If Rickon is in Skagos, which house do you think might be sheltering him?

Taenqyrhae

There are apparently three noble houses in Skagos that, at least in theory, owe fealty to Winterfell. There is House Crowl of Deepdown, who apparently rule from a cavern, House Magnar of Kingshouse, who we know nothing about except their sigil (a green lobster on a white background holding a black harpoon), and House Stane of Driftwood Hall, whose sigil is a driftwood tree on a green background. Even if Rickon is not with one of these houses, Davos is probably going to encounter at least one of them. The only information revealed has been the sigils and the fact that Deepdown is in a cavern, but I find that last bit interesting considering where Bran is now, and how little we know of Skagos. If CotF fill a fantasy role similar to elves, could Rickon be hanging out with some of the Westerosi version of mountain dwarves?

House Magnar of Kingshouse,

Given the name possibly some connection to the Thenn wildlings? As their leader is called the Magnar, interestingly there is the naming convention amongst the Northern mountain clan of the chieftains being referred as 'The House Name' (eg The Wull, The Norrey, etc). Magnar also means lord in the the Old tongue of the First Men.

I have the feeling that Rickon is already being looked upon for who and what he is in their view, the heir to the North and therefore is in a place of honor. I think Rickon will have a small but fierce host that will come back to mainland with him = 3-6k possibly. Little boys with monsterous direwolves as loyal pets tend to command respect, even to cannibals.

I'll take a wild guess and say all of them.

If I have to choose just one, I'll go with House Crowl because of their arms. Black and red. Targ colors. If they have any interested in what goes on on the mainland they will be anti-Lannister which at this point means pro-Stark and pro-Targ.

I can almost imagine Osha and Rickon getting there and the people of the island being like "What war? Ned's kicking their butts though, right?"

since house magnar is the paramount house I assume he's with them.

and, definitely, the house name magnar must come from the fact that magnar means "lord" in the old tongue. that could mean nothing - just that the name derives from the title, merely a linguistic connection - or it could suggest some historical connection between the skagosi and the thenns. my guess is that in (woiaf) reality it's the former, but that when the lord of house magnar hears there's a magnar of thenn at karhold they may get together and this may support their considering themselves natural allies.

there's been lot's of speculation that Rickon, shaggy dog, and Davos show up just before/during/just after the battle of the ice, with a force of Skagosi. I'd love it if it was a force of skagosi and thenns from karhold. My guess/hope/prediction is that Rickon et al show up at some critical moment in the battle and turn the tide. the aftermath will be that rickon is proclaimed some kind of King in the North, and Stannis is again embittered, and this becomes a major plot turning point in whatever happens to stannis.

some speculate stannis is destined to be the night's king/ally with the others, or in some other related sense become a/the bad guy. I'm more inclined to think (and this isn't inconsistent with the preceding theory, just a matter of degree as to how "bad" stannis becomes) that he'll just get killed after going over the edge mentally and doing some foolish and reckless things, due to bitterness and resentment at having been treated so shabbily and with no gratitude for all he's done and despite being in his mind the rightful king.

I have the feeling that Rickon is already being looked upon for who and what he is in their view, the heir to the North and therefore is in a place of honor. I think Rickon will have a small but fierce host that will come back to mainland with him = 3-6k possibly. Little boys with monsterous direwolves as loyal pets tend to command respect, even to cannibals.

:agree:

I'll take a wild guess and say all of them.

If I have to choose just one, I'll go with House Crowl because of their arms. Black and red. Targ colors. If they have any interested in what goes on on the mainland they will be anti-Lannister which at this point means pro-Stark and pro-Targ.

I can almost imagine Osha and Rickon getting there and the people of the island being like "What war? Ned's kicking their butts though, right?"

Why the hell would the Skagosi be pro-Targ , House Crowl is far older then the Targs . :bang:

Not pro-Targ so much as anti-Lannister. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Something like that. You know, LIKE I SAID IN THE POST YOU QUOTED. :bang: right back

Yea like The Skagosi give a fuck about Lannisters , they have much bigger problems because The Others are coming .

Yea like The Skagosi give a fuck about Lannisters , they have much bigger problems because The Others are coming .

The Skagosi will to quote you "give a fuck" about the fact that House Stark has been all but destroyed. What are the words of House Stark again? Winter is Coming! Without the Starks, chances of beating the Others are very much diminished.

And, remind me when we've gotten a Skagosi POV fretting about the Others bothering them? Skagos is an island. The Others so far have not crossed any bodies of water that aren't frozen.

Not pro-Targ so much as anti-Lannister. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Something like that. You know, LIKE I SAID IN THE POST YOU QUOTED. :bang: right back

All three of the Skagosi houses are listed on the wiki as being under House Bolton instead of House Stark. This got me wondering if there's a twist or catch to bringing Rickon back to Winterfell and how much they know of the Bolton/Lannister alliance. They could have eyes and ears south of the Wall but not much is known about them beyond a similarity to House Thenn.

There are apparently three noble houses in Skagos that, at least in theory, owe fealty to Winterfell. There is House Crowl of Deepdown, who apparently rule from a cavern, House Magnar of Kingshouse, who we know nothing about except their sigil (a green lobster on a white background holding a black harpoon), and House Stane of Driftwood Hall, whose sigil is a driftwood tree on a green background. Even if Rickon is not with one of these houses, Davos is probably going to encounter at least one of them. The only information revealed has been the sigils and the fact that Deepdown is in a cavern, but I find that last bit interesting considering where Bran is now, and how little we know of Skagos. If CotF fill a fantasy role similar to elves, could Rickon be hanging out with some of the Westerosi version of mountain dwarves?

Tyrion is GRRM's version of mountain dwarves...

Casterly Rock is inside a mountain

Lannisters have lots of gold

Tyrion is a dwarf

Not sure where this assumption that Skagos has just been biding it's time looking for a mainlander to follow into war. I assume they have their own internal conflicts and priorities and Rickon would probably be best advised to keep a low profile. If Martin has him 'leading' anything, that might be jumping the direwolf.

Archived