Bran Stark won't appear in season 5 (confirmed)

Brandon the Wise

I'd rather have the other characters catch up to their book material first than to have Bran be out of sinc with everyone else, especially given that he's not going anywhere. I'm fine with Bran not showing up this year because there are so many other plotlines to consider.

There is a problem with the timelines matching up, just look at Arya in the last 2 seasons. They cut out a lot of Brotherhood material, Edric Dayne, High Heart, Acorn Hall to get to the Red Wedding in time and then last year gave her nothing to do but sass Sandor for 10 episodes.

Bran is our only hope for relevant back story though. 'Promise me Ned'

There is a problem with the timelines matching up, just look at Arya in the last 2 seasons. They cut out a lot of Brotherhood material, Edric Dayne, High Heart, Acorn Hall to get to the Red Wedding in time and then last year gave her nothing to do but sass Sandor for 10 episodes.

Bran is our only hope for relevant back story though. 'Promise me Ned'

I don't think he is our 'only' hope. These are professional writers. They can certainly find a way to work backstory in once it's needed.

We have Melisandre at the Wall, for example. She can see things in her fires, as well.

I don't think he is our 'only' hope. These are professional writers. They can certainly find a way to work backstory in once it's needed.

We have Melisandre at the Wall, for example. She can see things in her fires, as well.

Professional writer doesn't necessarily mean good writer. Seems right now they have a plan of telling and not showing. What works better, Howland Reed showing up and dictating what he saw or Ned seeing it and feeling it in his dream? Mel's visions are blurry and unreliable and she doesn't tend to get things about the past, more about the future.

If they were going to keep Bran out of this season, they should have had him reach Bloodraven earlier last season so that the storyline wasn't left on such a weird cliffhanger. Does anyone who hasn't read the books even know what was going on??

If you mean about BR, they don't. I've had to explain to my friends a bit of his background. But yes, some have realised he's the 3 eyed raven.

Now, if you ask me, I am very doubtful that they will even develop him. He's going to be just some wizard guy.

If you mean about BR, they don't. I've had to explain to my friends a bit of his background. But yes, some have realised he's the 3 eyed raven.

Now, if you ask me, I am very doubtful that they will even develop him. He's going to be just some wizard guy.

Yeah that's my fear - it would be too contrived to explain the history of Bloodraven and the children of the forest in season 6. Most likely they'll just move on with the story and not really explore the mythology or history of the characters.

Professional writer doesn't necessarily mean good writer. Seems right now they have a plan of telling and not showing. What works better, Howland Reed showing up and dictating what he saw or Ned seeing it and feeling it in his dream? Mel's visions are blurry and unreliable and she doesn't tend to get things about the past, more about the future.

No, it doesn't. But in this case, they are most definitely both.

But you are jumping to conclusions, in any case- especially since we:

1. Don't know how season 5 will play out

2. Don't know how the story after season 5 plays out at all

3. Don't know what is actually relevant to the tv story at this point

So I'm not about to say "They've ruined their only chance to tell us backstory!" when I'm not even sure what backstory is absolutely necessary to the plot at this point. I'm also not about to declare Bran our ONLY means of backstory, since they are very definitely going to start using flashbacks this season. And as I said before, we have other people, like Melisandre, who can see things and fill in gaps if necessary. If the story DOES somehow introduce Aegon, then I'm positive that will be a huge source of information.

Basically, I can see many, many ways this works out if the need arises before Bran is featured again. I think it's utterly premature to make any declarations at this point.

i just thought of something...the unsullied don't even know that he is going through a training period? LOL they'll be so confused when season 6 rolls around. They should have had an establishing scene (like Brans last ADWD chapter) that only took a few minutes of 2 episodes to establish what he's actually going to be doing in the time we don't see him.

i just thought of something...the unsullied don't even know that he is going through a training period? LOL they'll be so confused when season 6 rolls around. They should have had an establishing scene (like Brans last ADWD chapter) that only took a few minutes of 2 episodes to establish what he's actually going to be doing in the time we don't see him.

Sounds like they're dropping him from season 5 where I'm assuming he'll undergo his training off-screen. Roll on season 6 and unsullied will be confused lol

Keeping Bran out of sight for a year doesn't mean we won't be hearing from him. If they ever want to introduce Jon's warg-ness, now would be the time. He could have dreams with the ww tree speaking to him, opening his third eye, whatever. Having clues that the ww tree is watching over Jon. They won't need Bran to do that.

That being said, I'm not sure it will happen, I honestly doubt Jon will become a warg in the show, he will be quite busy this year (if he will end up stabbed at the end of next season) without that anyway.

Apparently it's too hard to film scenes that explain who Bloodraven is, who are the Children, why the fuck Bran was chosen, and what they're planning for him and in the end of the season show what Bran has learned as a cliffhanger.

But that's a shame.

Or maybe all of that is too spoilerish at this point which is why they need to push it off :P

Or maybe all of that is too spoilerish at this point which is why they need to push it off :P

There are too many ways to show it without being spoilerish, just explaining who those people (Bloodraven and the Children) are, why they're important and then 'But first you have a lot to learn' kind of thing.

There are too many ways to show it without being spoilerish, just explaining who those people (Bloodraven and the Children) are, why they're important and then 'But first you have a lot to learn' kind of thing.

I'm simply pointing out that there are many reasons for their decision. I honestly don't see the big deal, in the end. Bran will still do whatever he's going to do.

Archived