What do you NOT want to happen in the next few books?

Roose Trollton.

There's plenty of threads speculating about what will happen in the next two books, and many other threads where people say what would the perfect ASOIAF ending would be like.

But, what are events that have a high possibility of happening/being confirmed true in the next few books that you are absolutely not looking forward to? Sure, many characters face a blatantly obvious risk of dying in the next few books, and I imagine that it's almost unanimous that no one here wants to see Jaime or Jon die. But there also are characters in less obviously dangerous situations but that risk nonetheless joining the honorable ASOIAF death toll list in ADOS/TWOW.

So, what are you scared of the most that might happen in ADOS or TWOW?

For me, the deaths of Tommen and Myrcella top the list of not-so-obvious/imminent events that have a high risk of happening. Mainly because we haven't had any reason so far to doubt Maggy's prophecies. Anxious to see what will happen to Tyrion too, I think he's really overestimating his manipulation abilities with Plumm.

i want to be destroyed, mentally. i want twists, i want turns, i want conspiracies to come to pass, and i want prophecies proven gospel.

i dont want a happy ending. i want to be emotionally spent, and then i want to turn to page 1 of game of thrones and begin again for the 4th time through (im on 3 as we speak)

I want nocturnal ice to extinguish the tyrannical reign of fire.

R+L=J (I think it is probably true, it just reeks of trope)

Tyrion riding a dragon. (ugh... please no)

Jon riding a dragon. (just...no)

Jon and Dany hooking up. (trope-tastic)

The dragons arriving in Westeros and becoming a plot device with all the nuance and subtlety of a nuclear bomb.

Actually, I can probably narrow my entire list down to: Targaryens become even more super special. Seriously... is there a less interesting house in the entire series? The Targaryens really have the potential to turn the series into a glorified Monty Python skit. I have confidence that GRRM won't do this, but some times I worry.

Mercy was the answer to my prayers. I have never been so excited by a released chapter. THAT is what I was waiting for. More evidence that she is never totally going to succumb to that FM crap. It showed trouble in paradise, and that the LIST wins over any FM rules. She is so blowing out of there soon…with Needle in tow.

My day was already made.

I hope Jon doesn't get resurrected as a ww

he'll be an Other, and eventually inherit the title of Night's King once the current Night's King breaks past the wall and finally gets put to rest in Winterfell's Crypts. Believe it!

I don't want Littlefinger to die too early... I wouldn't mind him dying (despite being my favorite character) if it was in a fitting way (betrayed by Sansa, or something like that), but I'd really want to see him meet Varys at least one more time first to compare notes.

I don't want to see Jamie die, especially since I never really liked LSH and feel that Jamie did do what he could to fulfill his promise.

I don't want to see Dany going on some long journey (seen several people theorize that she will visit Vaes Dothrak or something like that) before returning to Mereen. I'd just like to see her follow the Khal back to camp and them following her back to Mereen after, arriving mid-battle or something.

I don't want to see Theon die before redeeming himself to himself. I always thought the punishment he received for his crimes was far too much, but he still has not forgiven himself for what he did to Robb, and I'd like to see him help Rickon and/or Bran and/or Jon before his death, especially if one of them would forgive him.

If R+L=J is true, I really don't want to see JonConn die before meeting up with Jon Snow, finding out his true identity (would make an awesome scene if he found out just before his death (on a field of battle or something) that Rhaegar named his son after him, then die in peace).

I don't want Arya to kill LS!
I'm not sure why some people have thrown that in as a theory, but I just do not want it to happen.

Oh and if Jon is seriously just Ned's bastard... please no.

And if the valonqar has absolutely NO link to anyone with Valyrian ancestry. THAT would blow my mind up :bang:

1.) I don't want to find out who Jon's parents are.

2.) I don't want Jon and Dany to hook up.

3.) I don't want Stannis to become the Night King

4.) I don't want the Great Northern Conspiracy to happen

5.) I don't want Dany or Aegon to sit on the Iron Throne at the end.

6.) I don't want to see Varys and Littlefinger survive.

Damn. Unless the WWs win someone has to sit in the Iron Throne, and I don't want to see either Daenerys or Stannis die [ idc if Aegon dies. He seems pretty cool but not a fav of mine ]

But even if the Others don't win, the whole of Westeros is in a war. By the end of it, the IT may be nothing but a decorative piece of furniture at the bottom of Blackwater Bay.

Archived