Characters you can't take seriously

larastone

Which characters can you just not take seriously?

-it could be rational or irrational

-it could be about their personality or just the way that GRRM writes them

here's my list:

Stannis

Brienne

Sandsnakes

All the villains in Dany's storyline

All the Tyrells

Daario

Darkstar

Victarion

Damphair

Ramsay (he's just so horror villainous that he doesn't scare me at all)

Jon Snow

Samwell

Ygritte

Which characters can you just not take seriously?

-it could be rational or irrational

-it could be about their personality or just the way that GRRM writes them

here's my list:

Stannis

Brienne

Sandsnakes

All the villains in Dany's storyline

All the Tyrells

Daario

Darkstar

Ramsay (he's just so horror villainous that he doesn't scare me at all)

Darkstar He feels rather flat to me. I would love to know why he is the most dangerous man in Dorne. He is a snooze fest for me thus far.

I don't know why you guys all hate Dickon Manwoody. He was a total badass when he... was once introduced to Tyrion.

Victarion is too dumb to be taken seriously, but I guess it doesn't take much brains to swing an axe around.

The Sand Snakes become more boring and shallow the closer you examine them, as opposed to Arianne who becomes more interesting and complex. (Rereag plug!) I have hope for them though.

In this world today, tragically some women are getting news that their husbands have been beheaded. Truly, truly horrific.

In the medieval world of Westeros I think hearing this about your husband would be more equal to hearing that he had died in a car or plane crash, a freak accident at work etc.

Yet Catelyn, supposedly a strong intelligent woman, goes into a tail spin, despite the fact that she has small children who have lost their father and will need their other parent even more.

Yes, I know that no-one can tell how a woman will react when hearing that her husband has died. This is of course true. But this is a fictional character. A fictional character who is also supposed to be a mentally, emotionally strong one.

Archived