If Aegon is the real son of Rhaegar, would Dany bend the knee?

Lee-Sensei

I think she has learned from her time in Meereen and her hallucinations in the Dothraki Sea that she's not fit to be a leader, nor does she particularly enjoy it. She might still conquer the IT because she feels she has the only right to it, but I believe at this point she'd bend the knee to a 100% legitimate Aegon. She'd be happy to bring his enemies Fire and Blood with her dragons, instead of planting trees again.

There's no doubt Dany and Aegon will fight. The girl has seen in her dreams the dragons dancing, and people dying. That said, I'd say that if Daenerys were sure Aegon was, well, Aegon, she'd offer her hand in marriage or form an alliance, even if under him. Dany's own reasons for her claim is that she is the last trueborn heir of House Targaryen.

IF (and this is a very big if) he can prove it, I would think she would wed him, and the restart the Targaryen dynasty, with dragons.

However, how can he possibly prove his heritage?

I don't know how, but I'd be very surprised if Varys hasn't already devised some way to 'prove' Aegon's legitimacy.

I don't know how, but I'd be very surprised if Varys hasn't already devised some way to 'prove' Aegon's legitimacy.

Prove it to the masses, sure. Prove it to Dany, with her prophecy paranoia from Quiathe, who will immediately identify Aegon as the Mummer's Dragon? That'd be some pretty amazing proof.

She probably wouldn't acknowledge his seniority if her dragons rejected him. If they up and killed him without being ordered to do so by here the issue would kind of solve itself.

This. I feel like Rhaegal is going to take a liking for Aegon, which will be enough proof perhaps?

She should marry him or, even if that is not possible, bend the knee anyway. But... That wouldn't serve the plot. She has he dragons, she's going all fire and blood. And he's the mummer's dragon.

What I want to see is what Barry the (b)Old will think. I mean, Dany will have to convince him Aegon is fake. Otherwise he'd be pissed off. She marries Hizdahr to secure Meereen, but says no to Aegon fucking Targaryen?

I know it's very unlikely and that the idea has been debunked time after time, but if Lemore was actually Ashara it would be cool. Another source of confusion for the oh-so-righteous turncloak Barristan Selmy.

Archived