Theories, Identities, Conspiracies - Which do you hope are(n't) true? Why?

Ser Cold Fingers

We've discussed just about every mystery, theory, conspiracy or true identity that could be conjured up. Some people can very passionate defending or refuting these.

Which of these do you hope are true...or are not true? Why?

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about...but by no means are you limited to just these. If you have your own theory, conspiracy or identity that you want to discuss...please state the specific topic and discuss.

Conspiracies

Varys-Illyrio

Grand Tyrell

Great Northern

The Citadel

Roose Bolton

Theories on True Identities

Jon Snow

HR+AD=M&J?

Tyrion Targaryen

Coldhands

The Hooded Man

Mysteries

Tragedy at Summerhall

Tywin poisoned

Theories / Prophecies

Lightbringer

Hodor

Horn of Winter

The UnKiss

Jojen Paste

There are so many more theories, mysteries and thoughts out there that I could not list them all. Discuss one, all listed, or one of your own.

Hope that ISN'T true:

Any that suggest Ned, Lyanna, Rheagar, Arthur or Ashara Dayne are still alive. I hope Septa Lemore is just Septa Lemore. Death would mean nothing in this story otherwise.

Everybody who maybe born a secret Targ - except for Jon, because he is. There are too many hints re: R+L=J, everyone else is circumstantial. I guess I don't like the idea of the Targs being able to magically inseminate every possible female character without the servants gossiping about it. People still mention Ned's possible partners more often than any of the Targs. That Varys and LF never use this possible scandal to "out" a Targ.

That the Pink Letter was written by Mance or Stannis or Theon or Asha. Other than Ramsay, I can't see any of these characters trying to fake out the LC.

That the Hooded Man is just a figment of Theon's imagination. I actually want someone spying in Winterfell.

I would be super super super disappointed if Roose was anything other than human, the theory itself upsets me because its completely baseless.

I agree with the above that any theory involving people we know to be dead, being alive should not come true.

Theon Durden would also annoy me.

Aegon being real would pretty much ruin the books for me, but I don't really think there's any danger of that.

I'd really like to see Tyrion ride a Dragon, Sandor burn UnGregor, and Red Wedding 2.0.

Any theory that involve:

1. Baseless fanservice: "Arya will kill Cersei while saying 'Ned Stark send his regards' xDDD"

2. Magic ex Machina: "Euron will use the Warlocks to cast and Earthquake/Meteor/the Doom at Highgarden to defeat the Tyrells."

3. X is Y using glamour/disguise.

4. "A Faceless Man killed Kennedy"

5. The previous generation's females all loved the dragon dick.

I was an early Cleganebowl enthusiast who has since done a 180 flip on it. Now I want to see unGregor be brought down by someone we least expect such as Samwell, Lancel or even Sansa. I just don't think brute strength and skill in sword combat is enough to kill him now. Even if Wun Wun were to smash him to pieces I wouldn't put it past the pieces to come back fighting, much like other wights we've seen.

I don't want any of the Grand conspiracies to come true. Just thinking that just a few people could have this much affect on events would take away from the story...in my opinion.

I'm more likely to believe that Jon's identity was hidden because of his bloodline and a promise.

As far as things such as Lightbringer or the Horn of Winter...I'm more inclined to believe those are not actual things but are figurative...maybe during the retelling of stories through the generations, they became things.

The story of AA & the LH are so similar...that I think they are the same. Since AA originated from Asshai...I would even believe that Brandon the Shipwright did make land when he said west...and it was on the eastern shore of the lands beyond Asshai. The traveled west and their stories were passed to those they encountered...one being the Last Hero. The Asshai retold the story and it became Azor Ahai.

The first that came to mind was Theon Durden from reading the posts.

Though theories for it have been very well done, articulate reads, I just have a feeling no.

It would sort of be anticlimactic. The author has written so many characters, someone else is under that cloak. I don't know if we will find out though, but otherwise why have the scene then? But how it will be revealed I have no idea.

I mean, we got it a very long time ago. Yes, Theon is a broken man. So the scene is not necessary for Theon to tell Theon what we all know. We don't need him to tell himself that nobody likes him, he is essentially ruined, and that he is a murderer and kinslayer. Got it. Check. It is someone who has a multipurpose job, one being that scene, and I am guessing someone that is going to play a role later, and the going about his business covertly means something too. They just happened to run into him and thinks he sucks.

As we know, there have been many suggestions about who it is.

Most of them won't have the space to be answered in the next two books. If you look at the absurdity of them you have to wonder how the drug fiends who come up with them expect GRRM to explain it in a natural way as part of the story.

"Surprise!" Quaithe said as she removed her mask "It's me Rhaegar, your brother. Boy, did I have everyone fooled!"

"Look, Jon." Said some Northern Lord "This was all part of a Great Northern Conspiracy."

"The Seven?" asked the High Sparrow "That was all part of my ruse, you see I worship the old gods. My name is Howland Reed, and I have no fucking business being in this part of the story."

Also why would you people LOVE if R+L didn't equal J? We know that the identity of his mother is foreshadowed in book 1, and really Lyanna is the only one who makes any sense at all... so, why?

truly? out of spite. just because it's taken SO much as canon now. I'd love it if George made it not so. 110 threads? really? no.

dont get me wrong, i bought into it too, i believe it too. It's just SO "ok, we solved this one" when it truly isnt over yet, id love for a monkeywrench to destroy it ;)

imagine, Drunken, aggressive Robert and Victim Lyanna = Jon. :o

^ A baby has a gestation period of about 9 months, that means if you accept Lyana is his mother than only Rhaegar can be his father. Robert+Lyanna+Jon cannot be. Nor can any of the other ridiculous theories I've ever read be true.

Unless...my Westeros In Vitro Fertilization theory holds water...

^ A baby has a gestation period of about 9 months, that means if you accept Lyana is his mother than only Rhaegar can be his father. Robert+Lyanna+Jon cannot be. Nor can any of the other ridiculous theories I've ever read be true.

lmao chill out, i already said im a believer of rhaegar/lyanna. it's just so overdone and trampled to death now. and id love it if george wrote it out someway else. doesnt have to be robert, hell, it actually truly doesnt have to be lyanna either technically.

i agree with r/l/j, im just so tired of hearing about it.

lmao chill out, i already said im a believer of rhaegar/lyanna. it's just so overdone and trampled to death now. and id love it if george wrote it out someway else. doesnt have to be robert, hell, it actually truly doesnt have to be lyanna either technically.

i agree with r/l/j, im just so tired of hearing about it.

I believe R+L=J as well...but lately, i have been inserting myself into the discussion and saying:

B+A=J

R+L=D

People don't like this...

I believe R+L=J as well...but lately, i have been inserting myself into the discussion and saying:

B+A=J

R+L=D

People don't like this...

i know, to speak against r/l/j is just blazfemy ;)

Jon needs to have (at least) first men blood, id even except incestual benjen/lyanna = jon hahahahaha

he doesnt necessarily need the valyrian blood of targaryens. but first men blood is a must.

There's a difference between speaking against a theory, and the theory you put forth not making sense. If you actively support a nonsensical theory you should not get mad at people for calling you on it.

ahem, thus my vocabulary when saying:

imagine, Drunken, aggressive Robert and Victim Lyanna = Jon. :o

on the same side, definitely dont need inquisitors of the R+L=J church on a witch hunt either :P

Archived