Seen the latest Season 5 news?

King Jon Targaryen I

I was wonder about the reactions people got from the need stills of production in season 5 and the whole Jamie going to Dorne and what not. Just curious to know peoples opinions of those who watch the show and read the books. Let me know if you're excited or disappointed. The only thing that is bugging me is Arienne Martells absence and what they're doing with the Queenmaker stuff and the Greyjoy material and that is it.

I am very optimistic about it.

IMHO, A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons were not on a level with the previous books and had lots of filler. And I don't think it was smart to introduce fAegon.

In retrospect, when the show replaced Jeyne Westerling with show only Talisa that was a build up for cutting the Riverlands and Lady Stoneheart.

I am very optimistic about it.

IMHO, A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons were not on a level with the previous books and had lots of filler. And I don't think it was smart to introduce fAegon.

In retrospect, when the show replaced Jeyne Westerling with show only Talisa that was a build up for cutting the Riverlands and Lady Stoneheart.

I agree with this. aFoC and aDwD would be a pain to do as they are so cutting through the filler is a good idea for a tv show. The newest information shows Tyrion and Dany together which is something I prefer to GRRMs wait of 15 years for the same.

If that's not a fake... well, it does speed up a lot the Merenesse knot. It would surely work better than Tyrion expending chapters and chapters hanging out with slavers and mercenaries, specially since the show doesn't need the POV structure to show the battle (if there is a battle at all)

They are dropping and changing so much of the books that those wanting to read the books first should not worry about spoilers. And those that are finding the books mostly boring are happy also because the story is shortened and stuff like the Mereen Knot is removed. So, all is good!

For the real ASOIAF story we will have to wait the books, no spoilers before. AGOT is something different.

I don't mind most of the changes made in the series thus far, but this is troubling.

I'm actually quite liking the look of this. Let's face it, Slavers Bay has been a complete bore on the show, so having Tyrion meet up with Dany sooner than usual has got to be a good thing.

If that's not a fake... well, it does speed up a lot the Merenesse knot. It would surely work better than Tyrion expending chapters and chapters hanging out with slavers and mercenaries, specially since the show doesn't need the POV structure to show the battle (if there is a battle at all)

The Meereen scenes are from either E9 or E10 because David Nutter is on set right now.

That does make one wonder what the heck will be the Meereen story E1-E8?

Yep

If you want to get it done in 7 seasons you cant keep the story in a "holding" pattern. Great news if that picture is real.

I like that apparently Tyrion meets Dany in this season, I think it is a good thing. I personally can't wait for Dany to finally land in Westeros. The omission of some characters that were introduced in AFFC and ADWD (like Arianne, Greyjoy) does not bother me, as I did not care that much for them. The omission and changes regarding the storylines of the characters that I consider established (LS, Jaime in the Riverlands) bug me. I'm torn about Aegon, it depends on his future role in the books.

They are dropping and changing so much of the books that those wanting to read the books first should not worry about spoilers. And those that are finding the books mostly boring are happy also because the story is shortened and stuff like the Mereen Knot is removed. So, all is good!

For the real ASOIAF story we will have to wait the books, no spoilers before. AGOT is something different.

Disagree, the show is simply an abbreviated version of the books, all the core plot twists are in both but the minor twists are changed due to screen limitations.

We will see. But in an interview this summer, GRRM said, speaking of book six:

“Well, Tyrion and Dany will intersect, in a way, but for much of the book they’re still apart”

Intersecting means crossing paths, then separating. And "in a way" suggests something not like what you expected. For GRRM, if there is ever a joining, it will not be before book 7.

I was expecting Tyrion joining Dany all while reading book five, but it never happend. If things we expect start happening, then we are no more in GRRM story. If Tyrion is joining Dany's team before the events at the end of book five, maybe becoming her advisor, then it is a big deviation for me.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much of the books "core plot twists" will really be addressed by the show. D&D have not given much clues until now.

Archived