What would make you stop reading a future book of Asoiaf and never pick it up again?

BrienneofQarth

How is that even a possibilty?

Large planet. Get in a ship...keep sailing east or west...and you'll reach the shore of Middle-Earth...where do you think Brandon the Shipwright ended up??

Plus...Men bear the Gift of Men, mortality...which sounds a lot like 'The Gift'...which is death. Mortality = Death.

Anything is possible with Elvish magic.

It is known.

I guess I don't have any deal breakers. Maybe if the series got even more decompressed than it already is and I just grew tired of waiting that I might just...stop. There are theories I hate with a passion (Jojen paste, Tyrion the Targaryean, Benjen is Daario) which, if they turned out true in all their ridiculous implausibility, I would be super disappointed and irritated, but I'd likely keep reading unless the entire series deteriorated to the kind of nonsense that those three theories are.

Jon dying at the hands of a crying Bowen Marsh. With the first chapter at the wall in twow being a new election for LC.

Heh now that I think about it, it would be kinda funny at how much rage there would be if Jon turns out to be dead as dirt and was nothing more then a red herring for 4 books.

I like the theory that Jon is dead dead and that GRRM will have Jon chapters for Jon Con just to piss people off. I wonder how many people would throw their book at a wall.

"...And that Bran is what happens if you don't stop climbing. I'm headless, your lady mother's a vengeance crazed zombie who hangs Freys and has a guerrilla war with the Lannisters while being the leader of a ragtag group of misfits, Robb's killed at a wedding reception, Sansa's is a politician without scruples, Arya's a killing machine, you turn into a tree and Rickon is raised by unicorns and a wildling." Bran nodded solemnly and never again climbed a tower.

If it turns out that everybody are just Faceless Men in disguise.

If everybody's a bastard child of another person.

If Jon and Dany fall in love at first sight and their love unites all of the evil doers of the world and peace and pure happiness reigns.

Jon Snow being truly dead by Marsh's hands or, worse, Jon coming back as some sort of 'un' version of himself like LS. And really, I would be just as upset if Dany, Tyrion, Arya, Sansa or Bran got similar treatment. I was invested in Ned and got over his death. I was invested in Robb and got over his death. I hated it when Catelyn came back as a vengeful zombie. There's just so much I can take before I'm just no longer interested in the story...and I'm not going to pretend that all of the secondary characters that Martin has invented are enough to support the rest of the story or make it interesting. I'm invested in the original six- those are the characters I like, the characters I care about. Now, if one or more of these characters die at the end of the story by sacrificing themselves somehow, then I'm fine with that. I just don't want un-Jon running around before he finds out who he is, or Dany dying off (or going crazy) before she gets to Westeros, or Bran turning to the 'dark side' and fighting humanity because he's with BR.

I don't require a happy ending...but I do want a sensible story.

Well George is a good writer so he could probably keep me interested no matter what.

That being said I would find it infuriating if most of the fan theories came true (you know which ones) thus ruining the story.

An other way to get me to nuke random cities after consuming 10L of vodka is if Georgie pulls a fast one on us and the story turns into a "classical" high-fantasy with all the tropes and cliches and loses all its originality

Archived