"They killed him long ago"

Winter Blues

theoretically, using the varamyr sixskins "second life" logic, could Others be channeling lost wargs into corpses, to make wights?

logic: in brans chapters, it's stated the longer you become part of the animal, the more you become like it, and the more of yourself you lose.

imagine that in a corpse? mindless, primal intent.

Maybe The Others are wargs who have lost themselves within the minds of creatures Other than themselves.

Hate to be this guy but look at the show a bit. Coldhands isn't in the show at all. The show more or less has trimmed the unnecessary people or plots(sansa in the Erie for example). It could be that who CH is isn't important to the overall plot.

The show killed off a character who has important things to do in TWoW and ADoS. They left out Willas and Garlan Tyrell. They may have cut out Arianne, Quentyn, Griff and Young Griff, and the Ironborn kingsmoot. But I guess none of that is important to the plot...

Oh, and they could put Coldhands in later, as I've pointed out with some of the above missing characters. Afraid they're just screwed regarding killing off Dany's bloodrider though.

The show killed off a character who has important things to do in TWoW and ADoS. They left out Willas and Garlan Tyrell. They may have cut out Arianne, Quentyn, Griff and Young Griff, and the Ironborn kingsmoot. But I guess none of that is important to the plot...

Oh, and they could put Coldhands in later, as I've pointed out with some of the above missing characters. Afraid they're just screwed regarding killing off Dany's bloodrider though.

i was certain, he wouldve appeared when carl fooking tanner was about to eliminate them. that wouldve been the perfect introduction, saving them from the rebels

The best theory is that he's the father from the 79 sentinels story, or the son or something. It explains why he's a wight but still somewhat mindful of his actions. It also explains what he was doing the whole time and a bit about why Blood raven is able to command him. Its a watchmen still keeping his oath even in death

The best theory is that he's the father from the 79 sentinels story, or the son or something. It explains why he's a wight but still somewhat mindful of his actions. It also explains what he was doing the whole time and a bit about why Blood raven is able to command him. Its a watchmen still keeping his oath even in death

Actually, it makes sense. The story would have a vibe to the Army of the Dead of LotR.

And... it would make sense Coldhands rides an elk, not a horse, as the Horse is the symbol of house Ryswell, like the father of one of the sentinels.

The kingsmoot is important but the detail and time it'll take to explain and advance that story scene by scene won't benefit the show. It would be easier just for Asha to explain in one scene that she escaped from the Iron Islands after her father died and her uncle took the crown. The bigger task for the show will be how to introduce Victorian and Euron.

Speaking on the Greyjoys I think Asha will save herself and Theon by explaining to Stannis that somehow killing Theon would bring the iron born down on him, and his best bet would be to return Theon to Pyke and gain their allegiance. Once back on Pyke, Theon will become Lord due to Victorian and Euron's selfishness getting them killed. Aeron will be sure to make this happen. That's why I think the book explained the kingsmoot so in depth, and the relationship of the greyjoys.

Brynden Rivers was said to be the three eyed crow.

He can do more than one thing at a time right? It's not like Coldhands was chatty or that Brynden would have to put much thought into it, he spoke very sparingly, had some talent with ravens and was riding an elk. I don't know, seems obvious to me, but I am often incorrect.

The kingsmoot is important but the detail and time it'll take to explain and advance that story scene by scene won't benefit the show. It would be easier just for Asha to explain in one scene that she escaped from the Iron Islands after her father died and her uncle took the crown. The bigger task for the show will be how to introduce Victorian and Euron.

Speaking on the Greyjoys I think Asha will save herself and Theon by explaining to Stannis that somehow killing Theon would bring the iron born down on him, and his best bet would be to return Theon to Pyke and gain their allegiance. Once back on Pyke, Theon will become Lord due to Victorian and Euron's selfishness getting them killed. Aeron will be sure to make this happen. That's why I think the book explained the kingsmoot so in depth, and the relationship of the greyjoys.

You know, they can pretty much cut everything in the story and make a character to say who won the Iron Throne in the end. Whole series, in 5 seconds.

He can do more than one thing at a time right? It's not like Coldhands was chatty or that Brynden would have to put much thought into it, he spoke very sparingly, had some talent with ravens and was riding an elk. I don't know, seems obvious to me, but I am often incorrect.

So you are saying that cold hands led Bran to the three eyed raven only to be the three eyed raven himself.

There were likely some skirmishes post-war with Others and humans. And it's possible that "they" refers to someone else. Even other members of the Watch.

I refer you both to my Wighting Theory. Though I think Ser Cold Fingers may have seen it before.

By the way, there's a decent chance Coldhands is Daemon Blackfyre II. I like to think he's a Stark, or a Bolton, but it would be cool of have a member of house fire and blood be a form of ice zombie.

I'll take decent! I'll even take not implausible. thanks!

Show developers have stated that just because something or someone has not appeared in line with their or its appearance in the books...

Does not mean they will NOT be in the show D&D have already commented on the costs of coldhands in cgi so if he does rock up it'll only be for the most important parts...of which we the readers haven't come up to yet IF he even has a significant role.

I'm was almost sold on the Cold Hands=insignificant character bit, I mean, Bryden and the Children don't seem to think much of him; they dismissed him with a simple "They killed him long ago".

But keeps coming back to the fact that he is a fully functional wight. That in itself has to be significant.

The theory I like best is that Bloodraven controls him with the same magic an Other will use on a Wight; I dunno if I would call it warging, though...

No subject angers me as much as "long ago". Yes it could mean thousands of years but so many treat that as proof that CH is the Nights King and that's just ridiculous. It's ambiguous at best neither proving or disapproving that theory. What always gets overlooked is that right before Leaf says long ago she tells Bran that she's 200 years old. That plus the wording "they" killed him led me to believe that he is Benjen. I spent a month writing this awesome analysis of why Benjen is CH and as i was finishing it i happened across a leaked chapter from the WoIaF that i won't mention here but i think answers the mystery of CH. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Leaked chapter about giants?

Show developers have stated that just because something or someone has not appeared in line with their or its appearance in the books...

Does not mean they will NOT be in the show D&D have already commented on the costs of coldhands in cgi so if he does rock up it'll only be for the most important parts...of which we the readers haven't come up to yet IF he even has a significant role.

True. I keep hoping for Coldhands and Strong Belwas to show up. Preferably not in the same scene though. ;)

No subject angers me as much as "long ago". Yes it could mean thousands of years but so many treat that as proof that CH is the Nights King and that's just ridiculous. It's ambiguous at best neither proving or disapproving that theory. What always gets overlooked is that right before Leaf says long ago she tells Bran that she's 200 years old. That plus the wording "they" killed him led me to believe that he is Benjen. I spent a month writing this awesome analysis of why Benjen is CH and as i was finishing it i happened across a leaked chapter from the WoIaF that i won't mention here but i think answers the mystery of CH. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Leaked chapter about giants?

Haven't read the leaked chapter about giants. But I will point out that "long ago" to a creature that has a lifespan of greater than 200 years is going to be longer than "long ago" to a human who has a lifespan of between 40 and 70. So no, it's not possible that Benjen is Coldhands.

Are you the one who started a thread about Redwyn? He's a better candidate than even Daemon II.

True. I keep hoping for Coldhands and Strong Belwas to show up. Preferably not in the same scene though. ;)

Haven't read the leaked chapter about giants. But I will point out that "long ago" to a creature that has a lifespan of greater than 200 years is going to be longer than "long ago" to a human who has a lifespan of between 40 and 70. So no, it's not possible that Benjen is Coldhands.

Are you the one who started a thread about Redwyn? He's a better candidate than even Daemon II.

Wish i could take credit but no i didn't start that thread. I read it and dismissed it myself at first but now I'm not sure.

Also I'm not saying long ago couldn't mean thousands of years. It absolutely could but absolutely could mean 50 or 100 years just as easily. Long ago seems to be the crux of the CH/NK theory and it's just to ambiguous to me. Also if u look at it from a perspective of story structure we already have a character whose arc could intersect with the NK story naturally in Stannis. The 3 eyed crow /CH/Bran arc seems to be heading in a different direction entirely.

Archived