Ranking the seasons

Dragon in the North

I know I'm probably in the minority, but for me, it's:

1. 4

2. 2

3. 1

4. 3

I put number three last because I believe it was more heavily padded than season 4. Tyrion got too much screen time, Theon's torture scenes, and I felt like Robb's story moved incredibly slow towards the Red Wedding. And, of course, there was Pod's "magic penis". Enough said. But that's just me. What do you think?

When i rewatched the first three seasons, I liked season 2 the least. I agree that it had quite a lot of subpar episodes, plus I love the House of the Undying chapters in the book, and hated what they did with it on the show. Season 1 was the most faithful to the book, plus it had Ned and Robert Baratheon, I liked the interactions between these two characters quite a lot and the actors did a great job. Also I felt that Dany's storyline was only really interesting in the first season, Emilia Clarke was quite good as S1 Dany, as was the actor portraying Viserys.

1. 4 - Absolutely awesome. From start to finish, the most entertaining season.

2. 1 - Started off a bit slow, but once it got going, it was unstoppable.

3. 3 - Had some pacing problems, but still had some great moments.

4. 2 - Probably the most uneven season, but Blackwater made up for it.

Just curious, have you read the books? I only ask because S1 was the only faithful adaptation we've got so far, so I'm surprised to see someone rank it last.

Yes, I have read the books. I know S1 was most faithful, but that doesn't mean it's that good (in my opinion at least). I don't dislike S1. I like it quite a bit, but I'm of the belief that the show got better each season (Season 4 broke that pattern, but that's a matter for another time). The reason why S1 is the lowest is mostly because of the limitations they had.

Just curious, have you read the books? I only ask because S1 was the only faithful adaptation we've got so far, so I'm surprised to see someone rank it last.

...not sure why a season has to be 'faithful' to be well liked, tbh. It could be the most unfaithful but really awesome, and it could be the most faithful and suck.

Archived