Telltale Aims for Late 2014 for Game of Thrones

Westeros

It’s been going around the gaming press that a community manager at Telltale Games has revealed that they intend to have the officially-licensed Game of Thrones adventure game titled Iron from Ice out by the end of the year. A little less than a year ago, Telltale’s acquisition of the license from HBO became big news among gamers, as Telltale’s recent adventure games—their Walking Dead game in particular—have been popularly and critically acclaimed for their storytelling and characters.

Last month, Telltale released a very short teaser hinting at a North-based storyline, mentioning some of the minor houses in the wolfswood:

Visit the Site!

Episode 1 of the GoT game should be out this year (possibly meaning financial year 2014-15, so up until April, but more likely this year). Like most of their games, it should be divided into five episodes with a gap of anything up to several months between each episode, with the whole thing completed in hopefully a year or so.

• 3 weeks later...

$30 bucks? That sounds great, but it leads me to believe the game might be a bit on the short side and might not have much replay value. Like I said above, I loved the Jurassic Park Telltale game, but I never played it again after finishing it and it cost me about $40 or so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived