The Affair

Veltigar

The acting on the Wire was as good as anything ever shown on television. I just found the overall show to be slow paced to the point that I found myself bored. I also hit a wall when the writing went into the stereotypical representation of Unions in season 2,

acting is generally only as good as writing. the reason the wire has so many amazing performances directly correlates to the quality of the scripts.

acting is generally only as good as writing. the reason the wire has so many amazing performances directly correlates to the quality of the scripts.

It only works one way though. Good writing encourages good acting, but I think a really bad actor can ruin even the best script. Great actor can't do much if the script is crap of course.

Thankfully in the case of The Affair we don't have to worry about the script nor the acting.

I thought this was a pretty boring episode. Noah's perspective was slightly better, and more entertaining. Alison's was just a drag to watch.

The last two episodes should be good, though.

I did gain some respect for Bruce when he answered Noah's question honestly about the girl.

As soon as Whitney came out that she was pregnant, the whole Scott being murdered enigma made sense.

I always wondered what happened when Noah left that party after seeing them two together.

Noah had too much booty on his mind to see that his daughter was about to get screwed by a dude almost twice her age.

I wonder if it was the writers' intent to make Noah as unsympathetic a character as he comes off to be.

Sleazy, dishonest, immature, negligent, etc.

Well, that really depends on the perspective that you are watching it from... What I find so fascinating is that these characters are vastly different people inside of their own heads.

I really wish that this would have gone on a little longer. It is hard to see now how everything will be wrapped up in only one episode.

Well, that really depends on the perspective that you are watching it from... What I find so fascinating is that these characters are vastly different people inside of their own heads.

I really wish that this would have gone on a little longer. It is hard to see now how everything will be wrapped up in only one episode.

But in this episode Noah looks sleazy, dishonest, immature, negligent, etc, on his own head.

But there is going to be a second season, right? So probably not all must be wrapped up here. I wonder if we even see what really happened to Scotty.

But I agree, Noah's actions in the last episode were kinda dumb.

But there is going to be a second season, right? So probably not all must be wrapped up here. I wonder if we even see what really happened to Scotty.

But I agree, Noah's actions in the last episode were kinda dumb.

This was the first I heard of it... Wow... What a terrible idea to have a second season. I could see another couple of episodes to wrap, but a whole season seems like a lot

Yeah, I was suprised they're doing a second season.

I haven't seen the details yet, but an anthology format would make more sense. New characters, new setting.

Showtime is notorious for having shows start strong, and then quickly go downhill. I can't see how a another season with these characters would really work.

Yeah, I was suprised they're doing a second season.

I haven't seen the details yet, but an anthology format would make more sense. New characters, new setting.

Showtime is notorious for having shows start strong, and then quickly go downhill. I can't see how a another season with these characters would really work.

Agreed. I'm concerned how they're gonna wrap up this last episode. Seems like a lot of stuff to fit in 60 minutes.

What a terrible idea to have a second season. I could see another couple of episodes to wrap, but a whole season seems like a lot

It's Showtime after all. Have you ever seen them finish the series after just one season, if it has a good publicity?

I think it would not be a bad idea to take a True Detective path, choosing a new setting and new characters at all. Perhaps Noah and Alison might show up at some point as secondary characters, it would be interesting to learn how they're doing in such form.

I'm still really liking Shameless at least.

And The Knick was pretty great. It could have long term success hopefully.

Without looking up all of the shows they've made, I think those are their only two shows that wouldn't work better with a limited shelf life (and Dead Like Me - that was ShowTime right - but it only has two seasons anyways).

I just watched the first episode, so I haven't read the thread for fear of spoilers. I just want to know if the first episode is indicative of the rest of the season. I've heard great things about this show, but I thought the first ep was really boring.

Archived