Do you think it might be possible the 'Knight of the Red Chicken' was from House Herston?

Haven19

[Ch. 4 - Brienne - AFFC] This may be nothing but I'm just curious. Ser Creighton the Hedge-Knight tells Brienne many different tales about the knights he slayed at the Battle of the Blackwater. It was clear he fought for the side of King Joffrey after mentioning one of the Knights he killed was from House Bolling (Stormlands Noble House) & so I thought House Herston (although not yet mentioned in the ASOIAF series) they are from the Stormlands and their sigil is a Red & Gold Rooster (male chicken) that it might be but I understand it's only speculation.

It is possible.. House Swyft has a blue rooster on yellow, though, so possibly, it was a bastard of that house, or someone from a distant branch. But as House Swyft fought for House Lannister, and Bolling was for Stannis, it would seem that the possibility of House Swyft seems a weak one.

Further, no description matches, so I guess you are right :)

• 6 months later...

Great topic Haven19. I’ve been thinking intensively for some time. I never heard about House Herston. And you might be right. But I’ve got two different theories.

First: witch I like less that a second one is that this knight might be Ronnet Connington. Simple Ser Creighton mistakes griffin with chicken.

Second: With I prefer maybe because it’s crazier. In “Storm of swords” when Tyrion was waiting for meeting with Doornishmen he ask Podrick

“Pod, come up here. Describe the arms you see, and tell me which houses they represent.” But Pod sight is not good enough, so Bronn helps Pod by describing banners with he saw. One of those banners is describing:

“A red chicken eating a snake, looks like.”

“The Gargalens of Salt Shore. A cockatrice. Ser. Pardon. Not a chicken. Red, with a black snake in its beak.”

“Very good!” exclaimed Tyrion. “One more, lad.”

So maybe some Dornish forces fight not officially for Stannis victory. Not that they really want his victory more they knew that he would be easier king to be defeated for Dany in the future. And this failed plan was reason why Oberyn Martell came at the wedding.

Archived