What will be Stannis reaction if/when Danny arrives in Westeros?

Sothoryos_is_Africa!

Assuming that he lives and will defeat the Boltons and retake the north (yes I know the theories of Robb's will but let's not think about it just yet), is it possible that him who is so just about claims would admit that his brother was a usurper and help Danny in her claim? I know that at the time of the rebellion Aerys was mad and wasn't the best king in the history, that he killed the Starks in ways worst then the Saw movies, that Rhaegar supposedly kidnaped Lyanna but still Robert was a usurper, and if we think about it he was also a kinslayer since Steffon and Aerys were first cousins, not to mention that house Baratheon wouldn't be what it is if not for the targaryens (Aegon I practically created their house).

And it is also possible that in the moment Melissandre lay eyes on Danny she will realize that her prophecy fits Danny better than Stannis :

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.[19]"

I could interpretate that the star was bleeding (comet in clash of kings) right after Danny emerged from smoke and salt to wake the dragons out of stone (dragon eggs were turned into stone and she did emerged from smoke).

Would appreciate your thoughts on this, if Stannis would settle for Storms End (he hates dragonstone I guess he would ask for his birthright castle) and help Daenerys take the iron throne, her seat by rights.

Him? Nothing, just grind his teeth.

Dany? She'll dance around singing "Disco Inferno" while she subjugates opponents and accepts oaths of fealties from others.

Dentistry in Westeros is going to need to advance 100 years to deal with the damage Stannis is going to cause himself when news of two new Targaryen claimants reaches him.

He'll grind his teeth and talk of saving the wall while she was being Queen in Slavers Bay, his pretty sword and having already won that war.

I am the rightful king by right and by action, I am just, etc.

A better question is whether or not he'll pair up with either Dany or Aegon to defeat the other, similar to the offer he refused from Renly. I don't think he will. Mel's prophecies are reason 1. Shireen is reason 2.

Assuming that he lives and will defeat the Boltons and retake the north (yes I know the theories of Robb's will but let's not think about it just yet), is it possible that him who is so just about claims would admit that his brother was a usurper and help Danny in her claim? I know that at the time of the rebellion Aerys was mad and wasn't the best king in the history, that he killed the Starks in ways worst then the Saw movies, that Rhaegar supposedly kidnaped Lyanna but still Robert was a usurper, and if we think about it he was also a kinslayer since Steffon and Aerys were first cousins, not to mention that house Baratheon wouldn't be what it is if not for the targaryens (Aegon I practically created their house).

And it is also possible that in the moment Melissandre lay eyes on Danny she will realize that her prophecy fits Danny better than Stannis :

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone.[19]"

I could interpretate that the star was bleeding (comet in clash of kings) right after Danny emerged from smoke and salt to wake the dragons out of stone (dragon eggs were turned into stone and she did emerged from smoke).

Would appreciate your thoughts on this, if Stannis would settle for Storms End (he hates dragonstone I guess he would ask for his birthright castle) and help Daenerys take the iron throne, her seat by rights.

Yeah, its possible but don't expect the idea to be too popular. People like Stannis as an adamant character of absolute conviction and unwavering principle and won't hear talk otherwise (even though he did break his oath of fealty to his king....)

Remember how hard a time he had choosing between his fealty to Aerys and his loyalty to his family? The Barratheons belong in Storm's End rather than KL anyway and its that inheritance that he was so sore about Robert passing to Renly. If Dany grants that to him / guarantees it to Shireen he might finally doff that millstone that has been hanging around his neck since Robert died and end up where he really belongs (or his heir(s) at least).

Archived