If Tyrion returns to Westeros with Dany, it will hurt her image

Lord Damian

Lets face it, Tyrion is despised to the people of Westeros, regardless of his "convicted" assasination of Joffrey and his murder of his own father. Tyrion is the "twisted demon monkey" who is physically deformed and scary looking from the murder attempt on him at the Blackwater. Neither of these physical appearances are his fault but in a medeaval society, he faces predudece on sight, let alone he is blamed for the rule of Joffrey as his hand and denied the credit for the good and wise ruling he did accompish.

Dany will undoubtably fight Aegon or whoever sits the throne but with Tyrion at her side, let alone the Dothraki and "odd-cartoonlike characters", such as her sleezy lover, Daario and unsullied, she is going to not be cheered as much as she thinks. The people who want Targaryen restoration will give their adoraction for Aegon, who, ironicially will have come to Westeros without her, thanks to Tyrion. Her only hope for some credibility of reason is Ser Barristan

Selmy surviving Mereen to come with her. Sadly, there is foreshadowing of him possibly dying in Mereen, denying her further use of his wisdom, untold truths about her family and most of all, his great and noble reputation.

I have written before that Dany will have no friends and aliies on "mainland" Westeros and with Tyrion at her side as an adviser, that should only be reinforced, except for the mountain clans of the Vale, possibly.

If Barristan is alive then I think he cancels out Tyrion. Tyrion will be a background player anyway so I think his political savvy is worth the image loss.

Her foreign army on the other hand is a PR nightmare especially if it includes large amounts of Dothraki. I think that's more serious than Tyrion.

I agree with this. There's an idea that Tyrion is basically going to be Dany's political Band-Aid, saving her from blunders and wisely guiding her, but I think this is overplayed. The biggest reason for that: Tyrion is only in Essos at all because he had already been played by both Varys and Baelish. The same Varys who's now backing Aegon and the same Baelish who got off killing Joffrey scot-free and is now sitting pretty in the Vale. There's also the matter of Tyrion being driven by revenge at this point, so whatever advice he gives her will ultimately be to that end and not necessarily meant to yield good governance.

I think overall it's clear that the people Dany arrives with will be a "who's who" of Westeros's most-hated. Dothraki? Check. Slave army, even if it's ex-slaves? Check. Tyrion? Check. Ironborn? Check. Essosi sellswords? Check. Useless mouths to feed in the winter? Check. It's like a complete list.

Yes, Tyrion will be a real PR nightmare due to his past happenings. I don't think the problem will stem from his previous bad behavior though, but rather come from unfounded accusations built upon associations to his most heroic.

I think overall it's clear that the people Dany arrives with will be a "who's who" of Westeros's most-hated. Dothraki? Check. Slave army, even if it's ex-slaves? Check. Tyrion? Check. Ironborn? Check. Essosi sellswords? Check. Useless mouths to feed in the winter? Check. It's like a complete list.

Don't forget fire-breathing, man-eating dragons and possibly a red priest or two. :)

I agree with this. There's an idea that Tyrion is basically going to be Dany's political Band-Aid, saving her from blunders and wisely guiding her, but I think this is overplayed. The biggest reason for that: Tyrion is only in Essos at all because he had already been played by both Varys and Baelish. The same Varys who's now backing Aegon and the same Baelish who got off killing Joffrey scot-free and is now sitting pretty in the Vale. There's also the matter of Tyrion being driven by revenge at this point, so whatever advice he gives her will ultimately be to that end and not necessarily meant to yield good governance.

I don't think of Tyrion as Danny's political saviour or anything. However, someone like him is necessary for Danny to have any kind of hope. She probably couldn't even name many Lords outside the major Houses at this point.

I also don't think getting framed and then having Varys rescue you from that framing discredit you as a good political mind. Also pretty much everyone in the Capital has been played by either Varys or Littlefinger.

Him being motivated by revenge is a good point. A lot of the advice he gives Danny will be designed to suit his ends.

I don't think of Tyrion as Danny's political saviour or anything. However, someone like him is necessary for Danny to have any kind of hope. She probably couldn't even name many Lords outside the major Houses at this point.

I also don't think getting framed and then having Varys rescue you from that framing discredit you as a good political mind. Also pretty much everyone in the Capital has been played by either Varys or Littlefinger.

Him being motivated by revenge is a good point. A lot of the advice he gives Danny will be designed to suit his ends.

But not everyone in the capital is being held up as Dany's political salvation.

Varys and Littlefinger are both also still in the game, with Varys being on the side that will probably come into conflict with Tyrion's. And he still has no idea that Littlefinger is even the one who framed him.

But not everyone in the capital is being held up as Dany's political salvation.

Varys and Littlefinger are both also still in the game, with Varys being on the side that will probably come into conflict with Tyrion's. And he still has no idea that Littlefinger is even the one who framed him.

Well like I said I'm not holding him up as a salvation. I just think someone like him needs to be in Dany's court to explain basic stuff about Westeros. I'm not of the belief that Tyrion will devise some genius plan that solves all Dany's problems and gets him the Rock.

Littlefinger and Varys will probably outplay him but the story kind of demands Dany having a Westerosi advisor. There's a chance Barristan will die before they leave Meereen and Jorah isn't a great canidate for that position either.

I agree. However I believe that Dany's image is already hurted. She is the daughter of Mad King, she is the one who stood aside when her husband killed her brother, she was married to two barbarians, she does have MDW, she does bring hordes of barbarians with her.

They were a minor part of his force. Dany's whole invasion would be based on foreign soldiers.

True. I imagine a few peasants having a pity party over tankards of thin ale.

Peasant #1: "House burned, crops and cattle foraged, daughters raped, sons murdered..."

Choir: "Oh, shut up, you. Doesn't impress anyone anymore."

Peasant #2: "Same as that other fella, but all by foreigners."

Choir: "ZOMG you poor fucker, that's outrageous!"

The opinions of the masses wax and wane like the tides.

The Mob:

"We love Joffrey"

"We hate Joffrey"

"Boo Tyrells, we starve"

"Yay Tyrells, we are fed"

"Fie upon the Imp, evil counselor"

"Huzzah for the Halfman, our savior"

"Fie upon the Imp, king and kinslayer"

"Fuck the squalid Sparrows"

"Hurray for the righteous Sparrows"

"Cersei our glorious lion queen"

"Cersei, used up whore and brotherfucker"

Etc.

Jorah warned Dany of just this - the people have their own concerns to think of, and politically, are more fickle than sellswords.

They were a minor part of his force. Dany's whole invasion would be based on foreign soldiers.

This is the middle ages. People from another of the Seven Kingdoms are considered "foreign" to the average villager.

I think having three fire breathing dragons with you as "children" will make sure you and whoever you are with are welcomed with open arms.

Besides we really dont know what state the 7 kingdoms are going to be in when she gets there.

The north could be dealing with a civil war and white walkers.

If walder frey dies your going to have alot more dead freys... Frey killing frey

if margery dies cuz of cersi then you could have the reach and IT fighting.

Ironborn invading at will whereever

It could all be just all screwed up and a pretty lady with dragons maybe just what they think they want. To keep the peace.

I think having three fire breathing dragons with you as "children" will make sure you and whoever you are with are welcomed with open arms.

1. She has, at most, one dragon right now.

2. I think you're mistaking "open arms" with "living in terror." And her having dragons in and of itself doesn't fix anything, unless Drogon has some training in accounting or agricultural science.

Well like I said I'm not holding him up as a salvation. I just think someone like him needs to be in Dany's court to explain basic stuff about Westeros. I'm not of the belief that Tyrion will devise some genius plan that solves all Dany's problems and gets him the Rock.

Littlefinger and Varys will probably outplay him but the story kind of demands Dany having a Westerosi advisor. There's a chance Barristan will die before they leave Meereen and Jorah isn't a great canidate for that position either.

I agree. Tyrion is not perfect, and he's not a savior. However, he's smart, knows Westeros, and is the best adviser Dany's had so far. Also, his motives help Dany. He wants revenge; he wants Casterly Rock. Putting Dany on the IT would achieve both those goals. Another thing: Varys and LF are playing their own sides. Who else would be a better adviser for Dany under these circumstances?

Archived