[TWOIAF Spoiler] Best Artwork

MoIaF

I just feel like she looked way better than they portray her in the TV show. And I agree, she is the most beautiful queen out there ;)

True, I like Emilia but this portrait shows her as the Warrior Queen she is. No wonder GRRM compared her to Nymeria.

I just hated the dresses she wore in the last season. The loin cloth skirt is totally how I imagined her...

They didn't bother me, although, I loved it when they dressed her in the HOTU with the armor type clothing. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YNusGUdXhFI/UXbx9NY4eII/AAAAAAAAIMw/b5tX4BZR3kg/s1600/DF49983348D993C97087559D2992D_h400_w300_m2_bblack_q99_p99_cIOzcitJt.jpg

They didn't bother me, although, I loved it when they dressed her in the HOTU with the armor type clothing. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YNusGUdXhFI/UXbx9NY4eII/AAAAAAAAIMw/b5tX4BZR3kg/s1600/DF49983348D993C97087559D2992D_h400_w300_m2_bblack_q99_p99_cIOzcitJt.jpg

Yeah that armor was nice! She made Cersei look like shit.

Having just seen it, I'd also like to add the Lyonel vs Duncan picture. Because it's so well made it actually does look like a picture taken right in the heat of the moment. The armor, the postures, the art just works. You can just feel that the both of them are ready to kick ass.

Heck yeah for Jaehaerys. And are we not going to talk about Rhaegar? More than heck yeah for that.

I was actually a little disappointed at Rhaegar. But holy hell, the Targs were hot! Daeron I? Good grief!!

All the artwork is amazing. I love the drawing of the man from Yi Ti and the woman from Leng. The one of Meria Martell telling Rhaenys to piss off is perfect lol

Pretty much everyone in this book was attractive.

Targaryens are just mystifying.

Yeah, I actually think they went slightly over the top with that. I mean, I know its fantasy and they can't have the average look, well, average, but as I saw it the vast majority of characters were either grotesquely ugly (Meriah Martell, Aegon the Unworthy, late Aerys), pretty attractive (most everyone, bar a few like Viserys I and Robert) or ridiculously beautiful (Nymeria, almost all Valyrians/Targaryens male or female, and a good portion of the mistresses of Maegor and Aegon IV).

I mean, it's not a big complaint and it sure makes for some good art, but Victoria's Secret ain't got nothin' on this book in terms of gorgeous supermodels.

Yeah, I actually think they went slightly over the top with that. I mean, I know its fantasy and they can't have the average look, well, average, but as I saw it the vast majority of characters were either grotesquely ugly (Meriah Martell, Aegon the Unworthy, late Aerys), pretty attractive (most everyone, bar a few like Viserys I and Robert) or ridiculously beautiful (Nymeria, almost all Valyrians/Targaryens male or female, and a good portion of the mistresses of Maegor and Aegon IV).

To be fair if there had been a picture of Stannis he would have demanded they include warts and all.

Archived