Jon Snow IS Dead

iDooom

Some people seem to believe that not only is Jon Snow not dead, but also that he's not seriously injured. Let's review the events at the end of ADWD.

First, Wick cuts Jon. "When [Jon] put his hand to the side of his neck, blood welled between his fingers."

"Welled" is an interesting choice of words. That's a lot of blood. A lot more than say "leaked" or "dripped."

But, but, the wound is just a scratch! It can't be serious.

JON is the one who says that it's a scratch. But he can't even see the wound. He can, however, see the blood from the wound.

Next, "Jon reached for Longclaw, but his fingers had grown stiff and clumsy. Somehow he could not seem to get his sword free of its scabbard."

So Jon, one of the best fighters in the NW, can't even draw his sword. Very interesting.

"Jon fell to his knees. He found the dagger’s hilt and wrenched it free."

If he was wearing chainmail and wasn't seriously hurt, why does he "[fall] to his knees?" Why doesn't he get back up and fight?

"Pain washed over him. Stick them with the pointy end. When the third dagger took him between the shoulder blades, he gave a grunt and fell face-first into the snow. He never felt the fourth knife. Only the cold . . ."

If Jon is barely hurt, why does he feel so much pain? Why does he just decide to just lie down and take a nap?

Now consider that the whole sequence of events probably took place in less than 30 seconds. If Jon went into shock and lost consciousness, he's now dead. Especially considering that there's no maester or other healer around to stop his blood loss. While it's quite likely that Jon Snow's consciousness is currently in Ghost, his real body is dead.

If he was (permanently) dead, Martin would have told us that in the book. It would be a better book and it would give time for people to get over it. Now if it's revealed in the first chapter of the next book, people will be raging throughout the whole experience.

Jon is, or will be, alive.

Thoughts on the theory that Melisandre uses Shireen (king's blood) to revive Jon? I personally don't buy into it fully, but I am wondering if anyone is convinced thats the way this is going to go down?

I believe she will try and it will back fire on her, by it not working. This causes Stannis to go batshit and pisses Jon off, when he wakes up.

I personally lean toward Jon being brought back by Bran/Bloodraven, using the power of blood magic.

Its hilarious that people use a thread dedicated to 'proving' Jon is dead to discuss how he isn't dead &/or will be revived :lol:

To the OP: Gonna have to do better than that to convince me. I've read the chapter so summarizing it does nothing to prove he is dead-dead

Archived