Question for everyone on this board

James Steller

Would you prefer an ending to this series by George R R Martin which infuriates you at how bad it is, or would you prefer no ending to the series at all?

Given how nobody will be permitted to step in and finish the series in light of Martin's death, you'd be left to endlessly speculate over what could have been. Is that preferable to a certain conclusion which you disagree with?

Would you prefer an ending to this series by George R R Martin which infuriates you at how bad it is, or would you prefer that George RR Martin dies before he can finish?

Given how nobody will be permitted to step in and finish the series in light of Martin's death, you'd be left to endlessly speculate over what could have been.

Oh dear, what a bleak perspective. If only GRRM sold the rights to make a TV series based on the books, and revealed the most important points to the showrunners, at least that "endless speculation" bit wouldn't be true. Alas, no dice.

This thread will be locked in a minute, you can't talk about GRRM in that way.

There was no malice intended I was just speculating about the chance of the series being unfinished. I would never wish any ill will towards Mr Martin. I have no history of inflammatory remarks and this was not an attempt to change that.

There was no malice intended I was just speculating about the chance of the series being unfinished. I would never wish any ill will towards Mr Martin. I have no history of inflammatory remarks and this was not an attempt to change that.

Maybe, but asking "would you prefer him to die before finishing the books" is still a little impolite.

Doesn't GRRM have pretty bad diabetes? knock on wood he will remain healthy for a very long time, but if he were to pass, who is his "next in command" that he bounces ideas off and fact checks himself on?

Well I know that he sometimes fact checks himself on Elio Garcia (Ran, the King o' the Board), given his extensive knowledge of the ASoIaF, as to the rest, I can't say.

Would you prefer an ending to this series by George R R Martin which infuriates you at how bad it is, or would you prefer no ending to the series at all?

Given how nobody will be permitted to step in and finish the series in light of Martin's death, you'd be left to endlessly speculate over what could have been. Is that preferable to a certain conclusion which you disagree with?

I would like the series finished, exactly as GRRM wanted it finished, finished by GRRM himself. have no preferred ending; I'm trusting GRRM as a writer.

If (gods forbid) he dies before finishing, and if it's left to another writer to finish the series, I wouldn't buy the last few books. I'd watch the series, and be done with it.

right, but in the event he is no longer able to write it? does he have someone who knows how he wants it to end and can pick up where he left off?

Nope, no ghostwriter (unless George changes his mind). I decided that I don't mind, though. The show will satiate my need of closure. And reading another writer trying to fill GRRM's shoes will inevitably bring disappointment. So I believe it's for the best that no ghostwriters will be allowed.

Archived