Did the Frey deserve to be cooked into pies?

Seaworth'sShipmate

No. No human does deserve that.

Was it necessary to cook them into pies? Yes, because their punishment needs to outstrip anybody else's and Westeros has already some very harsh punishments.

Yes, they tasted good. Lord Manderly didn't skimp on good cooks and cooking materials for them. The test eaters liked it. They most probably tasted like pork, that's extremely close to human flesh.

Yes, for their attitude even more than the RW itself. If they had been respectful in White Harbor, showing Lord Manderly every courtesy and deference, then maybe a quick clean death and burial would be more appropriate.

But after sitting through their arrogant, insulting, self-congratulatory "werewolf-killer" bullshit I would have force-fed them their own tongues.

Bunch of prudes in here..... :P

I know, right? Especially because the Freys would have likely delivered Manderly and his family to the Dreadfort to be flayed if they had discovered some whiff of treason

That said, I can't believe Manderly actually ate them. Freys probably taste like...treachery and dead weasels

It is totally a statement for the readers. And of course an allusion to Titus Andronicus, the Shakespeare play.

For every terrible deed that happened to the Northern families at the RW. The leading family (their Starks) and their own, with being tricked, ambushed, and losing members, and guest right being thrown away. It is a message of revenge and for the future. For us, no one knows it…yet, in the book.

That there are people out there in the North willing to be just as treacherous and balls to the wall as the Freys were. We know other crap is going down too.

Also, another facet to Manderly. He came off as genial, jovial, and that he loves his food and feasts. But to not underestimate him. He can plot and plan to and strike like a snake before you even realize it. Even his plan with sneaking out Davos.

Bunch of prudes in here..... :P

It's gross and my moral side doesn't think so but the side that hates all things Frey loves the hell out of the fact that they were cooked into pies and served to their kin lol.

I know, right? Especially because the Freys would have likely delivered Manderly and his family to the Dreadfort to be flayed if they had discovered some whiff of treason

That said, I can't believe Manderly actually ate them. Freys probably taste like...treachery and dead weasels

What they did at the RW was twisted, AND their justification of it, so I'm thinking any punishment dealed out to any Frey is fair play.

But at the same time the Freys are human beings. Being cooked into pies is no fate that a human being deserves.

Yes they did. The Red Wedding broke one of Westeros' most sacred rules apart from being totally horrible on it's own already.

Of course you could always say 'no one ever deserves something like that', well they were already dead when put into the pies, so they don't really mind do they? If Manderly had just hanged them no one would have blinked.

Also as to what it would taste like, human meat is apparently quite tasty and similar to pork.

Yes they did. The Red Wedding broke one of Westeros' most sacred rules apart from being totally horrible on it's own already.

Of course you could always say 'no one ever deserves something like that', well they were already dead when put into the pies, so they don't really mind do they? If Manderly had just hanged them no one would have blinked.

Also as to what it would taste like, human meat is apparently quite tasty and similar to pork.

If you use the justification of "they were already dead when it happened" Robbwind would be totally okay since Robb was already dead. After all it's not like he can see what his body's like. Desecrating corpses is disgusting behavior, too.

Love the human rights advocates in this thread. "No human deserves that" "The Freys are people too"... When you stoop to the level of treachery the Freys have, you forfeit the right to be treated like a regular person. Cutting the head off of a man and his wolf and sewing one on the other then parading them around... yeah, the fuckers got what was coming to them.

If you use the justification of "they were already dead when it happened" Robbwind would be totally okay since Robb was already dead. After all it's not like he can see what his body's like. Desecrating corpses is disgusting behavior, too.

Well in my own humble opinion having a wolf's head sewed onto your body and be mockingly displayed for everyone to laugh at is FAR WORSE than just being eaten.

Love the human rights advocates in this thread. "No human deserves that" "The Freys are people too"... When you stoop to the level of treachery the Freys have, you forfeit the right to be treated like a regular person. Cutting the head off of a man and his wolf and sewing one on the other then parading them around... yeah, the fuckers got what was coming to them.

Then how come prisoners aren't put into Middle Ages style prisons? Nobody forfeits the right to be treated like a human being. That right is given to them since the moment of their birth and no other human being can take that away.

Well in my own humble opinion having a wolf's head sewed onto your body and be mockingly displayed for everyone to laugh at is FAR WORSE than just being eaten.

I'm not arguing which fate is worse. I'm arguing that any kind of desecration of corpses is disgusting behavior and frankly I find the eye for an eye attitude that Manderly had abhorrent.

Remember too. Very gruesome, but no bodies could show up. Even buried. They could be dug up or discovered at any time. Or then Manderly was toast. It would have given it away.

Guess he trusts his…uh, personal chefs. Now for the rest that didn't go into the pies. Ick...

I definitely don't have any issues with the three Frey men being killed, not sure how I feel about the wifes and servants - whom I assume also got killed.

As for being cocked into a pie; they were already dead, don't see why it should bother them. Think it was more meant to be an insult/revenge on the Boltons and Freys at Winterfell who are them.. So a better question is maybe if the Bolton/Freys deserved to be fed human flesh...and that is a yes from me!

Archived