R+L=J v.110

Jon Weirgaryen

Aemon's a smart dude. He's also blind, which of course means he's far better than most at seeing what's hidden (Rule of Fiction #38b).

HA! I like that. (Also agreed with the rest of your points except Dragons are totally just little puppy dogs)

But I don't think that Aemon and Rhaegar were close enough for Maester Aemon to recognise Jon as Rhaegar's son. So far, we only know that they exchanged letter and were both interested by prophecies.

But I personally think that it is quite possible that Aemon has perceived a link between Jon and him, maybe inconsciously. Probably trough Egg. Jon seems to share some traits with Egg.

And I don't remember who but I read there that Maester Aemon was probably blind because if not, he would had noticed Targ's physical features in Jon.

:lol: no, darling, I'm joking :P

(but how funny would be having Jaime or Jon recognising Jon as Rhaegar's son because of his ears)

Sorry about that. The brain's not running too quickly. Trying to get a little bit of work done for my team while I'm not feeling like I'll die in the next few minutes, but right now it's going in one eye and out the other. Came on here for a quick break, and apparently it's not just limited to accounting policy.

Late edit: I also read that as eyes, which I would have placed more significance on than ears.

I came over this interesting bit, about GoHH and the source of her visions:

The weirwoods whisper in her ear when she sleeps.

I don't recall this discussed; suggestions?

Sorry about that. The brain's not running too quickly. Trying to get a little bit of work done for my team while I'm not feeling like I'll die in the next few minutes, but right now it's going in one eye and out the other. Came on here for a quick break, and apparently it's not just limited to accounting policy.

Late edit: I also read that as eyes, which I would have placed more significance on than ears.

Could be. Remember that the Sand Snakes have Oberyn's eyes, even if they have different colour. Genetically, it's possible. Many people pay attention to the colour, not the shape of the eyes.

Well Jon having a Targ nose is almost canon via the comic books. But I'm sure that Jon got Rhaegar's smile too. ;)

Definitely. And JonCon will recognise it. And Jon Snow will see that JonCon is kissed by fire, and... hundreds of fangirls will scream at the same time.

Could be. Remember that the Sand Snakes have Oberyn's eyes, even if they have different colour. Genetically, it's possible. Many people pay attention to the colour, not the shape of the eyes.

Definitely. And JonCon will recognise it. And Jon Snow will see that JonCon is kissed by fire, and... hundreds of fangirls will scream at the same time.

Jon and Jon. Their children will go on to make a line of no tears baby products (Jon's son and Jon's son)

I think that makes a lot of sense. The GoHH also says :

The old gods stir and will not let me sleep.

And if the "old gods" are really just the Greenseers who have gotten all...erm...tangled into trees, then really they are the ones either sending her visions (delibertely) or she is sharing their visions when they reach out. And since she is also believed to be the Woods Witch, then she herself is a COTF.

I think that makes a lot of sense. The GoHH also says :

The old gods stir and will not let me sleep.

And if the "old gods" are really just the Greenseers who have gotten all...erm...tangled into trees, then really they are the ones either sending her visions (delibertely) or she is sharing their visions when they reach out. And since she is also believed to be the Woods Witch, then she herself is a COTF.

It is pretty clear that the weirwoods / old gods communicate primarily through dream-consciousness, though there is also a good bit of "stirring" that goes on throughout these books, both in the winds, leaves, and trees, but also with stone gargoyles, shadows and flame. The use of that image - of the old powers stirring - makes for an interesting motif.

If you are interested in the weirwoods, specifically, might I (humbly) recommend this essay I put together for the Heresy 133 thread. I also included an exhaustive catalogue of all weirwood trees appearing through the first five books of ASOIAF. That list is posted immediately before the essay, and extends over two posts, here and here. (Same thread.) Weirwood communication was an issue I wanted to get into for that essay, but omitted for the sake of keeping it "simple." :rolleyes:

Shouldn't have laughed like I did in public. But... made me think of something like this... http://i.imgur.com/aTb6t2s.jpg

Like, yeah, why not. Worst pairs I have seen.

Good lord, I don't think Jon is gay, but that picture is perfect.

Don't want the greyscale for Jon, though. Feel like that would put a bit of a damper into the whole save the world thing.

Shouldn't have laughed like I did in public. But... made me think of something like this... http://i.imgur.com/aTb6t2s.jpg

Like, yeah, why not. Worst pairs I have seen.

Yes, you kind of disturbed me when you proposed this pairing. If (f)aegon and Jon positions were reversed, JonCon would be his stepdad (in JonCon's dreams)/adoptive Dad. But the picture is awesome !

I just did the math because I always forget how closely (or not) Maester Aemon and Jon are blood-related: So Maester Aemon is Jon's Great-great-great-uncle. Who has ever discussed with their Great-great-great-uncle here ?

Yes, you kind of disturbed me when you proposed this pairing. If (f)aegon and Jon positions were reversed, JonCon would be his stepdad (in JonCon's dreams)/adoptive Dad. But the picture is awesome !

I just did the math because I always forget how closely (or not) Maester Aemon and Jon are blood-related: So Maester Aemon is Jon's Great-great-great-great-uncle. Who has ever discussed with their Great-great-great-great-uncle here ?

In the show, he's only his great-great-great uncle.

Good lord, I don't think Jon is gay, but that picture is perfect.

Don't want the greyscale for Jon, though. Feel like that would put a bit of a damper into the whole save the world thing.

Jon Connington? Doesn't he have the hots for Rhaegar? :dunno:

Archived