Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 6 [show spoilers]

Seneti

Thing is, Aegon/Connigton would have been in the earlier filming with Tyrion and Jorah. Arianne is definitely out or she would have been in all the Dorne scenes already, and Trystane wouldn't be named Doran's heir. Quentyn would have had to film the material with Emilia during the Mereen stuff a couple of months ago. And I just don't think Val can be described as a 'major character in the books'. The only filming that seems to still be occurring is the northern plotline and this Brienne/Pod stuff. So one of the Greyjoy brothers perhaps. Jaime has also been seen in Belfast - might he make it to his end of ADWD plotline where he meet Brienne and heads to LSH?

Patchface posted this on WOTW:

"At the risk of sounding deliberately cryptic again, I can confirm that one of the major characters in the books that we thought had been excluded from the series has indeed made it to the show, and the actor/actress is shooting in Belfast as we speak. I’d be surprised if word of this doesn’t get out between now and the first week of December. I’m as surprised as everyone (will be), to be honest."

Daniel Portman and Gwendoline Christie are confirmed to be filming in Belfast right now, by several sightings on twitter (they are staying at Europa hotel). This could be definitive evidence that LSH is making it into season 5.

If not, a 'major character' for me would be a POV, so the only other candidate would be Victarion. At a stretch, Euron or Manderly. But then Patchface's 'surprise' wouldn't really apply to Manderly, and noone has really thought he is outright confirmed to be excluded from the series.

Classic troll move. Rolling the dice, then when someone pops onto screen he says "see I told you". If nothing happens he vanishes until next year and starts the process again.

Stephen Dillane has won an International Emmy , yesterday?

I did not know there was an International Emmy.

No not for his role on GOT.

If he's filming GOT right now Stannis has grown a beard.

Is there recent pictures of him?!

He didn't pick up the award. One of the directors of The Tunnel picked it up on his behalf and said he was filming "Games of Thrones" !

He had a pretty mean beard coming on at the end of last season. Will a beard make Stannis more likeable? Or will he seem more gruff?

As far as this major character goes... Aegon/JC/Manderly/LSH/Quentyn/Arianne/Victarion/Aeron/Euron. I put a lot of faith in HBO's Viewer Guide, so until other evidence emergencies, I believe Victarion and Aeron are out. Euron isn't out, he's just an enigma - I wouldn't worry about it.

Arianne would probably have filmed outdoor scenes in Dorne. One thing to keep in mind is we don't know a whole lot outside of the big production events. We get random cameras in certain places giving us clues into the scenes on some shoots - the faith militant, the sorrows boat, a few dorne scenes... otherwise we're in the dark. Arianne might still be in and we never caught a glimpse of her, but she seems like a safe character to write out given the positions of other characters in Dorne and revealing most of the major Dornish characters.

Quentyn... maybe? I don't suspect he'd have a massive buildup if they were going to introduce him. He might show up indoors in E1/2 then appears in Meereen in E7/8.

LSH - very possible.

Manderly... even more possible. IIRC, Manderly is indoors for every book scene. Belfast shoots in the indoor scenes so... yeah.

Jon Connington/Aegon - I'm still placing this one as a maybe and that they'll show up in Illyrio's manse. Could very well not happen this way, or not at all.

Manderly and LSH seem like the most likely candidates to make an appearance at this juncture.

"At the risk of sounding deliberately cryptic again, I can confirm that one of the major characters in the books that we thought had been excluded from the series has indeed made it to the show, and the actor/actress is shooting in Belfast as we speak. I’d be surprised if word of this doesn’t get out between now and the first week of December. I’m as surprised as everyone (will be), to be honest."

First thought : if this is legit, he's talking about Bran.

But, again, if, and that's a huuuuuuge if, that's legit, it could be a brand new character...

Still not given up on Wyman Manderly.

Can someone tell me which place in Westeros who is filmed in Belfast? North , Riverlands?

Everywhere is filmed in Belfast. Far north to parts of Essos. The other countries are used mainly for external shoots only.

Stephen Dillane has won an International Emmy , yesterday?

I did not know there was an International Emmy.

No not for his role on GOT.

Neither did I, but well done to him. The Tunnel was a really good show. In regards to the beard that was fr a previous award he won, so he will most likely still have the same beard he has been having all this time

In regards to Patchface I simply dont trust him, anyone of us could say oh this and that will happen, and if it does I am now a legit source by just rolling the dice? I dont think so.

There is no reason to keep Arianne and Quentyn under wraps, and if Arianne is cast someone would have a noticed a really beautiful women in any of the Dornish scenes. Plus Trystane is referred to as the Heir to Dorne. Plus it would be really easy to get around casting Quentyn. So we can be pretty confident to say Arianne and Quentyn are cut.

Now in regards to Aegon, he could still be cast in s6, as he pretty much does nothing in s5. So we could get the 2 big announcements for s6 would be Aegon and Euron. Or Aegon could be replaced by Trystane, in a bigger Queenmakers plot. So Aegon's fate is still in the air, but the Dornish characters we havnt seen already are cut

Can someone tell me which place in Westeros who is filmed in Belfast? North , Riverlands?

Everywhere is filmed in Belfast. Far north to parts of Essos. The other countries are used mainly for external shoots only.

Yup, Belfast contains most interior scenes. My understanding is they film all the outdoors stuff and some interior scenes at locations for the first part of shooting. The outdoors stuff usually requires the most CGI, so the VFX people can start on that earlier on in the Fall. While this is going on, the sets for new interiors are constructed in Belfast, and they bring all the people for these scenes together towards the end of shooting. Things can be shot quicker and more efficiently in this controlled environment. Most Belfast scenes do not require a lot of CGI given that everything is custom built and lit. The only thing that they really have to VFX during this stuff are bluescreened stunt/action/cropped pieces, and extending certain sets that might not reach the full height of the ceiling and such.

Why do people give a *** about the Sand Snakes? They are really not important at all. At least in the books.

They become important in Winds, and that's why they have been included in the show, apparently very important to the point that D&D are going to focus on them heavily in the next season, they do after all know the bullet points for the remaining books.

0oh lucky her.

Now assuming Patchface is not a troll and based on what's happening in NI right now I'm guessing it's Randyl Tarly.

I am all for Sam's bastard dad making an appearance, how will he be introduced?

Will Brienne come across him in Saltpans, as in the books. Will they change his story and allegiance somewhat and have him be allied with Stannis and therefore in the North, if that happens, could add a very interesting dynamic to Sam's and the NW story, and of course Stannis. They have in the show at least, not developed a back story on who Lord Tarly is pledged too.

jaimereborn, I've just done a twitter search and haven't come across the pertinent links about Gwendoline Christie and Daniel Portman being in Belfast (which could be because of my own incompetence rather than anything else of course). Could you link a few by any chance?

EDIT: I've been linked one in the wotw comments by james rivers, so there's no need to link me one here (unless you find more of them, that is).

Archived