NBA Regular Season 2014-15

Rhom

The offseason thread was at 20 pages.

I loved this headline: Anthony Davis took over the NBA when nobody was watching.

Davis finished Tuesdays season-opener with (*deep breath*) 26 points, 17 rebounds, nine blocks, three steals, two assists, one foul and zero turnovers in 36 minutes.

Love that kid. He's been infectious to watch since the first day he stepped on the court for Kentucky. He has an attitude that will take him far in basketball and just looks like he's always having fun out there. He also is just now growing into his body and the physical skills he displays are almost mind-boggling.

In other news, the Lakers get off to a rough spot with Julius Randle breaking his leg in the opening game. Its going to be a shame to see one of the great NBA careers of all time sputter out this way for Kobe.

I would have bet real money that you were going to post about Anthony Davis and Julius Randle this morning. :lol:

Hate to hear that about Randle though. The Lakers just went from really terrible to extra hot garbage with that loss.

ETA: I'll be in person tonight for the Griz season opener against the T-Wolves, which of course means the NBA debut of Andrew Wiggins. I hope it also means a Grizzlies win in a season opener, which almost never happens.

I loved this headline: Anthony Davis took over the NBA when nobody was watching.

Love that kid. He's been infectious to watch since the first day he stepped on the court for Kentucky. He has an attitude that will take him far in basketball and just looks like he's always having fun out there. He also is just now growing into his body and the physical skills he displays are almost mind-boggling.

In other news, the Lakers get off to a rough spot with Julius Randle breaking his leg in the opening game. Its going to be a shame to see one of the great NBA careers of all time sputter out this way for Kobe.

Yeah, I was hoping that the break was a premature description, but seeing the brace they put him in to take him off the court - that didn;t look good. Hopefully it was just precautionary and he can get back soon.

Did you see the rings the Spurs got? Carrying that thing around may finally give Timmy D some muscle definition.

I would have bet real money that you were going to post about Anthony Davis and Julius Randle this morning. :lol:

Am I that predictable?!!? :lmao:

In all fairness, they were the two biggest stories to come out of the league last night. Tonight, ESPN slobbers all over the city of Cleveland. So with the story of Davis being ranked as the third best player in the league, how long before LeBron declines enough to no longer be the best player in the league? For a lot of athletes, that decline happens rapidly; but LeBron has turned into such a facilitator that I really think he can keep that level of contribution for years to come.

Also, this is Davis' third year in New Orleans... he has to leave after hitting free agency doesn't he? Is there any possible future where the Pelicans can challenge for the upper half of the Western Conference?

That line is just nuts. I don't even know how you get 9 blocks in a game. After 4-5, you'd think the other team just stops shooting anywhere in the same zip code as the Brow.

Anthony Davis is insanely good. It annoys me how New Orleans cashed out on the talent and roster flexibility around him with the likes of Jrue Holiday, Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans. Aren't you especially peeved, Rhom, not to get to see him play with Nerlens Noel? With that frontline teams wouldn't even think of shooting within 10 feet of the basket.

Davis is definitely the 3rd best player. I know the had KD ranked #7 because of his injury, but come on, he's a tad bit behind Lebron. Only because of D and Lebron's supreme ability passing the ball. Although, KD made great strides in that phase of his game last year.

Davis is still young and its almost scary how good he'll be when he hits his prime. There hasn't been a totally dominate all-around center since Hakeem. Shaq was but only at scoring and rebounding, was a OK passer. The Brow will be a once in a generation center, I'm sure of it. As long as he stays healthy.

Now I'm a Lebron homer. Don't have a favorite team, never have. I just tend to latch onto a player I love and follow him wherever he goes. That being said, it was a brilliant move to come back to Cleveland. He might also be the best GM in the league with the acquisition of Kevin Love. Cleveland brass didn't want to let go of Wiggins but had no choice, Lebron wanted Love. And when I started hearing the rumors, I couldn't think of a player that better fits Lebron's game. Their gonna be scoring 110 a night and will probably get close to 60 wins. But, if they don't improve big time on D, there's little chance they can win a Championship. But I have I feeling that Lebron can instill at least enough to make them legit title contenders. But, man Waiters and Irving are pretty bad on D, its gonna take a lot of work.

Who scares me and I love him at the same time is D-Rose. If he gets back to his MVP self, I don't know if Cleveland makes it out the East this year. Thats down the road though. He's shown signs, but with way he plays, it only takes one wrong cut or coming down on a ankle in the lane. I hope he gets back to his old self though, I love watching him.

. Aren't you especially peeved, Rhom, not to get to see him play with Nerlens Noel? With that frontline teams wouldn't even think of shooting within 10 feet of the basket.

God yes that would have been fun to watch. They are both so gifted athletically and in college you could even see guys on the three point line flinch before putting up a shot when one of them was closing out.

In a different era, this season would have been AD's senior year of college. Mind boggling what kind of numbers he would be putting up against the SEC. :stunned:

In a different era, this season would have been AD's senior year of college. Mind boggling what kind of numbers he would be putting up against the SEC. :stunned:

No no no no no no no. :leaving: Y'all are going to be deadly enough to the cbb world as it is. Please leave your juvenile fantasies out of this thread. :rofl:

No no no no no no no. :leaving: Y'all are going to be deadly enough to the cbb world as it is. Please leave your juvenile fantasies out of this thread. :rofl:

How about this one... its my great "What if" of the Kentucky basketball world of the last few years (followed closely by "What if Jodie Meeks had stayed for Calipari's first year?")... Marquis Teague was just traded from the Nets to the Sixers this week where he was promptly waived. What if he had stayed for his sophomore year? Ryan Harrow doesn't have to run the point and doesn't implode under the pressure. Teague doesn't throw a lazy pass against Florida that has to be chased down by Nerlens Noel which gets his knee blown. Kentucky goes to the NCAA tourney instead of the NIT and challenges for another Final Four. Teague gets drafted in the lottery of the draft that year (because that draft sucked) and Noel fulfills his full potential and is drafted number one overall by Cleveland. Teague is still in the league and Noel teams up with King James to provide the defensive presence the Cavs are going to need.

Ahhhhhh... what if...

Asik is much better fit next to Davis than Noel would be. He had 14/17/5 in the same damn game.

Yeah, pretty much anything that puts you in a "First to do this since Duncan and Robinson..." category is amazing. He and Asik are a good fit together.

OKC is quickly becoming the Arsenal of the NBA.

Now out:

Durant ( December)

Morrow ( December)

McGary ( December)

Perkins ( hasn't played a game in pre-season and gets more sluggish every year)

Reggie Jackson ( one or two weeks)

Lamb ( one or two weeks)

This means Roberson and Perry Jones are starters, and these guys have yet to even show glimmers of real promise. Lamb continues to brick his way from one game to the next.

Anyway, Rockets off to a good start last night, decent contributions from Jones and Ariza, and Harden for 32 points in game 1, nice to see him vs Bryant.

The Asik- Davis combo could be one of the storylines of the NBA this year, and Ryan Anderson will be a rock coming off bench. But there are questions about that backcourt.

Archived