Small Questions v 10091

Stubby

In the last thread, about the people who know about the twincest, aryagonnakill#2 provided this list :

During a re-read I fell yesterday on somebody else : Ilyn Payne. After Jaime has met Lancel in the sept at Darry, he trains with Ilyn and tells him how he fucked Cersei over Robert's body in Lord Darry's bed, when they returned from Winterfell to King's Landing.

Aye, thanks for that.

And yes, Ilyn knows. I dunno... maybe that's something that will eventually get Jaime in trouble. Heh.

What ancient blood would green fall under? I'm sorry but I don't think that is a logical question, maybe if you rephrased...

ok

First Men Blood = ice

Valyrian Blood = Fire

the bloodline for green magic, ggreenseeing, etc. It's said Bloodraven is the LAST one, i would assume it's an ancient bloodline similar to first men/valyrian, that he would be the last of this ancient bloodline.

blood that would promote green magic, if first men promote ice, and valyrian for fire (it's a theory i wont get into here)

bloodraven's mother's side would have it definitely in their history, as he already has his targ side with valyrian blood (his sorcery side). the other half, would be how he greensee's, enters dreams, etc. though, thinking back, targs have prophetic dreams occasionally, so maybe it's the valyrian bloodline that grants that

Bloodraven's mother was a Blackwood, hence First Men blood.

hmm.. so he's half first men, half valyrian. i thought it may have been a different third possible ancient bloodline. so basically he's jon if r/l/j

Blackwood i was fuzzy on, didnt know if first men or a third (possible rhoyner/andal).

just a hunch, thinking outside the box.

Ok I understand the question now, but I don't think your talking about a small question. Imo first men blood promotes greenseeing since Bran is going to be a new greenseer, and Jojen has green dreams, and Bloodraven is either a Bracken or a Blackwood which are both first men families .

oh it's not small, then again it is only because i wanted to know where bloodraven's mother stemmed from. it would support an ongoing theory

the secret to all magic lies in the blood. it's why the others take crasters children, it's why mirri maaz duur hatched the dragons. it's all in the purity of the blood. the summerhall tragedy, why melisandre's magic sometimes doesnt work. she thought kingsblood, meanwhile, it's actually valyrian blood. not all kings have valyria, thus, her failures.

it's also why craster's incest would increase potency

and targaryens as well

it's why benerro sent thoros to robert, melisandre to stannis, and moqorro to danaerys. he knows the importance of valyria to rh'llorian magic.

the more potent, the stronger the magic

this is just something i personally came up with, it may not be necessarily true.

hmm.. so he's half first men, half valyrian. i thought it may have been a different third possible ancient bloodline. so basically he's jon if r/l/j

Blackwood i was fuzzy on, didnt know if first men or a third (possible rhoyner/andal).

just a hunch, thinking outside the box.

TWoIaF spoilers:

The Rhoynar are connected with water magic. There is mention of water wizards in the Rhoynar excerpt.

The Blackwoods are originally from the North. They were Kings of the Wolfswood.

TWoIaF spoilers:

The Rhoynar are connected with water magic. There is mention of water wizards in the Rhoynar excerpt.

The Blackwoods are originally from the North. They were Kings of the Wolfswood.

I would naturally assume, the greyjoys and the houses of the iron islands descend from the rhoyner then, and thus the more potent their bloodline without contamination, the more powerful the evidence of the drowned god's magic. interesting.

patchface's prophecies may be because his blood is more potent with rhoyner blood. the iron islands rape and pillage like vikings, so throughout time their bloodlines would be diluted, perhaps patchface's is more genuine.

^ Wow I didn't know that about the Blackwoods, that's cool. That must have been super long ago. The Bravosi are also associated with "air magic" as it is said that aeromancers found the location for Bravos.

Melissandre was not sent to Stannis by Benero, she is rogue working for herself.

bravosi with air, hmm.. andal?

I would naturally assume, the greyjoys and the houses of the iron islands descend from the rhoyner then, and thus the more potent their bloodline without contamination, the more powerful the evidence of the drowned god's magic. interesting.

patchface's prophecies may be because his blood is more potent with rhoyner blood. the iron islands rape and pillage like vikings, so throughout time their bloodlines would be diluted, perhaps patchface's is more genuine.

In Clash it is mentioned that the First Men found the Seastone Chair on the shores of Old Wyk. So I would assume that the Iron Born are descended from the First Men.

In Clash it is mentioned that the First Men found the Seastone Chair on the shores of Old Wyk. So I would assume that the Iron Born are descended from the First Men.

water can be made from ice, yes.

however, "found," it was already in existence when they fell upon it?

In addition to Consigliere's answer, the Rhoynar migrated to Dorne.. Not the Iron Islands.

In addition to Consigliere's answer, the Rhoynar migrated to Dorne.. Not the Iron Islands.

i love having you guys around, it's good to discount nonsense :D

i guess everything stems from ice and fire then. even water and green magic. after all it is a song, of ice and fire

Yes and Yes.

The Iron Born are not descended from the Rhoynar though.

From TWoIaF, the Rhoynar migrated to Westeros around 1,000 years ago.

no problem, got it. for any of my propaganda to work, it would appear it would need to be from First Men, & Valyrian. even green and water magic, would stem from the blood of the first men.

think of it,

danaerys blood sacrifices rhaego, who would have valyrian blood (possibly from both sides?), used to power mirri maz duur's blood magic.

by default since marwyn of the citadel trained mirri apparently, he would have knowledge of valyrian magic. they say he carries a valyrian steel staff and valyrian steel rings. he may be a follower of rh'llor [unconfirmed obviously]

melisandre's magic sometimes doesnt work, it' because she believes kingsblood powers, yet not all kings would have valyrian blood, thus the reason for some failed magic. this logic would summize, the more potent the blood, the more powerful the individual. she can see into the flames, im interested in her bloodline, i would predict, it's 50% valyrian/50% unimportant. thoros may be valyrian on both sides (resurrection, id consider to be HUGE), moqorro as well.

patchface would need to be first men blooded, on both sides. he also has the potential for becoming Other [dont worry about it, just thinking to myself out loud]

Archived