Taena Merrywhether?

Seaworth'sShipmate

It isn't obviously stated in the text, but I get the sense that Taena isn't Cersei's friend at all, despite their naughty slumber parties together.

Im pretty sure she was planted by the Tyrells to spy on her and give false information about Margarey. What really tipped me off is how she constantly demurred and prevaricated whenever the subject of bringing her son to court came up.

She would definitely bring her son to court if she thought Cersei was the strongest "player" and the one it made most sense to suck up to. I do not think that is the case.

Thoughts?

I think that she is a callous woman who is purely out for her own self interest. She claimed that she saw Tyrion drop the poison into Joffrey's drink, which was obviously a lie. In some ways she is a fitting companion for Cersie who is also ruthless and indifferent to others apart from her own family. When Cersie falls into difficulties Taena quickly disappears from the scene, Cersie is no longer of use. We do not have any information from the text that she is working for anyone else apart from herself.

She's definetely not a Tyrell plant, considering how she tells Cersei about the Gardener coin, and how she knew Cersei's plan to frame Margaery in advance and had every opportunity to stop it but didn't

I suspected LF before, but he remarks how annoying it is that Cersei is riding the realm into the ground so fast, helped by Taena

Overall, Varys is the most likely suspect:

- He could have planted the coin as Rugen

- Both Varys and Taena have ties with Myr

- Varys has a long history of employing exilees for his purposes, and the Merryweathers fit that bill

She's definitely not with the tyrells. Maybe they think she is but she would have warned them Margaery was in danger, not help her get arrested.

I think she's either vary's or LF. Probably vary's. The fact that she gets weird when her sons brought up maybe because she just knows he wouldn't be safe in kings landing or he may already be a ward (hostage) somewhere else.

I also believe aurane Waters is a plant. And don't forgot all the little birds that feed Qyburn his info, are actually vary's.

There is also a theory that she could be a plant from Doran. He does have contact with Kings Landing as evidenced by his knowledge of the plot to murder Trystane. I don't remember what link there was between Taena and Doran, but there was something.

There is also a theory that she could be a plant from Doran. He does have contact with Kings Landing as evidenced by his knowledge of the plot to murder Trystane. I don't remember what link there was between Taena and Doran, but there was something.

If she's spying for Doran, she's a terrible spy or she's lying to him. Quentyn and Doran kinda believed the IT could go after him, but they hadn't really pay any attention to Dorne.

Maybe aurane Waters was Doran spy? Maybe that's why he's hanging out in the step stones until the martell/fAegon need him?

Idk if that fits the timeline though, of when aurane left kings Landing and when Doran made that comment about the spy

Taena is on Team Aegon with Varys and Illyrio. Varys planted the Gardener coin so Qyburn would find it. I don't think Qyburn is on Team Aegon but Varys has made good use of him. Taena told Cersei about Olenna's use of the Gardener coins.

I'm on board with the idea that she's one of Varys' or LF's spies, maybe one the Golden Company's "friends in the Reach". For some reason I doubt she's working on her. And she's not working for the Tyrells, because she gets a lot of dirt on Cersei that the Tyrells could use, but doesn't give it to them. She could just a regular social climber trying to win the favor with the royal family, but where's the fun in that? :dunno:

Archived