Tyrion just as bad as cersei

TiltedAxis

Cersei ordered the killing of babies that were a threat to her family and her sons rule. Cruel but understandable.

Tyrion killed his father.

Morality is subjective.

Tyrion killed his father who was a mass murder and who deserved to die, Cersei killed babies who for her incest kids' non-existent right to rule. No contest.

Tyrion killed his father who was a mass murder and who deserved to die, Cersei killed babies who for her incest kids' non-existent right to rule. No contest.

Who decides who deserves to die? Tywin was a respectable, powerful man, and his father. Whether or not you agreed with his methods is irrelevent and doesn't take away from the fact that tyrion killed the man who gave him life.

Well you're the one who said that Cersei acknowledged how awful Joffrey is, so something must have made you say that, I just want to know what it is. It doesn't have to be a word for word quote, but whatever it was that made you say it, because either something made you say it, or you pulled it out of your arse, and if you cannot prove the former, then I must assume the latter.

I assume you have no answer to this.

""I'm the king. I get to say who has their tongues torn out, not you. "

Gladly leave then with your superior reading.

You left out that 8 year old Tommen says that in response to Cersei saying she'd gladly rip out Margaery's tongue, who Tommen likes very much, not to mention that Margaery's advice usually very good. And that Tommen is a very gentle child who suggests sending a bastard a kitten as a gift so it's not like he would have ripped anyone's tongue out and Cersei knows it. She's just mad that Tommen reminded her that he was the king while she liked to pretend that she was the rightful Queen and entitled to rule.

Who decides who deserves to die? Tywin was a respectable, powerful man, and his father. Whether or not you agreed with his methods is irrelevent and doesn't take away from the fact that tyrion killed the man who gave him life.

Well I suppose that means if Osama Bin Laden's son killed him that too would be wrong in your eyes?

Well I suppose that means if Osama Bin Laden's son killed him that too would be wrong in your eyes?

Yes It would.

Also..

"her son was attended by his kittens. As she watched the cats frolic about his feet, Cersei felt a little better. No harm will ever come to Tommen whilst I still live. She would kill half the lords in Westeros and all the common people, if that was what it took to keep him safe. "Go with Jocelyn," she told the boy after they had eaten."

​Yah, terrible mother right there.

Well you're the one who said that Cersei acknowledged how awful Joffrey is, so something must have made you say that, I just want to know what it is. It doesn't have to be a word for word quote, but whatever it was that made you say it, because either something made you say it, or you pulled it out of your arse, and if you cannot prove the former, then I must assume the latter.

Still waiting for a response...

"I will break my fast with the king this morning. I want to see my son." All I do, I do for him.

I think this is better. You said shes an awful mother.

Well obviously she see's herself as a doting mother and loves her children but she loves them as an extension of herself, she see's herself as a better mother than she is. Now can I have a response to my post, and also, how can she acknowledge Joffrey's evilness, whist also wishing Tommen were more like Joffrey?

I thought that the thread would go in a slightly different direction. So, to answer the actual topic: No, imo Cersei is almost exclusively responsible for the toxic relationship between her and Tyrion. Yes, we do know her reasons for hating him but it's also clear that those are irrational reasons. Tyrion OTOH would have been loyal and loving towards her if she ever treated him with love and respect like Jaime did. As the much younger brother Tyrion is only reacting to how Cersei (mis)treated him all his life.

But if the topic were Tyrion and Cersei are more alike than they realise or that Tyrion has a tendency to show the same flaws and weaknesses as Cersei then I could agree with it more.

- both hate how they are marginalized by society for being a woman/a dwarf but they both look down on or don't want to be compared to other women and dwarves. Although Tyrion's relationship with Penny might be an opportunity to change his views, whereas Cersei will probably never get it

- both think they are smarter/ better at playing the game than they truly are and better players are using this against them. With Cersei it's obvious but Tyrion also makes major mistakes: sending Myrcella to Dorne for ex was a huge blunder, LF is still around even though Tyrion knew about the dagger story and he has no clue what Varys is up to + for some time just seemed to believe his flattery

- both are super ambitious to the point where it's quite frankly getting ridiculous: only being Hand is good enough for Tyrion just being on the SC as Master of Coin is apparently an insult, only being Regent is good enough for Cersei, both want CR no matter what

- both have a tendency to be cruel and vindictive. Again Cersei much more so but with Tyrion it's also there from the beginning. Compare both of them to Jaime who has done lots of bad stuff that he seems unapologetic about but hardly ever has any vindictive thoughts at all

-both have screwed up views towards the opposite gender in part due to their marriages

The main point is it's funny how we are always told that the Lannister twins are so alike when they turn out to be so different from each other and OTOH there are so many similarities between Cersei and Tyrion who are portrayed as antagonists who couldn't be more unlike each other if they tried. It's really interesting and one of the reasons why I want all the Lannisters to be trueborn children of Tywin and Joanna. This family is just full of great, complex, slightly fucked-up family dynamics.

A suggestion to everyone: let this thread die.

It's obvious a troll you are dealing with. Anyone who calls Tywin a respectable man, says killing babies is understandable and argues that Cersei is a good mother is trolling to get attention.

It's just my suggestion in order to people like him/her does not get their kicks. Like King Stannis the Mannis said his reasoning is just as outlandish as A Highborn Maiden's.

A suggestion to everyone: let this thread die.

It's obvious a troll you are dealing with. Anyone who calls Tywin a respectable man, says killing babies is understandable and argues that Cersei is a good mother is trolling to get attention.

It's just my suggestion in order to people like him/her does not get their kicks. Like King Stannis the Mannis said his reasoning is just as outlandish as A Highborn Maiden's.

Calling people who disagree with you trolls doesn't make you intelligent.

Cersei is a good mother, as I've provided several examples throughout the thread.

Killing babies to protect your own family is extreme but understandable.

Tywin IS respectable. hes pretty much the ultimate badass and was by far the most powerful man in westeros.

"I will break my fast with the king this morning. I want to see my son." All I do, I do for him.

I think this is better. You said shes an awful mother.

She is, though. Cersei loves her children, I don't believe that can be denied, but love alone doesn't make you good at raising your children. Joffrey was never going to be great, but after incidents like cutting the cat open, that was when Cersei should've reined him in. She also missed whatever Joffrey did to Tommen that made him go away inside - this is canon, see affc funeral chapters. Her harshness to Tommen is meant to toughen him because she thinks he needs it to be safe, but he's eight, it's still abuse.

She loves her kids but she's still a disaster as a mother.

While I like all the Lannisters I think that Cersei is worse than Tyrion for striking out at those who were on her own side or had ties to her, like Lady Stokeworth. Still I'm in two minds about Tyrion. I like him as a character but kinslaying is kinslaying and he has done more harm to House Lannister by killing Tywin than the Martells, Starks and Tullys did together.. Although one shouldn't forget the good things he has also done for House Lannister.I

I think I'm with Stannis on this issue.

Calling Cersei a good mother is hilarious. She loves her children, sure. That doesn't change the fact that her children should be taken away from her as far away as possible for them to not grow up into monsters or emotionally damaged people.

Archived