Walking Dead Season 5: Comics and TV Spoilers discussion

Mark Antony

How is Carl so optimistic now? Did the Farmer Rick parenting have such a positive effect? Is this sort of optimism a negative in a zombie apocalypse? I mean, his first instinct is to give people a chance, and this is right after he was locked in a boxcar in order to be made into a delicious meal for the Termites. Which happened to be right after his last home was ruined by the Gov. Maybe the return of Judith is part of this new optimistic streak? It just makes me worried for our little Carl.

I'm glad we get to maintain the black male population for at least one more episode. But Bob was bit right? I figured that's why he went off on his own. I read some of the comics but I can't remember if this was in the parts I read. I thought I remembered something about tainted meat but can't be sure. Aren't they all tainted anyway? Have they saved Bob by cutting off his leg? If Bob was bit and he apparently hasn't turned yet, does this mean they cut off the leg with the bite? If so, how did they not notice?

Still really enjoying this season. I like it more when the group is all together, or at least when we are able to touch base with everyone in the group. Hopefully they can get Beth back soon because that church scene could have really used a bit of Beth singing.

Bob is going to die. :(

I figured it would weave into the real cannibal arc.

And everyone knew Bob was going cause he's just too happy.

I did not, however, peg him as the new Dale.

I also realized that the "three" people missing is only Bob. Daryl& carol are off chasing down Beth's kidnappers.

Bob's Burgers. I had to say it.

I hope he was bitten otherwise put Bob down as "another idiot who goes wandering off in the dark post Zombie apocalypse". At least he gets to go out not being the last survivor for once.

Where've I seen Gabriel before?

Bob's Burgers. I had to say it.

I hope he was bitten otherwise put Bob down as "another idiot who goes wandering off in the dark post Zombie apocalypse". At least he gets to go out not being the last survivor for once.

Where've I seen Gabriel before?

I haven't seen him in anything else, but I Googled him and Seth Gilliam (Gabriel) was in Oz, The Wire, Damages, and a few other series. Seen any of those?

redsnow, Seth Gilliam was Carver on The Wire.

totally makes sense now! Been a few years since I've seen the wire.

I haven't seen him in anything else, but I Googled him and Seth Gilliam (Gabriel) was in Oz, The Wire, Damages, and a few other series. Seen any of those?

And I remember him from Oz now which is even further back!

It's like Walking dead gets all the black actors from the Wire while Boardwalk empire takes any of them.

Could Omar be in season 6 once Boardwalk empire ends this year?

Do the group not have anyone on the lookout? I know its drama and all that but for the group being as paranoid and prepared as they've shown it just seems a little silly

Also gum guy should be dead Tyreese absolutely beat seven shades out of him.

Either way it was a pretty good episode

totally makes sense now! Been a few years since I've seen the wire.

And I remember him from Oz now which is even further back!

It's like Walking dead gets all the black actors from the Wire while Boardwalk empire takes any of them.

Could Omar be in season 6 once Boardwalk empire ends this year?

It's like with Deadwood actors migrating to Sons Of Anarchy and Justified. :p

On topic, I thought we might finally see a Carol/Daryl kiss during the water jug scene. These guys are killin' me!

I think that was a very rare moment in which they actually enjoyed what little humanity they have left and let their guard down.

It was actually fun to see them eating and smiling.

poor bob crying by himself :(

I knew as soon as Carol spotted that car she was going to try to take off. Obviously Daryl figured it out too. Go team Carol/Daryl for going to save Beth :commie:

I was also glad that they addressed the katana issue. They didn't go much into the history of it but it was a nice nod to the comics fans.

From here I'm guessing it takes a few episodes to figure out Gareth is stalking them. Rick and company will go bananas on them and then if they don't go too far away from the comics they will start Alexandria.

One of the cannibals has the katana. It has to find it's way back to Michonne because I want that scene when she finally tries to hang it up.

Archived