If you are a fan of Arya...

Whitering

I kind of feel sad I wasn't here for the whole Stanek debacle. I was here for Bec Dixon and her sock puppet which was disappointing.

In all honesty is sock puppetry really that much of a problem here?

And I also thought the hype for these books sounded as though a publicist wrote it. Won't stop me looking them up though cause I need something new to read after City of Stairs.

Answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ

I expect that she is right in the sweet spot for this book's target audience.

There does not appear to be a sweet spot. Most of the posters on the fan site are over 30, 40 or even 50 years old. I am 39 now, and it's the parents of kids I've recommended it to I've heard back from about how much they liked it. No doubt kids will enjoy it if they like mystery, but the turn of phrase, prose and excellence of the writing are something that will be enjoyed by anyone with an appreciation for such.

I picked up the book and read two thirds of it, and it is a sharp little book.

The language is a little more twee than even the most home counties Englishman/woman I know used, but it has a nice, consistent tone so far throughout.

If this was the author's first work, it is very impressive, and I would recommend it. It tickles the same part of the brain that Alexander McCall Smith books work on.

Hey, as long as you're not pretending to be a reader who just discovered OMG THE BEST BOOK EVAR you can promote the shit out of your own stuff. Hell, I tend to at least give every author that posts here a shot, just for posting here. :P

Edit: Who's Bec Dixon?

In that case, here you go. My first published work.

http://www.amazon.com/Shattered-Prophecy-David-Standeven-ebook/dp/B00OWA37JK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414467636&sr=8-1&keywords=the+shattered+prophecy

The author is me, I am not hiding anything. If you do not like it then... I guess you could always subject me to the Yeard's namble cock (Please don't, LOL). :leaving:

I guess I'd understand if I was a new poster, but I have close to 1500 posts since we moved to this board, and I've been around since before ezboard...so, you know, but I don't hang out down here.

We can see your user number, you know.

http://www.amazon.com/Shattered-Prophecy-David-Standeven-ebook/dp/B00OWA37JK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414467636&sr=8-1&keywords=the+shattered+prophecy

The author is me, I am not hiding anything. If you do not like it then... I guess you could always subject me to the Yeard's namble cock (Please don't, LOL). :leaving:

First thought: this looks interesting :thumbsup:

but then I discovered this...

Book Description

The prelude novella to a brand new epic fantasy series.

First book of the series ...

oh noo... not again .... :bawl:

Anyway. I'll wait for the paperback. Good luck :)

First thought: this looks interesting :thumbsup:

but then I discovered this...

First book of the series ...

oh noo... not again .... :bawl:

Anyway. I'll wait for the paperback. Good luck :)

Thanks!

:lmao: It's only going to be four books. One novella and three novels... I'm trying to follow Abercrombie or Sanderson's example, not Farland or Jordan's :hat:

Edit: Just finished approving the paperback version. This is the timeline of availability.

• CreateSpace eStore: Immediately

• Amazon.com: 3-5 Business Days

Amazon Europe: 3-5 Business Days

Expanded Distribution channels: 6-8 Weeks

We can see your user number, you know.

And...? You don't believe me or something? I am sure you would be able to find archived posts, but as the boards moved I was required to re register at one point or another.

Congratulations, and I guess here is where I would ask you, and actually suggest that you start your own thread and you know, not derail this one.

Congratulations, and I guess here is where I would ask you, and actually suggest that you start your own thread and you know, not derail this one.

Absolutely. Last mention of it on this thread. I'll probably start a new thread for my book once the paperback is out.

Now, back on topic. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie seems to have pretty favorable reviews... adding it to my extensive "need to read" list.

Archived