U.S. High School Shooting near Seattle, Washington

TerraPrime

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/us/washington-school-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

So far, report said 2 dead, 3 critically wounded, 1 seriously wounded. Of the deceased, one of them was the assailant. Police said that they're confident that the assailant had acted alone.

Many places where you live perhaps. I wouldn't speak for the country as a whole.

How does that refute what Ini said?

And posting armed guards and/or police at the schools is unlikely to do much to reduce the incidence rate of these shootings where the assailant had already planned on committing suicide. Obviously, being gunned down by a police would be not much of a concern for people like this provided that they get a chance to inflict some damage on their peers.

How does that refute what Ini said?

And posting armed guards and/or police at the schools is unlikely to do much to reduce the incidence rate of these shootings where the assailant had already planned on committing suicide. Obviously, being gunned down by a police would be not much of a concern for people like this provided that they get a chance to inflict some damage on their peers.

I responded to the post who said that cops are posted at "many" schools. Perhaps that is true where he/she lives, but as a parent of 3 children, 2 in school I can tell you that I see cops parked near city workers, in their cars keeping warm. These same cops could be doing the same thing at schools where in the same town where there is zero police presence.

In this case police wouldn't have helped. Which leads me to what would have possibly prevented it. Metal detectors in schools. We have them at sporting events, concerts and just about everywhere else.

How exactly do metal detectors or cops prevent planned shootings?

Cop? Just walk next to the guy and shoot him first.

Metal detector? Shoot the people in line or if you want to go through start with the operators.

Well maybe we should do nothing. Because dead kids seem to be pretty acceptable in this thread.

Cops and metal detectors could HELP prevent some of these tragic situations. Didn't say it was going to eradicate. An armed cop at Sandy Hook would have saved 20 something children thougj.

Such a stupid stupid tragedy. Shooter was apparently mad that a girl he liked wouldn't date him. He was a member of the football team (though recently suspended) and had just been voted Homecoming prince.

Sounds like he was just a little shithead who didn't know how to deal with the basic feelings most teenager have.

An armed cop at Sandy Hook would have saved 20 something children thougj.

Could have. He could have, maybe. Not allowing guns into the homes of mentally ill people also could have prevented Sandy Hook. Could have. Maybe.

Well maybe we should do nothing. Because dead kids seem to be pretty acceptable in this thread.

Cops and metal detectors could HELP prevent some of these tragic situations. Didn't say it was going to eradicate. An armed cop at Sandy Hook would have saved 20 something children thougj.

2% of all children homicides occur in schools. It is horrible and tragic when it happens, but I think if we are going to spend time money and resources I would want to look more at where the other 98% happen.

http://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43126.pdf

Archived