Football, take gazillion - Arsenal injury crisis is still ongoing

baxus

Love you, Nasrudin.

I'm off to Upton park on Saturday so will report back on West Ham finishing fourth after that

Nice! I expect Pellegrini will be the first manager this season to notice that someone ought to actually pay some attention to Diafra Sakho, which will be unfortunate for us. Can't really see us getting any points from this game, unless the fates conspire.

Nice! I expect Pellegrini will be the first manager this season to notice that someone ought to actually pay some attention to Diafra Sakho, which will be unfortunate for us.

What you have to hope for is that they spend too much time paying attention to Sakho, and not enough to Enner Valencia. I can see those two being a very difficult partnership to handle as the season goes on.

What you have to hope for is that they spend too much time paying attention to Sakho, and not enough to Enner Valencia. I can see those two being a very difficult partnership to handle as the season goes on.

Their movement has been very good, and is improving with each game. And Stewart Downing (though much maligned on this board) has been outstanding playing in a surprisingly free role behind them. With the three of them all switching it up, they are causing a lot of problems for opposing defenders. I expect that Teddy Sheringham has had a lot to do with this.

City are a very well organised team, though, and I doubt we'll be running their defenders out of position. If they can keep our fullbacks out of the game, I don't think we'll have much luck, as we are very vulnerable to counter attacks. Alternately, they could just keep the ball away from us--with Noble and Kouyate out, we've only got Song who can win a tackle in our midfield currently (Song's been very good for anyone who is curious but has not been watching our games).

So what number thread actually is it? The completist in me wants to know, but the lazy person in me can't be bothered to find out myself...

ST

The number of football threads is ineffable, as the numbering was already arbitrary. There have been plenty of football threads that weren't counted over the years.

Their movement has been very good, and is improving with each game. And Stewart Downing (though much maligned on this board) has been outstanding playing in a surprisingly free role behind them. With the three of them all switching it up, they are causing a lot of problems for opposing defenders. I expect that Teddy Sheringham has had a lot to do with this.

City are a very well organised team, though, and I doubt we'll be running their defenders out of position. If they can keep our fullbacks out of the game, I don't think we'll have much luck, as we are very vulnerable to counter attacks. Alternately, they could just keep the ball away from us--with Noble and Kouyate out, we've only got Song who can win a tackle in our midfield currently (Song's been very good for anyone who is curious but has not been watching our games).

Which side has Valencia been playing on? If its the left then he'll be up against Zabaleta and Kompany who are a step above what he's faced so far this season. Possibly ever?

Which side has Valencia been playing on? If its the left then he'll be up against Zabaleta and Kompany who are a step above what he's faced so far this season. Possibly ever?

Yes, left. It will be an interesting test for him, for sure, and very likely a humbling experience.

Given his career before the world cup consisted of six months in Mexico where he moved directly from Equador, I don't think the 'possibly' was necessary...

Anyway, Adnan Januzaj starts up front today instead of Falcao. That's an interesting one...

Nice! I expect Pellegrini will be the first manager this season to notice that someone ought to actually pay some attention to Diafra Sakho, which will be unfortunate for us. Can't really see us getting any points from this game, unless the fates conspire.

City's backs will be so preoccupied with Sakho and Valencia they will leave space for West Ham's best player to scythe forward and score the winner.

Obviously I'm talking about Winston Reid.

Archived