[Spoiler's All] Marwyn The Mage Of The Citadel VS. Moqorro The Dark Flame Of The Red Church: The Battle For Danaerys

Blazfemur

i know Marwyn himself didnt, but it was marwyn's training to mirri, that caused her to lose her baby and husband.

dont get me wrong, marwyn would make one hell of an ally, i agree. but will danaerys see him that way? if there is a "competition" of sorts, if marwyn and moqorro have different interests for her, the subject may come up.

though, one would also argue, that Rhaego & Drogo HAD to die, for her dragons to be born (the blood magic needs blood, right?). Rhaego was the price, to hatch those dragons,

Half the people reading the book don't remember MMD mentioning Marwyn. Why would Dany? Even if she does make the connection, what makes you think she'll distrust Marwyn any more than she does any other stranger?

Half the people reading the book don't remember MMD mentioning Marwyn. Why would Dany? Even if she does make the connection, what makes you think she'll distrust Marwyn any more than she does any other stranger?

Actually, it doesn't have to be Danaerys, not at first. Moqorro could tel her who he is if he sees something in the flames. His identity doesnt have to be solely out of her recollection only.

Also, I dont think Danaerys would forget anything Mirri said, especially after the trauma she experienced. It's all heresay, cant do anything yet about it anyway. all we can do is wait :)

Her rejecting him doesn't preclude him from still having a role of some sort.

ETA: And she hasn't "taken in" Tyrion yet.

There's no way they could have predicted that the eggs would hatch. There was no reason to think that, and there was no way they could control what it took to hatch them, unless you think they engineered Drogo's infection, Mirri being at that place at that time to offer Dany help, Drogo ignoring Mirri's advice, Dany losing the baby, Dany deciding to burn Mirri, etc. Varys is good but he's not omnipotent.

Marwyn has to state his case, and he has to word his introduction wisely. Chronologically, we have to imagine who gets to her first, tyrion, victarian/moqorro, or marwyn. id assume vict first, so moqorro may warn her of marwyns coming. though, if marwyn really wanted to, he could talk to danaerys whenever he pleased via glass candle like quaithe, right?

no no, im not saying prediction. im saying the intention for danaerys to marry drogo (in addition to gaining a dothraki army), was for her to get pregnant, and the idea of sacrificing her kid was one that was the original intention.

would people (especially those as knowledgable as illyrio) really exchange dragon eggs so easily? Illyrio's RICH, he couldve just given her trinkets and gold. the dragons eggs show INTENT, you know?

even if the pregnancy wasnt the originally intended blood sacrifice (Viserys might have been, thus the reason why Illyrio 'put up with him'). Viserys getting killed, obviously unplanned.

It's going to be impossible to debate this admittedly, the whole intention of rhaego, i put it to rest for now.

bottom line, if marwyn wants any intention of alligning with danaerys, id glass candle her before vic and moqorro reach slavers bay. or if quaithe is in fact working WITH him, send quaithe, a familiar face, to tell of his coming.

with varys and illyrio, you cant see the following happen?

Varys: hmm, we have two targs. the boy is, kind of a dousche.

Illyrio: I know, and we have three eggs.

Varys: let's hide them with the dothraki, far from robert

Illyrio: thats a good idea, i have a protegie out there, we can rid the mad targ, and hatch the egg

Varys: if it works. it may not.

Illyrio: well, what if we married the girl to the fertile khal

Varys: you may be on to something

Illyrio: if the mad targ doesnt hatch the eggs, we still have the girl. infinite attempts to hatch these things and take back westeros

Varys: For the realm.

Illyrio: It is known. Praise Rh'llor.

Varys and Illyrio must have thought of the eggs as good Targaryan props, rather than things that might actually hatch. They wanted Viserys and Dany to look like the real deal so that they'd inspire Khal Drogo to actually invade Westeros. They wanted Viserys and Dany to remember their Targaryan heritage so they wouldn't assimilate into Dothraki culture. They wanted proper Targaryans out there for Westerosi to daydream about. The eggs just helped Dany and Viserys come across like proper Targaryans. If Varys and Illyrio thought those things would hatch, they wouldn't have given them all to Dany and then set her loose on the world.

But somebody: the Red Priests, Marwyn, Quaithe could have gotten the eggs into Illyrio's hands in the knowledge that he was screwing around with Targaryans.

If Dany ends up with Victarion and Moqorro, maybe Marwyn and Tyrion end up together trying to get a dragon?

Actually, it doesn't have to be Danaerys, not at first. Moqorro could tel her who he is if he sees something in the flames. His identity doesnt have to be solely out of her recollection only.

Also, I dont think Danaerys would forget anything Mirri said, especially after the trauma she experienced. It's all heresay, cant do anything yet about it anyway. all we can do is wait :)

Well, if she did remember every single word that came out of MMD's mouth, all she'd know is that Marwyn gave her biology lesson. MMD said nothing about learning to zombify people from him.

Well, if she did remember every single word that came out of MMD's mouth, all she'd know is that Marwyn gave her biology lesson. MMD said nothing about learning to zombify people from him.

i miss the hodor that wasnt so articulate :P

Varys and Illyrio must have thought of the eggs as good Targaryan props, rather than things that might actually hatch. They wanted Viserys and Dany to look like the real deal so that they'd inspire Khal Drogo to actually invade Westeros. They wanted Viserys and Dany to remember their Targaryan heritage so they wouldn't assimilate into Dothraki culture. They wanted proper Targaryans out there for Westerosi to daydream about. The eggs just helped Dany and Viserys come across like proper Targaryans. If Varys and Illyrio thought those things would hatch, they wouldn't have given them all to Dany and then set her loose on the world.

But somebody: the Red Priests, Marwyn, Quaithe could have gotten the eggs into Illyrio's hands in the knowledge that he was screwing around with Targaryans.

If Dany ends up with Victarion and Moqorro, maybe Marwyn and Tyrion end up together trying to get a dragon?

im thinking moqorro could grab one forcefully with the horn, and possibly marwyn through his valyrian blood and magics (remember brown ben plumm had an affinity, it DOESNT have to be a targ)

I really don't see why Dany will shun Marwyn just because he trained MMD. In ACOK she still went into the HOTU despite remembering what MMD did, because she believed she got knowledge from MMD even though MMD at the same time caused harm. I see a similar thing here where she will be wary of him but at the same time willing to gain knowledge.

I have a lot of doubts about George's intentions when he seemingly sends all the missing pieces to Dany after the showing the consequences of their absence in ADwD.

A maester with a special interest in magic/dragons and the knowledge of the Others returning,

A Red Priest who along with many consider Dany as the deliverer of the world,

An able sea captain who is "cleave first, ask questions later"

An intelligent dwarf who passed through the gullet of the black dragon and who at the same time has good information about Westeros,

Tattered Prince who is a sharp-witted, veteran soldier determined to take Pentos,

Possibly Gerion Lannister as the Corsair King who was trying to recruit soldiers and gold to do something,

I might be missing other names.

These folks look like they can fill the blanks in Dany and together they can trample whoever stands in their way.

However, when we think deeper about them, they all have their own agendas (including Marwyn) and they will support Dany as long as their goals converge. In addition, these people will likely have conflicting goals which will force Dany to one way or the other.

Archived