Acrophobia #11 - Animal Life in Westeros Round Won by Dolorous Gabe

Fragile Bird

The Pod referred to in all blame Pod jokes is not the character Podrick Payne, but the board poster "Padraig". He's been part of the forum for about 15 years and has attended more Con BwB events than just about anyone not named GRRM. In 2007 he was named King of the BwB by acclamation after being nominated by George. He's also one of the kindest and mildest-mannered people I've ever met.

He takes being blamed for just about everything with his customary good humor.

This Westeros Forum history lesson brought to you by Bronn Stone on behalf of Forum Greybeards everywhere. Now get off my lawn and back to Fragile Bird's game.

I blame Pod for having to do this.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to email me at (the first five letters of my username) @blamepod.com.

And yes, that REALLY IS one of my email addresses.

And so it begins. :)

17 great entries! I urge you all to read each entry carefully, because they are all excellent and each and every one deserves consideration. Maybe it was just the luck of the draw of the letters, some people mentioned they were good letters, but I am loving these submissions!

So...just how do you train a dragon?

1. Wizards train incendiary dread lizards stealthily.

2. Wild, tumultuous, irrepressible! Dragon's legendary status!

3. Wise, towering individuals. Dragons learn swiftly.

4. Winged terrors inflame Dornish lords. Surprise!

5. Wean them imaginatively: digestible lady sheep!

6. Wait 'til it's distracted. Lasso snout.

7. With T-bones in dramatically large servings

8. Wildlife threats include dainty lianas, starkly.

9. With thirteen irascible dwarves... Listening, Smaug?

10. Warging!! Training is daunting, link spiritually.

11. Weapons thoroughly ineffective. Dragons love soaring.

12. With Targaryen incantations, dragonbinder lore succeeds.

13. Warging. Taboo, illegal directives... legendary savagery.

14. Write to:- International Dragonian Learning Systems

15. Weary trainers ignite; dauntless lessons succeed.

16. Wyvern "training's" incredibly dangerous. Like... sexually.

17. Winterfell's Tossed Invalid Doubtless Learns Swiftly

1. <Submission #> Best training suggestion

2. <Submission #> Second best training suggestion

3. <Submission #> Third best training suggestion

Deadline for voting is Monday, October 27 at 10:00 pm Toronto time

PS: I trust I have all the entries, and all the correct entries! :P

ROUND 2 Submissions

A Black Cat

Letters: NFLOWLT

A long time ago, so long ago you sometimes think you dreamed it, you were a very spoiled kitten living in the lap of luxury. Then one day awful things happened, and you had to run for your life. For more than 15 years you've lived on the means streets of King's Landing, mainly around the castle complex. Sometimes things were good, because some folks liked you and looked out for you, but a lot of times things were bad, and you had to learn how to become a tough, mean street cat.

What was the worst thing you ever did? Or the best? Or, how did you survive all these years?

Deadline for Round 2 Submissions is Monday, October 27 at 10:00 pm Toronto time.

:D

Thems clever entries.

#1 6. Wait 'til it's distracted. Lasso snout.

#2 10. Warging!! Training is daunting, link spiritually.

#3 14. Write to:- International Dragonian Learning Systems

First: 5. Wean them imaginatively: digestible lady sheep! The Meereenese sure seem to think this is the best approach!

Second: 17. Winterfell's Tossed Invalid Doubtless Learns Swiftly "Winterfell's tossed invalid" Yes! Very creative way to reference Bran and link it to his warging abilities

Third: 15. Weary trainers ignite; dauntless lessons succeed. Nice and straightforward.

HM

9. With thirteen irascible dwarves... Listening, Smaug? If this was a LOTR game, this would probably be the post of the year.

Oh man, you guys. I just had a mental block about this one and my entry is weak. Even with one I think is strong, I barely get points, so I have no shot this time. These are amazing!

Great theme this time FB and good set up. The black cat (Balerion) is going to be tough, but should lead to more super creative entries. Yay!

First: 16 way tie (all entries other than mine)

???Can't do that???

OK

First: 14 Write to:- International Dragonian Learning Systems (brilliant & funny. Well done!!!)

Second: 10. Warging!! Training is daunting, link spiritually. (kudoos to the two entries that used "Warging". This one gets the nod for "linked spiritually" - well done!)

Third: 4. Winged terrors inflame Dornish lords. Surprise! (wicked, wicked! :P )

Hms

#5 - love "digestible sheep" - Pythonesque.

#6 "lasso snout" - :lol:

#8 "dainty lianas, starkly." - I am not sure you have the right theme, but I like it! :lmao:

#9 "With thirteen irascible dwarves... Listening, Smaug?" - **snicker**

Toronto huh.

Since I'm unlikely to win and I hate losing I need someone to blame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA That should work for the whole game.

That's always good for a laugh! Trust me, we've been blamed for worse (I'd like to take a swing at a few US politicians who blame us for everything!)

Oh man, you guys. I just had a mental block about this one and my entry is weak. Even with one I think is strong, I barely get points, so I have no shot this time. These are amazing!

Great theme this time FB and good set up. The black cat (Balerion) is going to be tough, but should lead to more super creative entries. Yay!

First: 16 way tie (all entries other than mine)

???Can't do that???

OK

EVERY entry is excellent! That's why they have to be read very carefully! :cheers:

But, honestly guys, I'm glad I don't have to vote.

And wait until you see some of the entries for the next round already! The standards of writing are fantastic!

Archived