Eye colour

Arkhangel

What do you call hazelnuts?

We have word for hazelnuts, it's just that we don't have eye color hazel. Eyes can only be green, blue, brown, mixed, but not "hazel". It's correct that I should be more precise, it's just that in English, hazel can mean color and hazelnuts or bush, but we don't have color hazel. (we have word for hazel bush, btw.)

I would say hazel. I never paid attention to eye color or hair-eye combos until GRRM and his genetics piqued my interest. And I learned that green is the rarest eye color. I always assumed it was blue. Mine are brown.

That girl was pretty, with beautiful eyes.

Thankfully not! My family hasn't seen me for over a year and a few of them think there has been a change in my eye colour in that short time. There has definitely been a big change since I was young, they used to be really a very dark brown.

They're hazel. And that's my professional opinion. If you haven't had your eyes checked lately you might want to (if your family found the change that noticeable) - lost pigmentation can accumulate in the trabecular meshwork which can lead to increased internal ocular pressure and eventually glaucoma. Do your eyes ever ache after intense physical activity?

Archived