Photos of Dany and Tyrion together

JonSnowed

This isn't a scene break.

They have body doubles of the actors in the EXACT same position.

http://watchersonthewall.com/doubles-osuna-new-images-daznaks-pit-2/#more-15678

I also do not think Tyrion is Hizdahr's slave, I doubt Dany will tolerate that within the walls of Meereen and also no slave collar.

The seat also looks too good for a slave. She looks as an equal to Missandei, whose one of Dany's top advisors.

Now THIS is a change I can get behind, since this is what GRRM should have done with Tyrion and Dany in aDwD instead of giving us their dreadful chapters

I'm less happy, however, with Pit Fighter!Jorah, and even less happy still with Barristan's absence. The actor must have peed on D&D's cereal or something, because they are not giving him his due

*sigh* And Barristan was the one saving grace of the Meereen storyline, but now they're giving us an extra helping of Tyrion, now in a dorky looking outfit!

Now THIS is a change I can get behind, since this is what GRRM should have done with Tyrion and Dany in aDwD instead of giving us their dreadful chapters

I'm less happy, however, with Pit Fighter!Jorah, and even less happy still with Barristan's absence. The actor must have peed on D&D's cereal or something, because they are not giving him his due

*sigh* And Barristan was the one saving grace of the Meereen storyline, but now they're giving us an extra helping of Tyrion, now in a dorky looking outfit!

Another poster said that Ian McElhinney is currently directing a play written by his wife...it's very likely that he wasn't available to film anything. That doesn't necessarily mean that D&D have written him out...they may simply be accommodating his schedule.

I did read something about the actor playing Barristan doing a play, or something, involving his wife somehow, I think, and that he did complete his filming. Hopefully, it's not an excuse to kill him off, but perhaps all his location work is already shot, if not all his work for the year. Check out WatchersontheWall, I think that's where I read something about that. I'm with you, I want some Ser Barry, The Queen's Hand.

I'm personally for this. For one, I don't have see Tyrion's Essos pity party, nor Dany's boring aDwD material.

The real question is, do they film the season in sequence or bounce around in the filming process. If it's in sequence, this most likely means its toward the end of Tyrion arc for season 5. If that's the case, I sure hope they had some Aegon and JonConn earlier in the filming process.

Well, my theory for the books is that Tyrion will flutter from Aegon's to Dany's camp without fully commiting to any, so maybe in the show they'll just switch the order, first Dany and then Aegon next season...?

Ugh, I don't know anymore

I'm actually quite okay with this change too. I wouldn't want to watch Tyrion self loathing for the entire season. But if they indeed made Tyrion to meet Dany this season, shouldn't this kind of spoiled some elements of TWoW?

And what do people mean that they killed Barristan here? Am i missing something?

Tyrion is sitting beside Hizdahr folks, not Dany and is wearing yellow to match him. This could very well mean that Dany only knows him to be her husband's new servant/pet Hugor (bought/hired from amongst the pit fighters) and that he never gets the chance to introduce himself because she flies away on Drogon.

(There are several pages of discussion on the casting/film news/spec thread btw).

Damn. That's crazy.

I guess the show may be removing a lot from ADwD.

Well, it has to since they are doing both AFFC and ADWD in one season.

Of course, one could argue that Martin should have removed a lot from those books, as well.

My guess is that they're simplifying Tyrion's storyline similar to what they did with Arya season 2. Makes sense to cut out a lot of the wandering back and forth with tertiary characters in order to put Tyrion near primary characters.

So, you're saying Tyrion will have a bunch of pointless fanficcy conversations with a main character that has no bearing on the plot or either characters, won't struggle or have anything traumatic happen to him, and will have no character development?

Well, at least he probably won't say: "Most dwarfs are stupid".

Actually the scene looks like it will be much more focused on Jorah than on Tyrion. They've put him in a seat at Hizdahr's side and put Jorah in the pit in his stead, which if anything diminishes Tyrion's role in the scene. He actually WON'T be the centre of attention in the scene. I doubt he'll have much to say or do in the scene besides some quips/asides and reaction shots once shit begins to go down. My guess (which I've reiterated again and again, sorry to be repetitive) is that he'll be Hugor, Hizdahr's manservant, bought/hired from amongst the pit fighters when Hizdahrs picks the ones who'll fight.

So, you're saying Tyrion will have a bunch of pointless fanficcy conversations with a main character that has no bearing on the plot or either characters, won't struggle or have anything traumatic happen to him, and will have no character development?

Well, at least he probably won't say: "Most dwarfs are stupid".

What you don't want to watch another long Beetle discussion from Tyrion? Why can't you appreciate the genius of creating characters like Orson Lannister.

Archived