall of the house. The Others could get far south especially if Dany saw herself fighting on the Trident. Also, a change of power could strip them of their position.

ETA: As for the Vale they might not want to help the Riverlands if they learn who really killed Jon Arryn. LF being eventually exposed also poses the risk of Lysa being exposed.

She would still be repulsed at the idea of the RW. How would it be anticlimactic? Which of the Starks killed Tywin or Northmen kill Balon? There is no rule that the wronged party kills the one who committed the crime.

It is anti-climatic because with Tywin you had Tyrion and all their baggage, so it makes for an interesting story and has motive. Balon is still technically a mystery, but if it was Euron behind it he at least had motive as well, a bit of a gamble on his part, but he took the chance. Dany showing up and roasting the Frey's is very anti-climatic, they did nothing to her or her family that can't be explained away, she would be aiding two regions of people she considers 'usurpers dogs' in order to get the Frey's? Not likely, if she shows up at the Twins it is likely because an enemy or an ally is there and she is going for a rescure or a fight, not to kill Frey's.

The thing about the Freys is that many of them have been portrayed as very greedy and somewhat cunning. If this is the case I think the downfall of the Freys is simply going to be when Lord Walder Frey finally dies. I mean remember that he is pushing mid 90's here.And in a world like this.......I wouldn't be surprised if one of his sons help him into the grave.

However once he dies, you are going to see Freys fraction into factions and pretty much implode........the only thing keeping them together is the old scion scumbag himself.

However once he dies, you are going to see Freys fraction into factions and pretty much implode........the only thing keeping them together is the old scion scumbag himself.

This also seems likely, but i'm hoping for a big showdown at the Twins not more Frey fractionalism. But both could still be true.

It is anti-climatic because with Tywin you had Tyrion and all their baggage, so it makes for an interesting story and has motive. Balon is still technically a mystery, but if it was Euron behind it he at least had motive as well, a bit of a gamble on his part, but he took the chance. Dany showing up and roasting the Frey's is very anti-climatic, they did nothing to her or her family that can't be explained away, she would be aiding two regions of people she considers 'usurpers dogs' in order to get the Frey's? Not likely, if she shows up at the Twins it is likely because an enemy or an ally is there and she is going for a rescure or a fight, not to kill Frey's.

Right. There's no rule that perfect justice must prevail. In fact the opposite seems to be the rule, but there is still good storytelling. Dany will have plenty to do but I don't expect her to be at the Twins roasting Freys with her dragons. Jon and Sansa have so much invested there I would be disappointed if they weren't a part of that story.

I would love for Bolton to get wrecked in the North and the North to march south when they hear of the Greatjon's escape. The Greatjon storming the Twins would be a fitting revenge for Robb's death. One of the strongest men in Westeros leading a vengeful host on a bloody rampage across the Twins, killing everyone as they go. Just as that kicks off, Condon/Stout and the Blackish slaughter the Freys fleeing south, while the Brotherhood/Stoneheart butcher the Freys inside Riverrun.

Ah, what a wonderful world that'd be :^ )

I think it clearly is Euron, he arrived just three days after Balon's death. The Freys getting roasted by Dany wouldn't be ant-climactic since the series isn't focusing on or building up to the Freys getting their comeuppance. Dany believes in collective punishment, and promising justice for the RW would be good to win potential support among the riverlods who suffered losses at the RW.

The Freys getting roasted by Dany wouldn't be ant-climactic since the series isn't focusing on or building up to the Freys getting their comeuppance. Dany believes in collective punishment, and promising justice for the RW would be good to win potential support among the riverlods who suffered losses at the RW.

Dany still has to unite the Dothraki hordes, bring peace and justice to Slavers Bay, train her dragons, decide what to do with Jorah/Tyrion, plan the invasion of Westeros, kill/marry Aegon/fAegon, take King's Landing, destroy Stannis at the Trident, marry and/or kill Jon, bathe the Others in dragonfire, restore the Targaryen dynasty and rebuild the wall with a magic rainbow she'll shoot out her very special ass. What do you suppose the hundreds of other characters in the series should be doing in the meantime? Carrying her on their shoulders chanting "Mysah! Mysah!" I suppose.

Archived