Jon Snow should stay how he is...dead.

I was rereading the chapter when Moqorro heals Victarion recently. I could see something like that happening with Mel and Jon.

That would please me more than a death resurrection but still not a fan of the R'hllor religion and their tainted healing magic. I would be curious to know what Jon's views would be if he were to die and be brought back via Melisandre but not enough to actively hope for it.

That would please me more than a death resurrection but still not a fan of the R'hllor religion and their tainted healing magic. I would be curious to know what Jon's views would be if he were to die and be brought back via Melisandre but not enough to actively hope for it.

Yeah there are some side effects with Vic's new arm. I believe there's smoke emanating from it at one point and he says it's stronger than ever before. No negative affects yet but there always seems to be a cost associated with anything magic. I'm also hoping for just normal medical attention to take care of the situation as well.

Yeah there are some side effects with Vic's new arm. I believe there's smoke emanating from it at one point and he says it's stronger than ever before. No negative affects yet but there always seems to be a cost associated with anything magic. I'm also hoping for just normal medical attention to take care of the situation as well.

Honestly, I think Jon will be 'healed' by magic of his own making and without much explanation...much like Dany survives the pyre.

This would be ever so satisfying.

I think it's also necessary if Jon truly is the prophesied prince. If he needs help from someone like Melisandre to 'come back', as it were, then it would completely undermine his legitimacy, much like Stannis.

Hot wine will disinfect the wounds. Really it's possible that nothing major was hit, in which case the biggest danger is infection, namely blood poisoning (which the wine should help prevent, in theory) and peritonitis (I've had that and I wouldn't wish it on even a fictional chraracter). Without either major antibiotics (which they don't have) or magic (which they might) peritonitis would kill him.

Honestly, I think Jon will be 'healed' by magic of his own making and without much explanation...much like Dany survives the pyre.

I like this idea.

Though I'd find it more satisfying if he's recovering, Shireen is being burned, and he jumps into the fire to save her--coming out unharmed because he was willing to sacrifice his own life for a greater purpose. Of course all his hair would be burned off, and he wouldn't hatch any dragons, but still... I think willingness to sacrifice is the key and I can't see him being in a position to sacrifice himself while he's unconscious.

Don't get me wrong,I love Jon and all but resurrections are becoming cheap and Jon snow being 'born admist salt and smoke' and being Azor Ahai just screams cheesiness. Also,can you blame Bowen Marsh? He's a dead man walking but Jon was forsaking his vows. Overall,Bowen Marsh has likely fucking executed the idea in bis head of the wildlings murdering the watch since Jon was the only one who could hold it together.

Let people be shocked in TWoW and let Jon just stay dead,if he's resurrected,I'm going be pissed.

He can't be resurrected if he didn't die in the first place.

I don't think Jon cares that much for Shireen.

But he does care about what is right. Burning Shireen would be firmly in the "wrong" category. Jon would see that even if no one else did.

Is this thread about Schrödingers Jon?

So Jon is both, alive AND dead at the moment. Only by opening TWoW we will know what he is ;)

Precisely! Though I would say he's alive at the moment, and cannot be considered dead until we get new information.

He already knows ned is his dad. So he can rest in peace. Also someone told him his mother was a woman mostlikely.

GRRM made the statement about Jon finding out who his parents are AFTER AGoT was published, so no Ned is not his dad, and his mom is not just "some woman."

Ahem...Renly would like a word with you :smug:

But I agree, it would be shock factor for its own sake to kill Jon at this point. It would also be terribly cheesy to resurrect him in a cheap manner. And it would be manipulative to say "Oh, he was never dead, just wounded, but I needed a cliffhanger, LOL"

So I'm basically expecting something great from GRRM

George already did that half a hundred times with other characters. I agree that it is becoming cheesy after the first ten times.

I think king's blood will be of primary importance in the healing of Jon. Bran is blood to two kings (Robb and Jon).

Same. We have Beric, who is now actually dead and who lost parts of himself each time he came back. And Catelyn, who isn't even Catelyn anymore so much as a crazy manifestation of vengeance. And Gregor, who is basically (probably) a headless Frankenstein monster.

No one has been resurrected and been completely how they were before, without consequence. The idea that GRRM regularly brings people back as if nothing had happened to them is absurd.

Beric was fine. I think GRRM will do something with Catelyn that justifies her unlife, though IMO he hasn't yet. Gregor is the one that I have serious a problem with, and the reason I think GRRM is overusing unCharacters.

In life, Gregor was a massive evil brute. In undeath, he'll still be a massive evil brute. UnGregor is probably bigger on homicide and less interested in rape, and maybe he'll be harder for Cersei to control, but that resurrection didn't cause a big change to the character and felt pointless and goofy to me. Qyburn's ability to make Frankensteins also came out of nowhere - it is a massive leap to go from "a guy conducting human experiments to learn how to treat disease and injury" to "makes Frankenstein monsters".

I really think Jon's situation is very much like Arya's at the Red Wedding. Her chapter ends with Sandor's axe taking her in the back of the head as she ran for her life. (she even thought he was going to kill her) If that was her last POV in the book, we'd be having this same discussion about her.

I think Jon's wounds aren't as bad as we think, although, I do think he may be in a coma for a bit, like Bran was after his fall. I don't think he's dead, but I did snort coffee out my nose at the brilliance of Wolf Pack's 'Schrodinger's Jon' :bowdown:

Archived