War of the three queens

lady jellybean

what if the war of the three queens doesnt involve men fighting but was a war of wits.

1st Queen. The Queen of thrones vows after margery death by the faith and the murder of loras and mace to make cersi pay.

2nd queen cersi she thinks shes smarter than anyone and is determined to stay in charge

3rd Queen. Sansa. She marrys harry (who has an unfortunate boating accident or something along those lines). Now under LF guidance. She begins to take revenge on cersi (for everything) and on lady o (for trying to frame "sansa" for joffs murder). And remember LF has those tapestry's that I believe shows that the starks had a claim to the IT (remember ned saying that roberts claim was stronger). So sansa is a queen.

So you have three queens. no battle no troup movements, just outwitting, out thinking and out playing each other. Would be a great way for sansa to "learn" from LF.

What do you guys think. Could it work or is it just way to early and I havent had enough coffee.

Yeah, with LF behind her Sansa would win. As LF says: 'In the game of thrones, even the humblest pieces can have wills of their own. Sometimes they refuse to make the moves you've planned for them. Mark that well, Alayne. It's a lesson that Cersei Lannister still has yet to learn'

Cersei would definitely lose.

Frankly, with the Tyrell's 100,000 man army, it's kind of difficult to think this through without worrying about troops movements. Team LF & Sansa (and I hope there is no such team in the future) would have to worry about the Tyrells. The forces of the Vale, by themselves, are not going to be enough to counter the power of Highgarden. Which basically leaves to two choices, which are 1) Seek an alliance with the Tyrells, or 2) find other allies to counter the power of Highgarden. As to the first choice, it only works if LF can con "Lord Puff Fish", which is not likely if Olenna Tyrell has anyting to say about the matter. As to the second, who would LF ally with?

Frankly, with the Tyrells 100,000 man army, it's kind of difficult to think this through without worrying about troops movements. Team LF & Sansa (and I hope there is no such team in the future) would have to worry about the Tyrells. The forces of the Vale, by themselves, are not going to be enough to counter the power of Highgarden. Which basically leaves to two choices, which are 1) Seek an alliance with the Tyrells, or 2) find other allies to counter the power of Highgarden. As to the first choice, it only works if LF can con "Lord Puff Fish", which is not likely if Olenna Tyrell has anyting to say about the matter. As to the second, who would LF ally with?

There is no war of three queens. It's purely speculation, and it only gives us an idea of what Littlefinger currently knows rather than acting as foreshadowing. Here's what it tells us:

• Littlefinger knows about the growing conflict between Cersei and Margaery.
  • Littlefinger - like the rest of Westeros - has become aware of Daenerys Targaryen.
  • He most likely believes Dany is on the march, or is at least unaware that she is ruling Meereen indefinitely - remember that news of Dany remaining in Meereen only reaches Volantis/the Golden Company/the Griffs in ADwD, so it's unlikely Littlefinger in the Vale would know.
  • He is unaware of Aegon Targaryen, whose invasion shifts the focus from the queens and back onto the kings.
  • He is unaware of just how fast Cersei's plotting against Margaery is moving.
  • He doesn't account for the power of the High Sparrow (which would be hard to predict because it's a culmination of so many factors).
  • He is likely underestimating both Stannis Baratheon and Euron Greyjoy.

By the end of ADwD, Cersei and Margaery are on trial, Daenerys is in the Dothraki Sea, Aegon has launched his invasion of Westeros, Victarion has arrived in Slaver's Bay with Euron's dragonhorn, Jon Snow has been assassinated at Castle Black, and Stannis has most likely defeated the Boltons in battle. From his "three queens" comment, it's clear that he has not anticipated any of this. I imagine that he will find himself in a somewhat weaker position in TWoW, grasping for opportunities whenever they arise.

No one would ally with LF, but sansa stark? Im sure that the "last stark" could find a couple of people.

Well, I would hope that Sansa would be able to consider the realities of the situation. I mean we're hoping that Sansa becomes a shrewd player, right? If she does, she is going to know that she'll need allies to hold the throne. And who would those allies realistically be? The Riverlands? Nope, they have been devastated by war. The Stormlands? Nope. They are likely to ally with Aegon or the Tyrells or both. Dorne? And why would Dorne back Sansa's grab for power?

The only realistic option here would be for Sansa to marry Aegon. I hope that doesn't happen. I wouldn't want her to be any where near the shit storm that will be the Aegon v. Dany fight. A fight that Dany will likely win.

And besides, I really don't think Sansa would be interested in going back to KL. She wants to go home.

ETA:

And you have to consider the fact that the North doesn't really bring anything to the table right now. I don't think it is capable of mounting any military operation beyond its borders.

There is no war of three queens. It's purely speculation, and it only gives us an idea of what Littlefinger currently knows rather than acting as foreshadowing. Here's what it tells us:

• Littlefinger knows about the growing conflict between Cersei and Margaery.

Littlefinger - like the rest of Westeros - has become aware of Daenerys Targaryen.

He most likely believes Dany is on the march, or is at least unaware that she is ruling Meereen indefinitely - remember that news of Dany remaining in Meereen only reaches Volantis/the Golden Company/the Griffs in ADwD, so it's unlikely Littlefinger in the Vale would know.

He is unaware of Aegon Targaryen, whose invasion shifts the focus from the queens and back onto the kings.

He is unaware of just how fast Cersei's plotting against Margaery is moving.

He doesn't account for the power of the High Sparrow (which would be hard to predict because it's a culmination of so many factors).

He is likely underestimating both Stannis Baratheon and Euron Greyjoy.

By the end of ADwD, Cersei and Margaery are on trial, Daenerys is in the Dothraki Sea, Aegon has launched his invasion of Westeros, Victarion has arrived in Slaver's Bay with Euron's dragonhorn, Jon Snow has been assassinated at Castle Black, and Stannis has most likely defeated the Boltons in battle. From his "three queens" comment, it's clear that he has not anticipated any of this. I imagine that he will find himself in a somewhat weaker position in TWoW, grasping for opportunities whenever they arise.

in hindsight LF speech shows us one thing: how out of touch with reality LF is.

Frankly, with the Tyrell's 100,000 man army, it's kind of difficult to think this through without worrying about troops movements. Team LF & Sansa (and I hope there is no such team in the future) would have to worry about the Tyrells. The forces of the Vale, by themselves, are not going to be enough to counter the power of Highgarden. Which basically leaves to two choices, which are 1) Seek an alliance with the Tyrells, or 2) find other allies to counter the power of Highgarden. As to the first choice, it only works if LF can con "Lord Puff Fish", which is not likely if Olenna Tyrell has anyting to say about the matter. As to the second, who would LF ally with?

The Tyrell army might be a little busy for a while dealing with the Ironmen and/or fAegon, however.

in hindsight LF speech shows us one thing: how out of touch with reality LF is.

Well, I think it shows that LF was right in saying that even the humblest pieces have a will of their own. I think LF was implying a war between Dany, coming to Westeros with dragons and an army, Margaery with her father's huge army and Cersei.

what if the war of the three queens doesnt involve men fighting but was a war of wits.

1st Queen. The Queen of thrones vows after margery death by the faith and the murder of loras and mace to make cersi pay.

2nd queen cersi she thinks shes smarter than anyone and is determined to stay in charge

3rd Queen. Sansa. She marrys harry (who has an unfortunate boating accident or something along those lines). Now under LF guidance. She begins to take revenge on cersi (for everything) and on lady o (for trying to frame "sansa" for joffs murder). And remember LF has those tapestry's that I believe shows that the starks had a claim to the IT (remember ned saying that roberts claim was stronger). So sansa is a queen.

So you have three queens. no battle no troup movements, just outwitting, out thinking and out playing each other. Would be a great way for sansa to "learn" from LF.

What do you guys think. Could it work or is it just way to early and I havent had enough coffee.

Problem is that if looking at claims to the throne using Targaryen ancestry, Stannis still has a much better claim than Sansa could ever have, not to mention Dany and fAegon (if , who has already landed in Westeros and made his move. The game is not moving as LF planned so I don't think a "war of 3 queens" is possible anymore.

That would come down to Olenna vs LF vs Varys, who controls Cersei whether she knows it or not. I've no clue who'd win. An intelligent ten year old could outwit Cersei at this point, so Cersei, alone, doesn't pose a challenge.

Sansa is not going to marry Harry. LF doesn't intend for her to do so. He never tells what his actual plan is.

Between Olenna and Cersei, Olenna will win in the long run. Margaery will die, and Olenna will take Tommen in return. Myrcella will find out that the reason Tommen was killed was because Cersei set Margaery up and throw her out of power. Thus Olenna wins.

The third queen of LF's "three queens" is subject to debate. Sansa isn't one yet, but Margaery technically is, Myrcella shortly could be, and there's always Dany lurking in the background. If Sansa IS the third queen, it's either as Aegon's potential wife or as Queen in the North and the Vale (and possibly the Riverlands). Technically she doesn't need a husband, and she'll get far more sympathy support as the poor orphaned Stark girl who was so abused by the Lannisters.

I think the people who are saying that the war LF references is between Dany Margery and Cersei are forgetting that LF knows he cannot inspire and lead an army, so ruling from the shadows behind Sansa is really the best he can hope for. Sansa can easily get the support of the Riverlords if she comes in from the Vale with troops. There is also the fact that Cersei has no real troops of her own, she has maybe a few hundred that were the Mountains men and that Kevin would have brought back to KL with him.

Whoever Aegon marries could be considered 1 of the queens, could be Myrcella, could be Arianne.

My problem with including Danaerys in the list is that LF seems to smart to bet against the 1 person who's Targ identity cannot be disputed, and who has 3 dragons.

Well, I would hope that Sansa would be able to consider the realities of the situation. I mean we're hoping that Sansa becomes a shrewd player, right? If she does, she is going to know that she'll need allies to hold the throne. And who would those allies realistically be? The Riverlands? Nope, they have been devastated by war. The Stormlands? Nope. They are likely to ally with Aegon or the Tyrells or both. Dorne? And why would Dorne back Sansa's grab for power?

And you have to consider the fact that the North doesn't really bring anything to the table right now. I don't think it is capable of mounting any military operation beyond its borders.

The Riverlords still have a large part of their strength. So does the North. Maybe up to 100,000 men lumped together. Add the Vale and you are looking at the most powerful faction.

The Riverlords still have a large part of their strength. So does the North. Maybe up to 100,000 men lumped together. Add the Vale and you are looking at the most powerful faction.

This. I think underestimating LF is a mistake. LF's plan could be to consolidate the Riverlands with the Vale, start a diplomatic move for the North via Sansa, who is the true Stark heir. He could then play Switzerland (mountainous Vale reminds me of Switzerland) or join Stannis and the Iron Bank as they head south. He's in a strong position, whatever he decides to do.

EDIT: Of course, he doesn't know about the white walkers, but no one else south of the wall seems to know, either.

How many 100 000s of men do you think that the Reach and Westerlands can field? I'd say that maybe 300 000 all in all. Possibly 400 000 if they really scape the bottom.

Just because there are women who will be the main players don't mean that swords won't be used. Look at the Dance. Both Rhaenyra and Alicent were important yet there's no question as to the fact that the war was fought with swords and not wits. And then look at how Daenerys has so far ruled, she will used loads of swords to reach her end. Just like anyone else in her position would.

Archived