NFL 2014 Week 8 - Felipe Rios es un hombre muy malo

Jaime L

Well their schedule wasn't as tough last year. This year they're murdering some really good teams..and not just with their offense.

Yeah, their schedule was cake last year. That said, they've played most of their games at home this season. 6 of their next 8 games are on the road. It will be interesting to see how they fare in that stretch.

I was reading some article on ESPN not too long ago where they were talking about the wear and tear on Kevin Durant's body and estimated that he ran 200 miles over the course of an NBA season and cited it as an example of that wear and tear. Which when you consider the NBA season is 6 months long, is absolutely nothing. I run over 200 miles every 6 months, and I've got a beer gut.

Yeah, the distance professional athletes cover isn't grueling. It's the explosive movements and contact. Quantify the force exerted by or on a football player. But distance? That's the most unintentionally hilarious way to marginalize how physically demanding the sport is.

Kind of disturbing to see Addae being kept in the game after a couple worrisome incidents:

A - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7W-O7T_PjM&feature=youtu.be

And B - https://vine.co/v/OhJlmMLZqmq

Goodness I hope he gets checked out in this little extended break. I'll never know why SD kept him in.

Wow...that's scary stuff to see.

Edit: He was kept in the game even after the 2nd one? (not sure which one was first)

Yeah he was kept in after B (second one).

Edit: he went off shortly after the second one, now saying it was a stinger.

:stunned:

I may well go to my grave complaining about how the Pats could have picked up Emmanuel Sanders for $3 million in the same year they gave Danny Amendola $28 million over 5 years.

:stunned: :stunned:

Kind of disturbing to see Addae being kept in the game after a couple worrisome incidents:

A - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7W-O7T_PjM&feature=youtu.be

And B - https://vine.co/v/OhJlmMLZqmq

Goodness I hope he gets checked out in this little extended break. I'll never know why SD kept him in.

Whoa! I missed the game. Those are ridiculous. How in the world was he still in the game?! Seems unbelievably dangerous.

I may well go to my grave complaining about how the Pats could have picked up Emmanuel Sanders for $3 million in the same year they gave Danny Amendola $28 million over 5 years.

You know how no matter who a team let's go there is always that group who says it will kill the chemistry and was a huge mistake and other nonsuch? Didn't here a word of that this off season re: Decker v Sanders.

Yeah, their schedule was cake last year. That said, they've played most of their games at home this season. 6 of their next 8 games are on the road. It will be interesting to see how they fare in that stretch.

Yeah though they've had the 6th toughest schedule in the league up to this point (according to FO) and that's before playing the 8th best team in SD. They've already gotten the 3 tough NFC West teams out of the way. And after playing the Patriots in 10 days, their ridiculous gauntlet is over. I assume by the halfway point they'll have played the toughest schedule in football. It just doesn't seem so harrowing because they've almost entirely dominated some very tough competition.

And like you say, 6 of the next 8 are on the road, though against lesser competition.This is feeling like a 14-2 Broncos team to me. Just don't ask me to predict who will get them that 2nd loss.

Wow, that defense looks better and better every week. If they keep injury free they are going to be the team to beat.

ETA: That 2nd loss will probably be the last game when they sit Manning because they've already secured home field throughout.

And like you say, 6 of the next 8 are on the road, though against lesser competition.This is feeling like a 14-2 Broncos team to me. Just don't ask me to predict who will get them that 2nd loss.

My money would be on the Patriots. Denver's a better team, but strange things happen when Peyton goes to New England. Failing that, the road games against Kansas City and San Diego could be dangerous. I think they'll lose three games this regular season, but that should still be enough for the #1 seed.

I thought the Pats may be an 11-5 team that could Belichick their way to 12-4, but that was before Chandler Jones got hurt.

It's okay, the Bears will help the Pats out by giving the ball to Matt Forte in the first series, watch him tear off 60+ yards on the drive, kick a field goal, watch Tom Brady drive down and score a touchdown the next series and then - being down by a whole 4 points - decide the throw the ball the rest of the game.

Archived