How will Cersei die?

dsug

My theory on how she will die is based on the fact that a couple theories prove to be true and that Maggy the Frog's prophecy is true.

First, Sandor is alive and with the Faith on the Quiet Isle.

Second, that Gregor turns out to be Robert Strong.

Both of these theories are well liked and personally I believe they're accurate.

Anyways, so we all know that Robert Strong is Cersei's chosen champion for the trial by combat. I'm suggesting that the Faith chooses Sandor as their champion to help him get to kill his abusive brother. After the trial is done with Sandor being the victor, she will be sentenced to death by hanging.

This means that the valonqar isn't Jaime or Tyrion as it would seem but is actually the younger brother of the Cleganes, Sandor.

There are some problems with this theory and I would love some feedback on what's wrong, if you have anything to solidify this more, etc. Also, it's my first time posting so be gentle! Haha

Problems:

A. Tommen and Myrcella are presumably still alive. They would need to be dead before the sentencing in order for her "tears [to] drown [her]" Perhaps Tommen and Myrcella die before the trial (or during as some have suggested).

B. The Faith would knowingly pull Sandor out of "retirement" to kill someone. The way I interpreted his staying at the Quiet Isle is that he is atoning for his sins. It wouldn't make much sense for them to let/force him into killing again.

C. As for the death by hanging, I'm not sure if this is the proper way of killing royalty, I would assume that it would be beheading. If this way of killing turns out to be false then I have a way to "fix" my theory. It would be Jaime "mercy" killing her, strangulation seems like a far worst death than beheading but maybe he thinks it'd be more intimate and fitting to have him kill her instead of the executioner (maybe even during sex if we want to get into so kinky stuff). This of course would mean that it wouldn't really matter who the champion for the Faith was since the valonqar would end up being Jaime.

Let me know if you have any supporting evidence, evidence that you believe makes this impossible/improbable, or anything like that.

Except his hand doesn't work that way, and I sincerely doubt they could do that. There are no known sorcerers in KL. The Hand's chain fits better since as Tyrion demonstrated, it can be done with one hand, and it isn't as literal as using actual hands.

Agreed. It is important that Tyrion used only a single hand to strangle Shae with the chain of the Hand.

BTW, Arya might stab Cersei fatally like that boy stabbed Varamyr for a squirrel skin cloak. That might take place a couple of days before the strangulation. Perhaps in addition to all the other motives of Jaime in strangling Cersei, there will be a dimension of mercy-killing too.

Regardless of that, I expect the whole thing to be extremely complicated like Jaime killing Aerys. Maesters of future will generally have many wrong ideas about how the events at the end of the KL took place but the reality will be quite different.

I know people are saying Stannis will strangle her, but it seems unlikely. Killing anyone, particularly a woman, in that way seems rather unlike him. He is all about rigidity and justice, and giving everyone their "due." If he kills her, he kills her by fire.

Unusual circumstances could change things. Imagine Stannis giving Cersei a chance to explain, she manages to seduce him. Afterwards he's so incensed at both of them that he strangles her.

Cersei and Tommen are ousted from KL and flee to another castle in the CL. the castle comes under siege and Cersei poisons Tommen. Jaime repels the siege and sees what she did and kills her.

If the castle is Stokeworth Bronn could do it, but idk how that fits with the Maggy the Frog prophecy. but it would be cool if Bronn helped out his ol' pal Tyrion.

I do hope that Salador Saan gets to bed her. she seems likely to fall for his flash and charm.

Doesn't work. You left Myrcella alive and she has to die before Cersei does. Besides, Tommen is going to die by the hand of Olenna Tyrell as revenge for Margaery's death-by-framing.

I just don't think GRRM is going to repeat the same thing twice. Plus with jaime/cersei it makes sense that it would be a more "intimate" way of strangling

Funny, he uses a three-fold revelation strategy for his hidden messages. And he's had more than one person brought back from the dead the same way. Besides, we already know the chain works for killing lying whores, and if anyone deserves that distinction it's Cersei.

Jaime will not strangle Cersei unless she does something truly horrible like killing their last remaining child out of jealousy and an insanity-driven rage. It would be so much easier to just use his sword. There has to be a reason he wants her to know he's killing her, and want her to suffer and feel the fear.

Unusual circumstances could change things. Imagine Stannis giving Cersei a chance to explain, she manages to seduce him. Afterwards he's so incensed at both of them that he strangles her.

Doesn't work. You left Myrcella alive and she has to die before Cersei does. Besides, Tommen is going to die by the hand of Olenna Tyrell as revenge for Margaery's death-by-framing.

Funny, he uses a three-fold revelation strategy for his hidden messages. And he's had more than one person brought back from the dead the same way. Besides, we already know the chain works for killing lying whores, and if anyone deserves that distinction it's Cersei.

Jaime will not strangle Cersei unless she does something truly horrible like killing their last remaining child out of jealousy and an insanity-driven rage. It would be so much easier to just use his sword. There has to be a reason he wants her to know he's killing her, and want her to suffer and feel the fear.

This entire reply is just sadistic as fuck.....

To me. The "Little brother" has to be someone in the context of the prophecy.

The witch was speaking of

!) Cersei

2) her king husband (Robert Baratheon)

3) Her children.

This essentially leaves the following canidates: Tyrion, Jaime, Stannis, Tommen.

Reasons for and against each:

Tyrion: She suspects its him, therefore shes probably wrong, hes far across the world, etc.

Jaime: Doesn't have "hands" doesn't fit in the context of the prophecy, "The valonqar" This rules out jaime & tyrion IMO. Because "the" little brother implies there is only one, cersei has two little brothers.

Stannis: Most likely canidate IMO, "The" younger brother of robert baratheon, WOULD do it, CAN do it. Reasons against: far across the world, no reason to kill cersei in such a personal, intimate way.

Tommen: Interesting concept, "the little brother" after talking about her children could refer to the little brother of her two children. Reason against: the prophecy seemed to imply her children would die before her.

If its not one of those four people, then the prophecy could simply refer to any little brother, and would therefore not be really worth discussing.

So... a dragon shall wrap his hands around Cersei's throat and choke the life out of her?

Idk just spitballing lol. Maybe he scoops her up with one of his talons and just mangles her.

Just thinking out loud.

IMO, Maggy's prophecy points to Tommen. "Your" (Cersei's) valonqar would refer to Tyrion/Jaime, but "the" valonqar suggests a continuation of the subject at hand: her children.

Or someone else connected to her but not necessarily related to her. Tommen's wife's brother could qualify.

Archived