Killing Dragons TWoW Spoilers

R.O.Edwards

So I have seen a lot of people saying that at least one of Dany's three dragons must die (most likely Viserion)

some of this speculation is from Tyrion's chapter from TWoW.

I have also seen threads on the best way to kill a dragon, one is poison.

Now during the battle of Meereen in Tyrion's chapter Rhaegal and Viserion are snatching plague victims flung by catapults from the air.

Could eating those victims of the pale mare nfect and kill a dragon ?

Do human diseases effect dragons?

does burning them before consumption kill of the "germs"?

While I do not have an extensive scientific education by any stretch, it's my understanding that the vast majority of diseases are not cross species.Take the plague for instance. It spread so easily because it didn't kill the fleas that carried it, or the rats that carried the fleas between humans. Plus, I'd think having blood hot enough to turn a spear red-hot would be a HELL of an immune system.

The dragons are mortal. Drogon could very well die. He's Dany's favorite, they drew blood from Drogon in the Pits and they're surrounded by ten times their number at the end of Dance. The best way to pierce a dragons skin is weirwood arrows, which we see in one of Brans visions. The Dothraki dont have weirwood arrows, but they do have Dragonbone bows and there are thousands of them.

Theres also an interesting analysis somewhere that shows they have a weakspot behind their necks. It was drawn on one of Tyrions ruminations about dragonslayers.

I don't think they have anything to fear from the diseased corpses. Either because human diseases don't affect them or because the fire acts as sterilization; pick one.

Having said that, I think at least one is going to die. It's been telegraphed too strongly, not to mention that tPatQ functions in at least some part as an explanation on how dragons fight and die.

I like the idea that the dragons cook their meat because they have sensitive bellies.

This would also mean that dragons cant feast on wrights, being that the meat is rotten already and no amount of cooking would help.

If a dragon dies and is wrighted, does it effectively become an ice dragon?

The moment I read about the piles of dragon "droppings" in the Rogue Prince, it convinced me that dragons can (and will) get sick. The last dragons seemed to show symptoms of poisoning similar to how the Waif was affected from the black pool. The only black pool other than the one in HoB&W is the one before the heart tree of Winterfell, where Brandon Snow was determined to fight the dragons with weirwood arrows. Literal or metaphoric dragons seem to die by beheading or poison, not stabbing in the eye.

The dragons have nothing to worry about from the pale mare. The disease will not be cross species and if it were, the bacteria/virus in the meat that causes the disease would be killed by the cooking. And if it wasn't, the heat from the dragons stomach absolutely would.

Archived