Some of the house sigils are foreshadowing devices

Brynden Blackfish Jr.

Guys, instances where characters intentionally mocked a House sigil (like with Robb and the direwolf or tossing Catelyn in the river) don't count . Ditto for characters who wish to bring about some aspect of their House (Dany and the dragons)

These are actually the most important.

- Theon claims he killed Bran and Rickon, uses Bran's wolf pin.

- Manderly claims he killed Davos, stuffs an onion in random head's mouth on wall.

- Freys claim they killed Catelyn, threw her body in a bloody river.

- Freys claim they killed Robb, sewed a wolf head on his corpse.

What do all these have in common?

- Manderly claims he killed Davos, stuffs an onion in random head's mouth on wall.

Being about as subtle as Gallagher with a sledge hammer?

Guys, instances where characters intentionally mocked a House sigil (like with Robb and the direwolf or tossing Catelyn in the river) don't count . Ditto for characters who wish to bring about some aspect of their House (Dany and the dragons)

Oh, but Cat leapt out of the river... :shocked:

Still would love to know what the heck Brienne of Tarth's sigil means.

That's an easy one.

The arms of House Tarth are:

Quarterly, rose a sun in splendor Or; azure a crescent moon white

The Moon is often used as a feminine symbol; likewise, the Sun is a masculine symbol. The two together symbolize Brienne's androgynous nature.

hmm.... arryn sigil: Lysa Arryn did "fly" through the "moon" door.

One kinda ironic thing I like about the Arryns is that they have a falcon (large predator bird) at their sigil, yet have been almost completely wiped out by the scheming of Littlefinger, who uses a small mockingbird as his personal crest :)

That Bran, Rickon, and and Davos are goners apparently.

The Freys DID kill Robb and Catelyn. We have it in her POV. And the DID throw her body in the river (remember the giant she-wolf that pulled the body out, and Beric's sacrifice?). The fact that Cat was essentially fire-wighted doesn't change that they were killed.

I don't believe they really sewed Grey Wind's head on Robb's body though. That would just be too much, even for Walder.

Stannis' sigil is the stag being practically devoured by the fiery heart, echoing his vision of a king burning with crown of fire

But in sigils that most definitely don't represent a House: the Florent fox, cause none of them is smart in any way

Sam is half Florent. He's smart.

House Blackmont: a vulture with a baby in it's claws.

Considering all the baby swapping/stealing/misplacing/miscarriages plus the mystery of the ToJ and whatever happened at Starfall., I'll just leave this here.

Blackmont is conveniently upriver of Starfall. Vulture's Roost is conveniently close to the ToJ.

House Blackmont: a vulture with a baby in it's claws.

Do you ever just wonder how people in-universe come up with certain sigils. I get that there are wolves in North, a three headed dragon for the Conqueror and his sisters, but a vulture crying off a baby? I would have liked to have been at that meeting.

Do you ever just wonder how people in-universe come up with certain sigils. I get that there are wolves in North, a three headed dragon for the Conqueror and his sisters, but a vulture crying off a baby? I would have liked to have been at that meeting.

The Dornish sigils are generally quite bestial. I think an SSM once attributed it to their long history of wars and other general infighting.

they did throw her in the river after death, so she technically was, a dead fish in the water

But the fish is alive. They all are fishes. :lol:

Whatsoever, the Tully colours are red and blue, which makes more sense as she got her throat cut and she scratched her face with her nails, and then, they threw her into the water.

Sam is half Florent. He's smart.

That's very interesting. Sam is half Florent because of his mother Melessa and the red fox is encircled by lapis lazuli flowers. Blue roses links to Jon Snow through his mother Lyanna. If we add the detail of the white wall and the white field of the coat of arms we get a nice picture. The white in the Florent coat of arms is really ermine: «Ermine in heraldry is a "fur", or varied tincture, consisting of a white background with a pattern of black shapes representing the winter coat of the stoat.» (quote from wikipedia).

Link to The Citadel, House Florent.

Link to the wiki House Florent.

More likely dragons are literally going to bite him in the ass. Stannis getting BBQ'd by a dragon is decent possibility...good catch.

Ha, Melisandre turning against Stannis and sacrificing him for kingsblood to power a ritual when she realizes he ISNT azor ahai is possible as well.

Or, maybe Stannis dies at the battle of winterfell, and they burn his body. that would still fulfill the foreshadowing premise

Ha, Melisandre turning against Stannis and sacrificing him for kingsblood to power a ritual when she realizes he ISNT azor ahai is possible as well.

Or, maybe Stannis dies at the battle of winterfell, and they burn his body. that would still fulfill the foreshadowing premise

He jumps into the fire to save Shireen. Or to prevent her being sacrificed. I could easily see Stannis doing that for his only child.

Archived