Historic foreshadowing / history repeating itself

RumHam

Alicent Hightower reminds me a lot of Cersei Lannister.

• Both are ambitious women from two of the richest families of the realm.
  • Their fathers served as Hands before and after they became queens and died during war in King's Landing.
  • Both were brought in King's Landing when they were very young.
  • Both were somehow related to multiple kings:Alicent was Jaehaerys's companion,Viserys's wife and Aegon's mother and Cersei was planning to be Aerys's daughter-in-law and became Robert's wife and Joffrey and Tommen's mother.
  • Alicent's children practiced incest and Cersei's chlidren were born of incest.
  • When their husbands died they crowned their sons, passing the announced/rightfull heir which was the lord of Dragonstone.
  • Both have a younger queen as an enemy.

I believe Cersei's fate will be similar to Alicent's.She will outlive her children,being kept as Aegon's hostage as far as Winds of Winter is concerned.

Im pretty sure George just split Cersei in 2 when he created Alicent and Rhaenyra

Alicent is ambitious, rich and ignores her husband's will

Rhaenyra looks exactly like Cersei, fathered 3 bastards, is remembered as a lousy queen and her beloved was a legendary military badass

Well I have found some interesting foreshadowing .

Aegon V Egg had a wife Betha Blackwood called Black Betha . We don't no for sure what happen at Summerhall , but we do no wildfire was involved . So Betha dies at Summerhall but there were few survivors Duncan a man born and raised in Flee Bottom who becomes LC of the Kinsguard . Dunk in that chaos saves Rhaella and Rhaegar , Rhaegar as we know was into prophecy and he believed he was The Prince that was promised , a prophecy that fortells the coming of a hero to deliver the world from darkness . later Rhaegar thought that Aegon was Tptwp and Aegon died but Rhaegar left another son Jon who will end up at the Wall .

40 years later

Davos a man born and raised in Flee Bottom becomes The Hand of the King who fights at the battle of Blackwater on a ship called Black Betha , Black Betha is destroyed at the battle by wildfire . Davos survives and end's up at Dragonstone were he find's a letter from the NW and remind's Stannis ( a descendent from Egg and Betha ) of the threats beyond the Wall . Stannis who is believed by Mel and the Queen's man that he is AA sails to the Wall and saves the day and starts to prepare for the fight against the "Darkness" with the new LC of NW Jon Snow :ph34r: .

Sorry about my English :drunk:

Well I have found some interesting foreshadowing .

Aegon V Egg had a wife Betha Blackwood called Black Betha . We don't no for sure what happen at Summerhall , but we do no wildfire was involved . So Betha dies at Summerhall but there were few survivors Duncan a man born and raised in Flee Bottom who becomes LC of the Kinsguard . Dunk in that chaos saves Rhaella and Rhaegar , Rhaegar as we know was into prophecy and he believed he was The Prince that was promised , a prophecy that fortells the coming of a hero to deliver the world from darkness . later Rhaegar thought that Aegon was Tptwp and Aegon died but Rhaegar left another son Jon who will end up at the Wall .

40 years later

Davos a man born and raised in Flee Bottom becomes The Hand of the King who fights at the battle of Blackwater on a ship called Black Betha , Black Betha is destroyed at the battle by wildfire . Davos survives and end's up at Dragonstone were he find's a letter from the NW and remind's Stannis ( a descendent from Egg and Betha ) of the threats beyond the Wall . Stannis who is believed by Mel and the Queen's man that he is AA sails to the Wall and saves the day and starts to prepare for the fight against the "Darkness" with the new LC of NW Jon Snow :ph34r: .

Sorry about my English :drunk:

That's a good catch regarding the ship being a homage to Egg's queen.

Im pretty sure George just split Cersei in 2 when he created Alicent and Rhaenyra

Alicent is ambitious, rich and ignores her husband's will

Rhaenyra looks exactly like Cersei, fathered 3 bastards, is remembered as a lousy queen and her beloved was a legendary military badass

Totally agree, but Alicent might have become as crazy and suspicious as Cersei after seeing so many children and grandchildren die.There is no evidence for what happened to her after Rhaenyra's flee from King's Landing.

In the chapter of Aegon III, a man appeared, claiming to be Daeron,the last brother of Aegon II whose body was never recovered.It is mentioned that all such pretenders are conclusively shown to be imposters.That reminds me of Young Griff.(I don't know if somebody said that earlier,I didn't read all 10 pages).

Totally agree, but Alicent might have become as crazy and suspicious as Cersei after seeing so many children and grandchildren die.There is no evidence for what happened to her after Rhaenyra's flee from King's Landing. Great point

In the chapter of Aegon III, a man appeared, claiming to be Daeron,the last brother of Aegon II whose body was never recovered.It is mentioned that all such pretenders are conclusively shown to be imposters.That reminds me of Young Griff.(I don't know if somebody said that earlier,I didn't read all 10 pages). LOL, as if the Faegon theory needed even more fuel. But you're probably right.

Im hoping the theory concerning the Freys ending up like the Reynes is true.

Viserys II was a prince who had a wife from the Free Cities that he married for love, and gave him two sons and one daughter. She later left him and their children to return home. Now we know where Doran gets it from.

I'd put Quentyn as Naerys. I don't think Arianne is any Aemon the Dragonknight, but Aegon IV, maybe.

You're gonna call me nuts, but when I read about Viserys the first two people he reminded of were Renly and Tywin.

Viserys II was a prince who had a wife from the Free Cities that he married for love, and gave him two sons and one daughter. She later left him and their children to return home. Now we know where Doran gets it from.

I'd put Quentyn as Naerys. I don't think Arianne is any Aemon the Dragonknight, but Aegon IV, maybe.

Where is it stated that Viserys married for love?

I'm not saying that he didn't love her, but he was a hostage at the time of his marriage. I doubt he had any say in who he would marry.

I'm not saying that he didn't love her, but he was a hostage at the time of his marriage. I doubt he had any say in who he would marry.

Nah, he was sent to the Prince of Pentos to be fostered and protected but he was not a hostage.

Viserys II is a strong Tyrion parallel. His wife abandons him.

Rohanne Webber, another Anne derivative, becomes Lady Lannister. Disappears.

All ties in well with Jaime's knock about quote.

if the gods are good, she'll forget she was a Stark. She'll wed some burly blacksmith or fat-faced innkeep, fill his house with children, and never need fear that some knight might come along to smash their heads against a wall."

Sansa learnt how to disappear from position when LF had Dontos whisk her away. And LF gave her the run down on what is important in choosing an alias if you wish to remain anonymous, and she has been living quietly and anonymously since in the Vale.

I say after she does her dash as queen and sells Tyrion out to the North Sansa takes Jaime's advice and does the disappearing act.

Nah, he was sent to the Prince of Pentos to be fostered and protected but he was not a hostage.

Viserys II was supposed to be sent to the Prince of Pentos yes, but he never arrived. The Battle of the Gullet occured and he was seized by the Triarchy and taken to Lys

In the chapter of Aegon III, a man appeared, claiming to be Daeron,the last brother of Aegon II whose body was never recovered.It is mentioned that all such pretenders are conclusively shown to be imposters.That reminds me of Young Griff.(I don't know if somebody said that earlier,I didn't read all 10 pages).

Nice

Orys Baratheon losing his sword hand after being taken captive in the Boneway by the Wyl of Wyl (aka "the Widow-lover") reminds me of Jaime Lannister losing his sword hand in ASoS. Jaime's refusal to consider taking the position of Hand of the King after losing his sword hand recalls Orys' resignation from the position of the Hand after he lost his own sword hand.

Maegor's tyrannical reign could no longer be borne, and the realm rose to end it. Unifying them all was the claim put forward by the young Prince Jaehaerys Aenys and Alyssa's only remaining son . . . Maegor's response to this was slow and confused, and it seems that this series of betrayals and perhaps even the loss of his mother's guidance had left him, in his own way as broken as Aenys. He called his loyal lords to King's Landing, but all that came were minor lords of the crownlands, who had little to marshal against the king's many enemies. It was late at night during the hour of the wolf

Cersei lost her father's guidance, and the knowledge of betrayals by Taena and Jaime (he freed Tyrion) with the realm united against her would leave her a bit broken. She will likely have made enemies in every region by ADoS, and her madness would be worsened by the loss of her children just as Maegor's mdness supposedly was by the deaths of his own unborn children. I think the realm would unite against her under the banner of Rhaegar's remaining son, Jon. Jon's Targaryen predecessors to the crown were Aegon and Viserys just as Jaehaerys's brothers of the same name were. Finally, it was the hour of the wolf.

Fair, but she wasn't described as unattractive and he was the son of one of he chief enemies of Lys, Daemon Targaryen.

The truth of the combined strength of Myr, Lys, and Tyrosh was proved when these three cities did in fact unite, albeit briefly, in the aftermath of their victory over Volantis at the Battle of the Borderland. Pledging eternal friendship with one another, they came together in 96 AC as the Triarchy, though in Westeros their union was best known as the Kingdom of the Three Daughters. The Triarchy began with the stated aim of cleansing the Stepstones of pirates and corsairs.

This i think is supportive of my theory of the three daughters coming back.. Now we have a new pirate king, Aurane Waters.. to root him out, old enemies should unite once more.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/110630-moments-of-foreshadowing-9/?p=5843944

This i think is supportive of my theory of the three daughters coming back.. Now we have a new pirate king, Aurane Waters.. to root him out, old enemies should unite once more.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/110630-moments-of-foreshadowing-9/?p=5843944

I agree. Dany will take Volantis with the help of the converted tigers which kind of makes her a tiger. She will be the parallel of the Volantene force trying to recover the Valyrian empire by conquering Free Cities.

Isn't it mentioned a few times that the three daughters are on the verge of war?

Archived