Jorah Mormont. The Night's Watch man.

Poppa Chase

When the old bear died, he had but one request of the cowardly steward. To tell his son Jorah to take the black in his place.

My question is, do you think this will ever happen? Cause I personally never liked Jorah, but if he did this I would like him.

Related entirely, does he know his dad is dead? And whenever could Sam deliver the message to him? Cause at least that part would be cool.

Hell, he wouldn't be the worst guy to be the sent to the wall lately, so why not? Personally I'm not that impressed with the guy - bit of an asshole, and prone to treachery as well.

He can freeze at the end of the world until the end of his days for all I care, sure.

I feel for Jorrah. One of those guys who never learned to say no to a girl. Big tough guy thats just a big softy inside.

I hope he takes over one of the sellsword companies.

I am doubting the NW will still exist by the end of the story and Sam is the only person who knows LC Mormonts dying wish.

If Jorah came to the wall, would Jon be obligated to give him Long Claw?

• 2 weeks later...

If Jorah came to the wall, would Jon be obligated to give him Long Claw?

Jon has no obligation to give Longclaw to Jorah since Jorah gave up the sword when he left. Of course, if Jon decides to give Longclaw to Jorah out of kindness, then he's free to do so.

If Jorah doesn't give his life to Daenerys and somehow gains some measure of her favor back, he might not see any worth in dropping everything to spend the rest of his life in his native country in such an isolated place as the Wall when he could be by his khaleesi. Like others have said here, there probably won't be much of a Night's Watch left by the time they get back to Westeros anyway.

Jon has no obligation to give Longclaw to Jorah since Jorah gave up the sword when he left. Of course, if Jon decides to give Longclaw to Jorah out of kindness, then he's free to do so.

Yeah, it would be an awkward situation. Jon may well give it to Jorah if their paths crossed as it was his family's blade and family legacy seems important to Jon. Of course it's equally likely Jorah gets stubborn, demands it and ruins that because he says the wrong thing, like he did with Dany when she found out he'd been spying. I feel for the guy, unrequited love, bad choices with the best of intentions and some hard luck, but sometimes he does do it to himself.

Archived