Talisa Maegyr.

Ulthosian Stark

So in GOT Robb's wife is named Talisa Maegyr, a noblewoman of Volantis. She does mention being nobility, so she should have some relation to Triarch Maegyr, one of the current triarchs of Volantis.

He also happens to be a Triarch of the Tiger party, the war like sect of Volantene politics. So we have his potential relation Talisa being stabbed to death in the RW. Of course it would take a while for this news to reach him, as its not like the Freys would realize who she was or want to notify her potentially powerful family of her murder.

Can we expect some sort of blowback for the RW from Volantis then? It could be that instead of attacking show!Dany they might ally with her against a common enemy... The Lannisters.

It could also be how Dany loses her conviction for House Stark, seeing as they got shit on pretty hard as it is and the only member who had anything to do with the Rebellion is already dead.

Hell she might draw some parallels to herself, they both got shit on by the ruling power in Westeros, both houses are nearly destroyed through treachery etc

Thoughts? Discuss!

I have to say I like the idea brought up in an other thread.

Talisa's family is one of the main family's in Volantis and in the book they're sending a fleet to Meereen to defeat Dany and put an end to her freeing slaves. However, I think that the slaves manning the oars will rebel and take over the ships once they've arrived in Meereen.

I'm inclined to think that to tie the show to the book, Talisa's family will send their fleet to Meereen, offering her the boats and slaves manning the oars to assist her taking Westeros. In that way they help Dany move her army away from Essos and avenge their daughters death.

Well Robb's romance with Jeyne was pretty much told through exposition in the book. I guess the viewer is supposed to be more sympathetic with Robb's infideltiy for the hot healer than him breaking down in front of an enemy lord's daughter. I personally liked having to imagine how it went down then be told play by play. The way the "romance" played out to me on the show was Robb was just horny that he recklessly endangered his entire nation.

I have to say I like the idea brought up in an other thread.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I almost feel like its a cop out on D&D's part haha. This resolves the whole situation of "oh shit everyone between here and there wants me dead" thing. Hell Volantis may even help against Yunkai in the show. That would cut the Iron Borns need to be there down significantly. I am interested to see how they do the whole Horn(s) thing.

Archived