Acrophobia #11 - Animal Life in Westeros Round Won by Dolorous Gabe

Fragile Bird

So just in time for Halloween, a little something different to sink your teeth into. I'm sure you'll all get a grip on those 9 letters and come up with something juicy! :devil:

I didn't read this carefully the first time through . . . nice to see a host who really enjoys her work! :lmao:

Way to go, Woofless! The leader of the pack! :D

I was hoping for a "b" for blood or an "s" for suck at the least. Still I'm doing ok so far. I've got six possible entries and only half of them are terrible.

Now writing from the leech's POV? That is a challenge. With these letters, I'm not seeing that working, at least not without an explanation as to what the leeches are thinking...for context, you know.

Thank you LB.

I want a V for vampire.

Happy All NaNos Eve!

My votes:

1. 3. Skittish, petite, high-strung, fidgety? - Reject! I love that this takes the opposite approach to most of them and talks about what NOT to look for in a horse.

2. 5. Stark prefers Hodor, fleeing residence. Awesome.

3. 6. Strong, patient, helpful, fast, rugged. Direct and to the point.

Honorable mention to 1, because I almost put it in for third place.

First: 12. Stallions please hardened, fearless riders. (well said)

Second: 9. Steadfast, Powerful horse. Forever reliant. (solid entry)

Third: 5. Stark prefers Hodor, fleeing residence. (interesting, different perspective)

hm:

1. Stout, powerful, healthy, fiery Rounsey

First: 2. Saddles placed hastily foil riders Clever, clever, clever. At first glance it looks like advice, recommending that you take your time saddling up your horse... But in context, it's advice to "shop around" and pick the right horse to suit your needs.

Second: 11. Some prefer 'heat.' Fantastic ruse. Also very clever, and keeps it within the ASOIAF universe. Great reference to Loras vs. Mountain.

Third: 5. Stark prefers Hodor, fleeing residence. Love the idea of equating Hodor's role in the story to that of a horse. Also keeps it within the ASOIAF universe, and is a great example of thinking outside the box.

HM:

13. Stranger! Perfect horse for raiding. It was hard not to vote for this one.

Thank you LB.

I want a V for vampire.

Well there are a couple of good letter sequences in there for describing a vampire without having to use the word itself. That's why I became instantly addicted to this game. It's fun trying to piece together a few words to describe common/proper nouns that can't be referenced directly. I never realized how fun (and frustrating) acronym games could be until I joined this forum.

Well there are a couple of good letter sequences in there for describing a vampire without having to use the word itself. That's why I became instantly addicted to this game. It's fun trying to piece together a few words to describe common/proper nouns that can't be referenced directly. I never realized how fun (and frustrating) acronym games could be until I joined this forum.

Great fun isn't it, the occasional frustration is part of what makes it so addictive I think.

Archived