regarding the stormland knight.

I'm hoping we see more of him in the next books. Him and his Holy Hundred seem like they may play a role with the rise of the faith militant.

He's holding Harrenhal for Littlefinger right now, yes?

Yep. Though I think they'll hold it for Aegon when the Faith declares him the rightful king.

Yep. Though I think they'll hold it for Aegon when the Faith declares him the rightful king.

That makes sense. He's from the Stormlands too so Jon Connington could play a part in convincing him as well. If they send out letters to all the major lords like Stannis did I'm sure Harrenhal will be on the list.

I'm thinking More along the lines of peRhaps a retreat *if* Cersei survives her trial and moves against the Faith in KL. How far against her can Mace Tyrell go if she orders a dead High Septon? OTOH, a BwB needing a winter refuge, can overcome 80ish defenders, few Knights, if any. I think they are listed as mounted archers and Bonifer is sort of anti-chivalry.

I'm thinking More along the lines of peRhaps a retreat *if* Cersei survives her trial and moves against the Faith in KL. How far against her can Mace Tyrell go if she orders a dead High Septon? OTOH, a BwB needing a winter refuge, can overcome 80ish defenders, few Knights, if any. I think they are listed as mounted archers and Bonifer is sort of anti-chivalry.

The BwB isn't going to be taking Harrenhal. 100 defenders in a Castle is worth 1000 without.

...only if they meet the minimum number for that particular castle. In Harrenhal? Unlikely.

That's true, it's size makes it hard to defend. Not sure what the minimum number of defenders you would need for Harrenhal is but I doubt it's just the members of the holy hundred there at the moment. The 1000 on the outside was more figurative anyway since the Brotherhood doesn't have that many men as far as we know.

Either way the BwB isn't going to take a castle and occupy it which was my main point.

Archived