Jon Snow should stay how he is...dead.

Having Jon die without completing his story is weird.

Having Jon die and resurrected after all the resurrections we already have is worse.

Having Jon almost dead just for the sake of the cliffhanger is a bit annoying but not as worse as the other options I think.

However, my feeling is we will have him partly dead (warged into Ghost or something) and then come back at least partially.

Not exactly great either. But perhaps I will be surprised

I don't really get why everyone is blabbing about there being so many resurrections.

Beric Dondarrion was resurrected, yes... as a shell of his former self, who's memory is fuzzy and who is obsessed with the goal he had before death (hunting down those who prey upon the realm).

Catelyn Tully was resurrected, yes... as a shell of his former self, who's mind is broken and who is obsessed with the goal she had before death (revenge on the Freys, Boltons and Lannisters).

Gregor Clegane, yes... likely as a mindless, abominable construct named Robert Strong, possibly assembled by body parts from many different individuals.

Coldhands is a resurrected individual, yes... a seemingly sentient wight, who's skin is white, hand and feet are black and life ended long ago.

The wights are resurrected beings, yes... almost mindless things, the shambling corpses of men and horses, ravens and bears, and probably more things.

All of these resurrections are flawed, unsettling, often horrifying, but most of all significant and important to the tale, and not a slap on the wrist where everyone just gets up and struggle on as if nothing mayor just happened. Might be Jon's won't be fully as debilitating, but I'm quite certain he won't just stand up, shake it all off and then get going as if nothing happened. Magic is not taken lightly in this series, and getting stabbed by your own men will leave scars but mental and physical.

Also I'll be pissed if he has no more POV chapters. It feels like he had more in store in his tale, and unlike Ned and Cat's ends, it just doesn't feel like he is done just yet (though neither was Catelyn as it turned out, though I hesitate in calling that thing Catelyn).

I don't really get why everyone is blabbing about there being so many resurrections.

Same. We have Beric, who is now actually dead and who lost parts of himself each time he came back. And Catelyn, who isn't even Catelyn anymore so much as a crazy manifestation of vengeance. And Gregor, who is basically (probably) a headless Frankenstein monster.

No one has been resurrected and been completely how they were before, without consequence. The idea that GRRM regularly brings people back as if nothing had happened to them is absurd.

Same. We have Beric, who is now actually dead and who lost parts of himself each time he came back. And Catelyn, who isn't even Catelyn anymore so much as a crazy manifestation of vengeance. And Gregor, who is basically (probably) a headless Frankenstein monster.

No one has been resurrected and been completely how they were before, without consequence. The idea that GRRM regularly brings people back as if nothing had happened to them is absurd.

Hasn't GRRM even said that he didn't like how Gandalf came back as a "new and improved version"?

I do believe Jon will have the least debilitating "resurrection", mainly because of how he will "die": warging into Ghost and then returning to his body, essentially becoming more wolfish (and angry), but not insane, inhuman or a shell.

By not being a high school fanficker, and by being one of the most significant fantasy and sci-fi writers of the last thirty years, it's highly unlikely that GRRM will write out one of the three most significant characters of an epic that he's been writing for twenty years. GRRM's logic >>>>>>>>>>>> what some of the more oddball fans are thinking. As the grand old meme goes, GRRM is not your bitch.

If you buy any of Schmendrick's incomplete <a href=http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/103266-r-l-lightbringer-updated-with-part-ii/>magnum opus</a> (I do, it's excellent) Jon has way to many dying god parralells to not cast off his mortal coil. At least temporarily.

I think that Jon can do that by leaving his mortal body...the difference being, he can do that without actually dying by warging into Ghost. It still fits the parallel, imo.

I think that Jon can do that by leaving his mortal body...the difference being, he can do that without actually dying by warging into Ghost. It still fits the parallel, imo.

Could be so. And is be happy with that.

But my deeply cracked pot holds a theory that he will have to push Mel's spirit out of his reanimated corpse, the same way his uncle pushed the Other's spirit out his corpse;)

Is there a Maester at Castle Black currently? I know Clydas took over a lot of Aemons duties but I thought that was mostly raven related. Does Selyse have a Maester in her household?

The wiki says Clydas takes over the duties of tending the ravens and the wounded, and followers of R'hllar don't use maesters as they are followers of the seven and Selyse is devout.

The wiki says Clydas takes over the duties of tending the ravens and the wounded, and followers of R'hllar don't use maesters as they are followers of the seven and Selyse is devout.

Good point. Stannis kept Pylos after Cressen so I figured they might have one around but you're right Selyse is too fanatical for that.

The wiki isn't always accurate though so it's hard to know what kind of skills Clydas has. I guess Clydas would have picked up a few things over the years but medical training is probably a lot tougher to pick up second hand compared to caring for Ravens

Good point. Stannis kept Pylos after Cressen so I figured they might have one around but you're right Selyse is too fanatical for that.

The wiki isn't always accurate though so it's hard to know what kind of skills Clydas has. I guess Clydas would have picked up a few things over the years but medical training is probably a lot tougher to pick up second hand compared to caring for Ravens

True on the wiki business, I'm hoping he picked up enough to rescue Jon without Melisandre' interference.

Archived